Despite Close to UFC Career, Mirko Cro Cop Plans Return to Kickboxing

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Despite Close to UFC Career, Mirko Cro Cop Plans Return to Kickboxing
grappler0000
12/9/11 1:00:57PM
A third straight knockout loss brought a close to Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic's UFC career, but the Croatian apparently isn't quite ready to call it quits when it comes to combat sports. While he's rehabbing a torn right biceps muscle, he is also plotting a return to kickboxing, and says he will fight in a March 10 show in his nation's capital city, Zagreb.

In an interview with Croatia's Fight Channel, Cro Cop revealed that he injured his right arm before his recent UFC 137 fight with Roy Nelson and decided to fight anyway. Even beforehand, he told fans that it was likely his last time in the octagon, and while he says he's done in the MMA realm, he plans to return to K-1 for the first time since 2003.

"K-1 is the sport where I started," he said. "This is my first love and I find K-1 more attractive and more suitable for our Croatian fans than MMA."

Cro Cop isn't scheduled to have his right arm removed from a cast until December 20, but despite his doctor's advice of staying on the sidelines for eight weeks, he has begun training in preparation for his return...

Full Story
BuffaloDave
12/9/11 1:14:14PM
There still is hope to see another left head kick KO.
Budgellism
12/9/11 1:27:04PM
I love this
KungFuMaster
12/9/11 1:34:15PM
I smell another knock out loss.
prophecy033
12/9/11 3:47:18PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I smell another knock out loss.

possibly but now he can throw kicks without worrying about getting taken down
tcunningham
12/9/11 4:17:55PM
im down. id watch, i think mirko could still be successful in a K-1 career. i dont see him winning any world titles but it cool hes going back to his roots
FastKnockout
12/9/11 4:44:00PM
There's a part of me excited to see if he can find success, but another part worried about his health. Three knockout losses in a row doesn't exactly yell K-1 success.
tallica62
12/9/11 5:14:45PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

ditto
Poor_Franklin
12/9/11 5:27:58PM

Posted by tcunningham

im down.

as am i
ghandikush
12/9/11 6:30:30PM
He gets knocked out hard against any top guy with power.
Manak
12/9/11 8:29:21PM
DeadHead988
12/9/11 9:10:02PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I'm pretty sure he's not even capable of throwing a head kick anymore.
ncordless
12/10/11 4:01:38AM
I heard a rumor that he was gonna fight Errol Zimmerman. . . that would be a very bad fight for Cro Cop.