Should the Detroit Lions get to keep the Thanksgiving game??

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Should the Detroit Lions get to keep the Thanksgiving game??
POLL: Should the Detroit Lioins get to keep the Thanksgiving game?
Yes 54% (13)
No 46% (11)
npayant
11/27/08 2:18:00PM
I'm interested in what you guys think.

Should the NFL stick with tradition and keep one of the Thanksgiving games in Detroit?

OR

Should they give it to a yearly competitive team?

I mean, come on... this is one of the most watched games of the year and every single year we get to see the ridciulous, embarrassing Detroit Lions!!!!

It's not even fun to watch...
Playground_Samurai
11/27/08 2:22:39PM
I'm a hardcore Detroit Lions fan, and we don't get and haven't had any Monday or Thursday night games.(at least not as long as I can remember.) So I vote no.

That's right.....I'm a Lions fan
npayant
11/27/08 2:26:17PM

Posted by gspfan

I'm a hardcore Detroit Lions fan, and we don't get and haven't had any Monday or Thursday night games.(at least not as long as I can remember.) So I vote no.

Man... I truly feel sorry for you...

Will they win a game this year?
iwannabesedated
11/27/08 2:38:00PM
I say let em keep it.It wouldnt be the same not seeing the Lions play on thanksgiving.

If anything stop showing every freaking Cowboys game...Everyone knows The Steelers are Americas team not the Cowboys.
cowcatcher
11/27/08 2:51:17PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I say let em keep it.It wouldnt be the same not seeing the Lions play on thanksgiving.

If anything stop showing every freaking Cowboys game...Everyone knows The Steelers are Americas team not the Cowboys.

youre right americas team isnt the cowboys.......its the PACKERS!!!
Jackelope
11/27/08 3:27:29PM
I used to not mind it when they had Barry Sanders to watch. Now... not so much

edit: And yeah, you're right.. this game is terrible.
Bowen50
11/27/08 4:03:47PM
they shouldn't keep it. they're horrible every year. i think they should give it to another NFC North team like the Packers. they're the youngest team in the NFL and are full of talent. they'll put on good games for years to come.
king_katool
11/27/08 4:09:42PM
EVERY team has that rebuilding stage, so what if they suck big deal, dont it dont watch it, very easy, its tradition, if they changed it i wouldnt watch it
soundboy1
11/27/08 4:35:50PM
I don't see how playing on Thanksgiving is any sort of reward. Who wants to work on Thanksgiving? That being said it sucks for us the fans. I can't remember the last time there was a game on Thanksgiving that meant anything. I don't really care for tradition so get rid of them.
higdon10
11/27/08 4:44:38PM

Posted by king_katool

EVERY team has that rebuilding stage, so what if they suck big deal, dont it dont watch it, very easy, its tradition, if they changed it i wouldnt watch it

This has been more than a rebuilding stage. They have been terrible for years now. But they should def. keep the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit. It wouldn't be the same without it.
Jackelope
11/27/08 5:09:49PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by king_katool

This has been more than a rebuilding stage. They have been terrible for years now. But they should def. keep the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit. It wouldn't be the same without it.

The rebuilding stage of the Lions has been going on ever since I can remember. Even when they had Barry Sanders I can't remember when they were thought of as a legitimate contender
mkiv9secsupra
11/27/08 10:22:29PM
i think the games should be spread out to different teams every year. the same teams every year kinda gets boring and monotonous.
Twenty20Dollars
11/27/08 11:24:45PM
its tradition. Do you eat turkey on thanksgiving? Yes. So what if you got a turkey that wasnt good, would you not eat turkey next thanksgiving? NO

Cowboys and Lions on Thanksgiving but they are adding that 3rd game so be thankful. If you dont want to watch the eat then go spend time with your family.

Thanksgiving be thankful that you can watch football and eat food.
Jackelope
11/27/08 11:59:27PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

its tradition. Do you eat turkey on thanksgiving? Yes. So what if you got a turkey that wasnt good, would you not eat turkey next thanksgiving? NO

Cowboys and Lions on Thanksgiving but they are adding that 3rd game so be thankful. If you dont want to watch the eat then go spend time with your family.

Thanksgiving be thankful that you can watch football and eat food.

If I kept eating the same turkey for 20+ years and it tasted like crap every year then I'd stop eating turkey. I don't, though.. because it tastes good. So does the stuffing. Wish I could say the same thing about how "tasty" it is to watch the Lions play
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/28/08 12:16:23AM

Posted by gspfan

WOW, a Detroit Lions fan AND a GSP fan..... u r gonna have a terrible season and GSP is going to lose....

don't worry, i know what it's like to lose, I'm a NY JETS fan, we had our share of bad times