Diaz To Dream?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Diaz To Dream?
grappler0000
4/17/08 8:32:56PM
Nick Diaz has verbally accepted to fight Marcelo Garcia at the next Dream show. (April 29th) Although Garcia inititially accepted the fight, there has been talk that the match will now be scrubbed. According to Dream promoters, Marcelo has now decided that he does not want the fight and it is unclear if Dream will be able to find an opponent in time for Nick to participate.

Source
hotrodttt
4/17/08 8:34:52PM
Nice ! Good career choice for Marcelo because 2 loses in a row wouldn't be Good, I think he'll be like Jacare and face Mid Level Competition and then step in with some Good Talent.
rabbit915
4/17/08 8:54:37PM
Good pick up for dream. I love how EliteXC is letting their guys fight in Dream. Hopefully some dream guys will fight over there as well. That would set up some great matchups.
coldchillin
4/17/08 10:12:55PM
I would love to see him fight in Dream. There's plenty of interesting lightweights for him to fight there... they'll let him get his toke on as well. I have always wanted to see Diaz and Aoki fight, could you imagine the level of jiu-jitsu that would be displayed in that fight?

and yes, the Elite and Dream relationship is good for MMA right now as one company isn't allowed to hold a monopoly over the fighters and the sport.

jiujitsufreak74
4/17/08 11:02:45PM

Posted by coldchillin

I would love to see him fight in Dream. There's plenty of interesting lightweights for him to fight there... they'll let him get his toke on as well. I have always wanted to see Diaz and Aoki fight, could you imagine the level of jiu-jitsu that would be displayed in that fight?

and yes, the Elite and Dream relationship is good for MMA right now as one company isn't allowed to hold a monopoly over the fighters and the sport.

DIaz vs Aoki would be INSANE. i would give Aoki the advantage on the ground and i would be interested to see how the stand up battle goes. i think Diaz would win the stand up with more power but i would take Aoki. Aoki is a more slick grappler and i can see him winning a decision in Dream with his offensive JJ in winning a decision. in America, im not so sure how the judges would score it, but i would be glued to the TV as u see all the transitions and sub attempts from these two JJ fighters.
ncordless
4/18/08 5:32:45AM
Diaz v. Aoki would be interesting.

How about Garcia v. Aoki... Aoki has been beaten by Garcia in a grappling match. Would be interesting under mma rules.
fedorwins1
4/18/08 3:28:57PM
I'm glad Garcia didn't accept this fight. He has so much potential, I don't want him to lose 2 in a row, let him grow into an amazing fighter.