Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Diaz
Next Page »
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 12:02:41AM
i dont know if anyone saw it tonight but diaz one by rd 3 tko. but to better the fact that he won he went into the cage after KJ NOONS title win and him and his brother Nate started talking and a brawl broke out.

anyones thoughts on it?
Mchubb316
6/15/08 12:03:45AM
Yeah there is another thread on this just below. It was crazy. Good ole fashion entertainment.
hotrodttt
6/15/08 12:07:13AM
I liked the fact that Nick went in there seeing as KJ won't stop the Trash Talk saying that he Beat Nick to a Crisp and saying that he doesn't deserve a Title Shot. But from the point of a Hardcore MMA Fan it wasn't Good for the Sport, just think if it was on Primetime. The news headlines would be all over it. It was almost as worse as Cabbage vs Tank 1.
Lord_Lenny
6/15/08 12:16:46AM
well... he did what he had to do to guarantee that he wont be ducked anymore. No one got hurt, i thought it was entertaining
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 12:26:56AM
im a hardcore fan but i mean he had to do that to add to the fire that is the feud of Kj Noons and Nick Diaz and im sure that gary shaw will make an Event with that fight headlining it now which is why i think he did it so shaw will make the fight happen.
beerman77
6/15/08 12:32:34AM
i hope that someone gets a link up tp that i really neeeeedd to see that tape . i was watching earlier but had to leave
breakdown5
6/15/08 12:59:50AM
The Diaz brothers know how to get people pumped for a fight. I was already looking forward to the rematch, but it will be interesting to see an angry Noons in their with Diaz. Should be a brawl.
misses1112
6/15/08 1:06:56AM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Kracker_Jap
6/15/08 1:45:52AM
WAR DIAZ
Khaos
6/15/08 2:13:02AM
I truly feel Noons is a "paper" champion

I think it was a lucky shot on Edwards

and a cut, a ******* cut, he didn't finish he, he cut him in the Diaz fight

Diaz would destroy KJ Noons in a remeatch

Hell even Nate Diaz would beat KJ
wolfman
6/15/08 2:21:20AM

Posted by Khaos

LOL....KJ owned Diaz. He beat him all over the cage. Diaz couldn't take him down and he was losing the stand up battle miserably. Diaz didn't impress me tonight at all, KJ wins the rematch...
Raykill
6/15/08 2:27:32AM
Mixed feelings for me. I think both brothers have great skill and are good fighters. But they really bring the sport down. They act like a couple of no class gangbangers.
MMA has enough issues trying to get the sport mainstreamed so the fighters can make more money on bigger venues. Just no class. I wish they would drop the gangsta act and just fight.
wolfman
6/15/08 2:30:56AM

Posted by Raykill

Mixed feelings for me. I think both brothers have great skill and are good fighters. But they really bring the sport down. They act like a couple of no class gangbangers.
MMA has enough issues trying to get the sport mainstreamed so the fighters can make more money on bigger venues. Just no class. I wish they would drop the gangsta act and just fight.

First Diaz misses weight and then tonight's antics, talk about being unprofessional. They need to leave the bad boy antics behind and let their fighting do the talking.
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 2:34:26AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Raykill

First Diaz misses weight and then tonight's antics, talk about being unprofessional. They need to leave the bad boy antics behind and let their fighting do the talking.

it does. and kj won because of a cut which has been fixed as we think. and im sorry but the diaz brothers are fun to watch and listen to. you dont have to like it. but you should respect them as fighters. and if you think about it its good for nick to get under the skin of kj. mental games athletes do it all the time.
coldchillin
6/15/08 2:35:42AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Khaos

LOL....KJ owned Diaz. He beat him all over the cage. Diaz couldn't take him down and he was losing the stand up battle miserably. Diaz didn't impress me tonight at all, KJ wins the rematch...

"why you scared homie?"

OWNED? are you serious, Diaz was losing the stand-up for sure but he was far from getting owned... we still haven't seen Noons' ground game yet and I think Nick will expose it in their rematch. Diaz has yet to be finished in a fight (knocked out or submitted) the way Noons got knocked out clean by Krazy Horse. Diaz will have to weather the storm a little in the rematch to win though but now we know Noons is a little better than most we're giving him credit for.

Fedor owned Gary Goodridge... Cro Cop owned Dos Caras, Jr... Noons did not "own" Diaz at all. What a joke.
wolfman
6/15/08 2:40:16AM
Where did I say that I don't respect them as fighters??? I just don't like their gangsta antics...Also, Noons dominated Diaz in their fight. Yeah, he won by (T)KO due to Cuts. Yet, Diaz had no answer for his stand up and was virtually bullied all over the cage. He got maybe one takedown out of the whole round(towards the end of the round I believe). I wish the fight would have not been stopped due to the cuts Diaz had, but I think the outcome would have been the same regardless. It was sure domination even though we did not see a CLEAR finish....Noons will win their next fight as well. I like the Diaz bros. as fightrs, but I don't like their gangsta attitudes.
wolfman
6/15/08 2:45:18AM

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Khaos

"why you scared homie?"

OWNED? are you serious, Diaz was losing the stand-up for sure but he was far from getting owned... we still haven't seen Noons' ground game yet and I think Nick will expose it in their rematch. Diaz has yet to be finished in a fight (knocked out or submitted) the way Noons got knocked out clean by Krazy Horse. Diaz will have to weather the storm a little in the rematch to win though but now we know Noons is a little better than most we're giving him credit for.

Fedor owned Gary Goodridge... Cro Cop owned Dos Caras, Jr... Noons did not "own" Diaz at all. What a joke.

Diaz had a hard time getting his opponent down tonight and he had a HELL of a time trying to Noons down. If he can get Noons down, then YES, he has a good shot at finishing Noons. However, he has to get him there to win. As that is the only way I see Diaz winning. KJ will win either by TKO or UD. Also, Noons may not be as bad on the ground as we think, he has improved over the years.

coldchillin
6/15/08 2:45:52AM

Posted by wolfman

Where did I say that I don't respect them as fighters??? I just don't like their gangsta antics...Also, Noons dominated Diaz in their fight. Yeah, he won by (T)KO due to Cuts. Yet, Diaz had no answer for his stand up and was virtually bullied all over the cage. He got maybe one takedown out of the whole round(towards the end of the round I believe). I wish the fight would have not been stopped due to the cuts Diaz had, but I think the outcome would have been the same regardless. It was sure domination even though we did not see a CLEAR finish....Noons will win their next fight as well. I like the Diaz bros. as fightrs, but I don't like their gangsta attitudes.

remember all the punishment Diaz took from Gomi in the first round of their fight? It was indeed worse than what Noons dished out. Diaz's warrior spirit truly shined through in that performance and I think he still would of finished himif the fight didn't get stopped due to cuts. Noons' ground game will get exposed in the rematch. Nick needs to be more focused on Sakurai at this point though... Sakurai is no joke when motivated and more than capable of beating him. I expect an all-out war with Diaz and Mach.
gartface
6/15/08 2:51:13AM

Posted by coldchillin

remember all the punishment Diaz took from Gomi in the first round of their fight? It was indeed worse than what Noons dished out. Diaz's warrior spirit truly shined through in that performance and I think he still would of finished himif the fight didn't get stopped due to cuts. Noons' ground game will get exposed in the rematch. Nick needs to be more focused on Sakurai at this point though... Sakurai is no joke when motivated and more than capable of beating him. I expect an all-out war with Diaz and Mach.

Doesn't marijuana increase the pain threshold?
wolfman
6/15/08 2:52:36AM

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

I agree that Gomi dished out more punishment. I probably should have used a different word, rather than owned. However, I still think it was an impressive showing by Noons and dominating. The difference with the Gomi fight is that Gomi gassed, whereas Noons would have still had a full tank going into the second round. Diaz beat Gomi fair and square, but you can't deny that Gomi was gassed in that fight and Noons was hardly breathing. Yet, in MMA anything can happen and Diaz may had gone on to finish Noons. So, if their next fight stays standing I see Noons winning, if it hits the ground Diaz will win. Noons could surprise us with his ground game. We do know he has great takedown defense though.
coldchillin
6/15/08 2:55:45AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Khaos

"why you scared homie?"

Diaz had a hard time getting his opponent down tonight and he had a HELL of a time trying to Noons down. If he can get Noons down, then YES, he has a good shot at finishing Noons. However, he has to get him there to win. As that is the only way I see Diaz winning. KJ will win either by TKO or UD. Also, Noons may not be as bad on the ground as we think, he has improved over the years.

Diaz has faced a lot of better guys than Noons and wasn't finished. He made Fickett, Neer and Tibau look like complete bums and we all know that's far from the truth. I will admit that Nick probably took Noons lightly last time but Noons and his big ass mouth have Nick's full attention now. Noons makes me sick.

Nick Diaz can very well be the Dream Welterweight Champion and the EliteXC Lightweight Champion by year's end.

The Diaz Brothers are great for their sport... very exciting fighters who have slick submission games.
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 2:57:38AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by coldchillin

yes if i can agree with you on anything with diaz is yes that had to help him in that fight. but still i think he can take a lot of punishment and he can handle a few punches from kj in the re-match to take him down.

but right now as said above me sakurai could beat him so if i was nick id pay attention to him and try to get that belt first.
wolfman
6/15/08 3:04:24AM

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Khaos

"why you scared homie?"

Diaz has faced a lot of better guys than Noons and wasn't finished. He made Fickett, Neer and Tibau look like complete bums and we all know that's far from the truth. I will admit that Nick probably took Noons lightly last time but Noons and his big ass mouth have Nick's full attention now. Noons makes me sick.

Nick Diaz can very well be the Dream Welterweight Champion and the EliteXC Lightweight Champion by year's end.

The Diaz Brothers are great for their sport... very exciting fighters who have slick submission games.

Yes, he has fought tougher opponents....Yet, was still outclassed on the feet in his fight with KJ(We obviously see this fight differently, but you are a biased Diaz fan). KJ made you sick, well Nick's antics tonight made me sick and I think he was the one who lacked class tonight. We obviously see things differently. I am not a fan of either fighter, but I think Diaz needs to act more professional....I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 3:10:38AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Khaos

"why you scared homie?"

Yes, he has fought tougher opponents....Yet, was still outclassed on the feet in his fight with KJ(We obviously see this fight differently, but you are a biased Diaz fan). KJ made you sick, well Nick's antics tonight made me sick and I think he was the one who lacked class tonight. We obviously see things differently. I am not a fan of either fighter, but I think Diaz needs to act more professional....I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

alright here i can agree with you.. i am a biased diaz fan but i will admit that diaz did lack the class tonight but thats the nick diaz we all know. im not a huge kj noons fan but ive been a big diaz fan since his first couple of ufc fights. and im just use to that with him and now his brother nate. people can look at it as bad for the sport but realize they also draw people to watch them. me being one of them. and i think in that fight kj was winning the stand up but didnt dominate him but thats just my opinion.
gartface
6/15/08 3:15:18AM

Posted by DiabloFreak56
alright here i can agree with you.. i am a biased diaz fan but i will admit that diaz did lack the class tonight but thats the nick diaz we all know. im not a huge kj noons fan but ive been a big diaz fan since his first couple of ufc fights. and im just use to that with him and now his brother nate. people can look at it as bad for the sport but realize they also draw people to watch them. me being one of them. and i think in that fight kj was winning the stand up but didnt dominate him but thats just my opinion.

They draw fans for the wrong reason.
coldchillin
6/15/08 3:15:57AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Khaos

"why you scared homie?"

I'm far from biased, if anything you're a biased Diaz hater. I agree he was losing the stand-up but far from being finished or owned. Noons' dad was the one acting like an idiot, him and his son were the ones trying to rush them.
NatedawgThaM
6/15/08 3:16:33AM

Posted by gartface

Yeah, that's IF DIAZ SMOKED IT THAT NIGHT!!! But...he didn't. He tested positive for smoking it a few days before the fight. No drug can keep you high that long.

I do like what the Diaz brothers did as I have always been a fan. They bring excitement into the sport. Bad Blood ALWAYS sells. If you want peace, hippyish type of martial arts, then go and watch the karate kid or something. The same buttholes who don't even consider MMA "martial arts." The Diaz brothers aren't making the sport look bad. EVERY SPORT has bad blood and high tensions in it. Critics just hate and think it's "barbaric" because it's in a cage and their's a lot more blood then in boxing. If you noticed, CBS got heat for the blood and barbaric nature EliteXC made the sport appear. Not because Kimbo is an ex-street thug fighter. It's fight images, not fighters attitudes.

I am thought a little concerned in this fight. Noons is F***KIN FAST!!! I think he'll beat Diaz on the feet again and on the ground is were I'm worried after watching tonights fight against Yves. That GNP is fast and furious. The same thing might happen to Diaz on his back. Can't answer the shots, gets cut and stopped again. He'll need to box from the outside and use that jab, catch Noons coming in and on the ground, HE MUST have control at all time. Keep Noons body controlled at all times from unleashing that furious GNP while setting up subs. I still have faith in my boy, Diaz sub in the 2nd in a BLOODY WAR!!!
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 3:21:22AM
[

Yeah, that's IF DIAZ SMOKED IT THAT NIGHT!!! But...he didn't. He tested positive for smoking it a few days before the fight. No drug can keep you high that long.

I do like what the Diaz brothers did as I have always been a fan. They bring excitement into the sport. Bad Blood ALWAYS sells. If you want peace, hippyish type of martial arts, then go and watch the karate kid or something. The same buttholes who don't even consider MMA "martial arts." The Diaz brothers aren't making the sport look bad. EVERY SPORT has bad blood and high tensions in it. Critics just hate and think it's "barbaric" because it's in a cage and their's a lot more blood then in boxing. If you noticed, CBS got heat for the blood and barbaric nature EliteXC made the sport appear. Not because Kimbo is an ex-street thug fighter. It's fight images, not fighters attitudes.

I am thought a little concerned in this fight. Noons is F***KIN FAST!!! I think he'll beat Diaz on the feet again and on the ground is were I'm worried after watching tonights fight against Yves. That GNP is fast and furious. The same thing might happen to Diaz on his back. Can't answer the shots, gets cut and stopped again. He'll need to box from the outside and use that jab, catch Noons coming in and on the ground, HE MUST have control at all time. Keep Noons body controlled at all times from unleashing that furious GNP while setting up subs. I still have faith in my boy, Diaz sub in the 2nd in a BLOODY WAR!!!

NatedawgThaM
6/15/08 3:58:57AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by gartface

Also, watch that fight closely. His boxing was ridiculously crisp in that fight. He was pin point accurate, just his overall boxing was spectacular, he picked Gomi apart. Who some people say is the best striker at 155. Not to mention he finished the fight with such a complex move in the gogoplata. Only a few fights in MMA HISTORY have ended in that submission. How is he going to be high and be able to pull off something like that and have his boxing be that ridiculously crisp and accurate when fighters who aren't even high, as sober as possible can't even box that crisp?

Plus Diaz's chin is rock solid, those punches Gomi landed weren't gonna KO him whether he was high or not. Pain threshold has to do with heart. Being able to take punishment. So your questioning Nick Diaz's heart, somebody who has never given up or quit in any fight no matter how hard they hit him. Robbie Lawler(a middleweight) hit him with his best shots. So questioning his ability take multiple shots from a lightweight is IMHO a bit absurd in all due respect.
cmill21
6/15/08 4:19:15AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by gartface

Also, watch that fight closely. His boxing was ridiculously crisp in that fight. He was pin point accurate, just his overall boxing was spectacular, he picked Gomi apart. Who some people say is the best striker at 155. Not to mention he finished the fight with such a complex move in the gogoplata. Only a few fights in MMA HISTORY have ended in that submission. How is he going to be high and be able to pull off something like that and have his boxing be that ridiculously crisp and accurate when fighters who aren't even high, as sober as possible can't even box that crisp?

Plus Diaz's chin is rock solid, those punches Gomi landed weren't gonna KO him whether he was high or not. Pain threshold has to do with heart. Being able to take punishment. So your questioning Nick Diaz's heart, somebody who has never given up or quit in any fight no matter how hard they hit him. Robbie Lawler(a middleweight) hit him with his best shots. So questioning his ability take multiple shots from a lightweight is IMHO a bit absurd in all due respect.

I don't know if I agree with you. Diaz had a broken orbital bone, I don't know to many people who can fight with things like that. I think something was up. I also think that both nick and nate are good fighters, but I think they are street thugs and they should have respect for people and the sport, flashing gangs signs and giving people the finger isn't exactly classy.
Pages: [1] 2