Despite Strikeforce contract, Fedor Emelianenko can still compete in Japan

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Despite Strikeforce contract, Fedor Emelianenko can still compete in Japan
emfleek
8/4/09 1:15:26PM
Although Fedor Emelianenko has been signed to a three-fight, one-year deal, Strikeforce officials will still permit the heavyweight fighter to compete overseas, including in Japan.

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Emelianenko (30-1), who signed with Strikeforce on Monday, will be permitted to fight outside the organization while under contract.

STORY
marcus1
8/4/09 2:31:23PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Fedor only has three fights left with M1? So this time next year we will/should be going through all this again?
emfleek
8/4/09 2:33:22PM

Posted by marcus1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Fedor only has three fights left with M1? So this time next year we will/should be going through all this again?

Possibly.
ncordless
8/4/09 3:14:32PM

Posted by marcus1

Not sure on the exact length of his contract with M-1, but it doesn't seem likely that Fedor wouldn't re-sign with something he is part-owner of.
marcus1
8/4/09 3:52:23PM
I do realize that but on the other hand maybe the guy would like to fight some actual comptition. Maybe he will come to his senses. Maybe he will shed his shitty management and do what is best for him and not M1.... Those are BIG maybes. I do not see it happening but a guy can dream can't he? VIVA LA CAN CRUSHER!
cmill21
8/4/09 6:46:12PM

Posted by marcus1

I do realize that but on the other hand maybe the guy would like to fight some actual comptition. Maybe he will come to his senses. Maybe he will shed his shitty management and do what is best for him and not M1.... Those are BIG maybes. I do not see it happening but a guy can dream can't he? VIVA LA CAN CRUSHER!

Well his last fight was against a guy everyone thought was so fantastic, then he lost two in a row and he`s not real competition. Oh the world of mma.