Whoever determines NFL Schedules

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Whoever determines NFL Schedules
iwannabesedated
2/18/08 9:01:11PM
Must have a Huge Hardon for the Steelers..After seeing their 08-09 schdule i almost pissed my pants..Peter King has an interesting article on it today.I dont see how a 10-6 team gets a harder schedule than an 18 and 1 team like NE or the NYG super bowl champs.

• Eight of Pittsburgh's 10 non-AFC North games are against 2007 playoff teams.

• All 10 non-division foes were .500 or better in 2007.

• New England plays four games against teams that finished over .500 in the 2007 regular season. Pittsburgh plays 10.

• Excluding the Steelers in 2005, the last four Super Bowl champs (Giants, Colts, Pats, Pats) are on Pittsburgh's schedule.

New England plays four games against teams that finished over .500 in the 2007 regular season. Pittsburgh plays 10. Are Your Serious?

LINK

Going to be a long season next year...anyways i miss football already
roadking95th
2/19/08 12:43:24AM
That makes me laugh! The schedules are already set for the next bazillion years. The AFC North plays the AFC South this coming year. It's been known for years now. Same with playing the NFC East. The only thing that is not set year to year, is who your "other" opponents will be. Since the Steelers won their division last year, they will play the other division winners of the AFC next year. Besides, more years than not, I would take my chances playing in the AFC North.

You think that is a hard schedule, consider this.

The Steelers won 10 games last year. Their 2008 opponents averaged 9.5 wins. Therefore, the Steelers' opponents are only 95% as good. Now, take my lowly Dolphins. They won once. Their opponents average 7.5 games. That means they are playing opponents that are 7.5 times better than them. Who has it harder? Obviously this is absurd.
krthll1
2/19/08 6:02:04PM
This schedule was set like 6 years ago man. You really cannot predict who will be good in the future! It all comes down to their division they have to play. They have to play the toughest division top to bottom in the AFC South. This stuff happens once in awhile.The steelers are pretty good though. I give them absolutely no sympathy. Go Vikes!!!
RampageOwnedYou
2/19/08 7:30:29PM

This schedule was set like 6 years ago man. You really cannot predict who will be good in the future! It all comes down to their division they have to play. They have to play the toughest division top to bottom in the AFC South. This stuff happens once in awhile.The steelers are pretty good though. I give them absolutely no sympathy.

Exactly. For a steeler fan to bitch and moan is funny. Schedule was set awhile back. Man how you think I feel, im a Bills fan, and they cant win, nor can they win a superbowl in 4 straight SB'S, and look at our schedule we got NE Twice last year and now this year, so booo hooo.... cry me a river ;-)
jiujitsufreak74
2/20/08 12:23:23AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

This schedule was set like 6 years ago man. You really cannot predict who will be good in the future! It all comes down to their division they have to play. They have to play the toughest division top to bottom in the AFC South. This stuff happens once in awhile.The steelers are pretty good though. I give them absolutely no sympathy.

Exactly. For a steeler fan to bitch and moan is funny. Schedule was set awhile back. Man how you think I feel, im a Bills fan, and they cant win, nor can they win a superbowl in 4 straight SB'S, and look at our schedule we got NE Twice last year and now this year, so booo hooo.... cry me a river ;-)

i'm a Jets fan...tell me about it...