Despite emotional TUF Live Finale win, Mike Chiesa says there's little time to celebrate

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Despite emotional TUF Live Finale win, Mike Chiesa says there's little time to celebrate
prophecy033
6/2/12 5:13:41PM
UFC president Dana White said it best in an off-camera conversation with Mike Chiesa just moments after "Maverick" submitted Al Iaquinta in the final bout of The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale.

"Congratulations," White told Chiesa. "Storybook ending."

Indeed it was after Chiesa survived the heartbreak of losing his father during the first week of filming of this season's edition of the reality competition show, especially since the bout took place on his mom's birthday. And yet Chiesa refused to enjoy the moment too much, viewing the result as just the beginning of his journey.

"I'm definitely happy I won the show," Chiesa said. "It's the culmination of a lot of hard work. But I've got my next line of goals set up. I'm ready to go to the UFC."

Link
LightsOUT23
6/2/12 5:32:59PM
Much respect to Mike Chiesa. A hard fought season under the conditions he had coming into the house, he deserved to be crowned the Ultimate fighter.
prophecy033
6/2/12 6:02:13PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Much respect to Mike Chiesa. A hard fought season under the conditions he had coming into the house, he deserved to be crowned the Ultimate fighter.

To keep going the way he did after his dad passed was pretty impressive
Bubbles
6/2/12 7:12:16PM
I will always root for Chiesa
LightsOUT23
6/3/12 12:28:01PM
I was a little anxious with Mike Chiesa's frame being tall and lanky that he would eventually face a hard hitting wrestler at some point in the competition and get ko'd, but he took some good shots and recovered throughout and had some impressive victories pulling through to the final and taking the crown. What was more impressive to me was that he took out the number one guy Justin Lawrence in the quarter finals with an impressive stoppage, then he gets the ko against James Vick in the Semi's before eventually going on to win the show stopping Al Iaquinta in the first round in the final. A near flawless showcase of his talents for Mike Chiesa.