DETAILING THE KIMBO-PETRUZELLI INVESTIGATION

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » DETAILING THE KIMBO-PETRUZELLI INVESTIGATION
MMAcca
10/14/08 8:39:01AM
Last week, the Florida State Boxing Commission opened a preliminary investigation into allegations of fight fixing in the main event of EliteXC’s “Heat” between Seth Petruzelli and Kimbo Slice.

According to Alexis Antonacci, press secretary for Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), the investigation will release its findings in a week to a week and a half.

Representatives from the DBPR will first interview the promoters of EliteXC; presumably Jeremy Lappen, Head of Fight Operations; Jared Shaw, Vice President; and Chuck Champion, CEO.

Antonacci said Petruzelli and Kimbo, along with other fighters on the card, may or may not be interviewed.

LINK
imanidiot777
10/14/08 9:06:36AM
I hope all the dirt in the world comes up and EliteXC just goes out of business now.

Then the UFC can sign Kimbo Slice and let him fight cans for AWHILE and build him up, he does have potential and I hate the fact that his promoters made me hate him, because he seems like a nice guy.
oleg
10/14/08 10:02:27AM

Posted by imanidiot777

I hope all the dirt in the world comes up and EliteXC just goes out of business now.

Then the UFC can sign Kimbo Slice and let him fight cans for AWHILE and build him up, he does have potential and I hate the fact that his promoters made me hate him, because he seems like a nice guy.

UFC would be hard pressed to find big enough cans for Kimbo. He would be better off headlining a smaller promotion.
bojangalz
10/14/08 10:23:21AM

UFC would be hard pressed to find big enough cans for Kimbo.

And it's not like they handed Brock any cans on his way up.
Manfred
10/14/08 10:54:54AM
And Dana wouldn't put him in against cans anyways, just to make a point.

*Insert joke about the UFCs HW div here"
telnights
10/14/08 3:43:53PM
The Florida State Boxing Commission has already said they don't expect to find anything. Which translates to - this is just for show.
zephead
10/14/08 5:02:27PM

Posted by imanidiot777

A nice guy who flashes gang signs on CBS when he was interveiwed
telnights
10/14/08 7:08:08PM

Posted by imanidiot777

What cans? Every UFC HW I can think of would beat him badly. All the LHW's in the UFC i can think of would also beat him badly.

What potential has he shown? He has almost zero ground game and his boxing is sloppy at best. The only thing he has is some power in his hands. He should be fighting in smaller shows or on under cards but not in the UFC. He doesn't have the skill set to be a good fighter and is getting in to the game to late to learn one. I don't even think he could win my local tough man contest.

He is respectful at times but he still acts like a thug at times and is surrounded himself with a bunch of thugs and gang bangers.
DvS
10/14/08 7:17:55PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by imanidiot777

A nice guy who flashes gang signs on CBS when he was interveiwed

And a nice guy who is involved with the Reality Kings adult film company, close friend to the guys who do Money Talks

He is actually in a few of the vids, he guards doors and looks out for people

Edit: Just posted a thread about it in the MMA Lounge
mrsmiley
10/14/08 8:37:18PM
Kimbo is best suited for a promotion like the IFC.
Are they still around?

If they want to give him suitable opponents that still pose a legit threat give him older legends like Frye,Oleg,or even Dan Severn.
He certainly won't hack it against even youthful second tier competition.As Petruzelli already proved.
DevonFoxy
10/14/08 8:51:09PM
Has anyone seen the Inside MMA on 10-10-08.

Seth explains that he was "hung over" and ect. ect.

Wartch bros eyes. He keeps looking away from the camera I mean he does it alot

This could mean nothing but come on that's got fishy written all over it to me.