Diaz Vs Aoki possible for LWGP

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diaz Vs Aoki possible for LWGP
POLL: Diaz or Aoki
Diaz 62% (16)
Aoki 38% (10)
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/26/07 4:58:12PM
IMO this would be a great ground war between the two. IMO Aoki is a little better on the ground than Diaz but toughness and striking are Diaz's strength.

Stickan
2/26/07 5:11:10PM
Aokis stand-up is horrible so I have to go with Diaz. Aoki might win a decision but I lean towards a Diaz decision or TKO.
fedorwins1
2/26/07 5:12:33PM
Aoki is better on the ground and would absolutely not trade with Diaz, so I would have to choose Aoki by Dec.
hippysmacker
2/26/07 5:17:50PM
Diaz is super tough, but I'll take Aoki by sub.
JoeMimic
2/26/07 5:49:19PM
I really don't think Aoki will be able to keep him on the ground if he gets there. Diaz via KO R2
loller90278
2/26/07 5:52:03PM
a better fight i think would be

melendez vs diaz
gomi vs sakurai
aoki vs ... hmm cant think of anyone
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 6:25:39PM
Nick Diaz could prolly beat all of those mentioned...Diaz said it himself in an interview that he is used to training with bigger guys(180lb training partners)so i think he can hold his own on the ground and in the stand-up with any lightweight(at least in pride) if Robbie Lawler and Gomi couldnt knock Nick out with their best shot im sure Diaz would handle any other lightweight's stand-up and on the Ground Nick is just Masterful!
Stickan
2/26/07 6:35:12PM

Posted by loller90278

a better fight i think would be

melendez vs diaz
gomi vs sakurai
aoki vs ... hmm cant think of anyone

Melendez - Diaz probably won't happen anytime soon since they're training partners.
bayonetxwork
2/26/07 6:37:57PM
Diaz would just go out and brawl with him, and I don't think Aoki could finish Diaz on the ground, so I'd pick Diaz by TKO or decision.
Svartorm
2/27/07 12:20:19AM
Are they going to call it "The Battle of the Gogoplatas"?
Cobbs666
2/27/07 1:06:20AM
the night of a thousand platas
Cobbs666
2/27/07 1:07:15AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Nick Diaz could prolly beat all of those mentioned...Diaz said it himself in an interview that he is used to training with bigger guys(180lb training partners)so i think he can hold his own on the ground and in the stand-up with any lightweight(at least in pride) if Robbie Lawler and Gomi couldnt knock Nick out with their best shot im sure Diaz would handle any other lightweight's stand-up and on the Ground Nick is just Masterful!

watch out this guy is in full mount
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/27/07 1:44:14PM
Thats what is so great about this LW division. There are so many threats in this wieght class that anything can happen. The LWGP will be one of the best tourneys to date IMO.

There is no heavy favorites and it seems like everyone has the tools to beat eachother. IMO it will be Melendez & Gomi or Diaz and Gomi in the final
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 3:11:50PM
Aoki by sub Aoki's ground game is so damn good but so is Diaz's but I believe if this fight goes to the ground Aoki gets the win.Wouldnt that be crazy Aoki by KO
Dadaman
2/27/07 3:34:36PM

Posted by Cobbs666

the night of a thousand platas

I spat my Gingerale all over my keyboard when i read that LOL
Thalzaar
2/27/07 4:03:43PM
The LWGP is going to be awesome. I'm not sure what it is about LW's, but they always seem to have some of the best fights around. Can't wait to see this one play out for sure.
SteedTheDeed
2/27/07 5:10:54PM
that would be a good match, diaz by tko strikes