Who deserves the title as # 1 contender in the UFC LHW??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who deserves the title as # 1 contender in the UFC LHW??
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: Who deserves the # 1 contender status to fight Chuck?
Rampage Jackson 46% (65)
Rashad Evans 30% (42)
Keith Jardine 18% (26)
Other 6% (9)
tunefish
2/21/07 3:46:02PM
Up till now, that seems about right...
OB_Juan
2/21/07 4:00:40PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

If Lambert pulls an upset over Babalu, he should have a shot.

Lambert got pwnt by Rashad in his last fight.

Does that mean if Lambert beats Babalu Evans will finally get some credit?

Not according to Trapt1nw0nder's logic. See above example of Tito/Forrest/Jardine.

NO Lambert would not be #1 contender if he somehow pulls off the upset!!!

are you guys serious??

....then again..how can i take someone seriously when he thinks Jardine beats Forrest 100% of the time..

You're right, because Babalu isn't the #1 contender.

And I'm just going by the stats. Jardine has in fact beat Griffin 100% of the times they have fought. It's undeniable.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/21/07 4:05:28PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

Not according to Trapt1nw0nder's logic. See above example of Tito/Forrest/Jardine.

are you guys serious??

....then again..how can i take someone seriously when he thinks Jardine beats Forrest 100% of the time..

And I'm just going by the stats. Jardine has in fact beat Griffin 100% of the times they have fought. It's undeniable.

yeah and Joe Lauzon beats Jens Pulver 100% of the time too huh?.......Joe should be fighting sherk next IMO
OB_Juan
2/21/07 6:21:51PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

are you guys serious??

yeah and Joe Lauzon beats Jens Pulver 100% of the time too huh?.......Joe should be fighting sherk next IMO

No. Jens wasn't the #1 contender. Far from it, actually. And yes, as per their records versus each other, Joe has beat Jens in 100% of their fights.

mmadb
2/21/07 6:37:59PM
Nobody at any point suggested Lambert would be the #1 contender even if he beats Babalu.

R e a d S l o w e r...
Trapt1nw0nder
2/22/07 5:35:24AM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

are you guys serious??

No. Jens wasn't the #1 contender. Far from it, actually. And yes, as per their records versus each other, Joe has beat Jens in 100% of their fights.

dont try to change what you actually said now that i put you on the spot.....you said..

"Jardine wins 100% of the time. "....."not "Jardine has won 100% of the time"

i know its hard....but just admit you're wrong..

your opinion
madmarck
2/22/07 8:48:00AM
Too many qutoes guys. I dont see Lambert beign #1 at all. He got beat down by Rashad and i think he is being brought in to lose ot Babalu. Rampage is the guy who is the best to hype for a match with Chuck. But it will be another rematch for Chuck. Who hasnt fought anyone new since Veron White (guessing). Although everyone is hoping that Rampage will smash through Chuck again. You guys gotta face that taht fight was years ago. Both have changed since. I hope Ramapge does win.
amik
2/22/07 10:07:20AM
Rampage is the best contender for this title.

26 wins give me the reason...
OB_Juan
2/22/07 12:52:05PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

are you guys serious??

dont try to change what you actually said now that i put you on the spot.....you said..

"Jardine wins 100% of the time. "....."not "Jardine has won 100% of the time"

i know its hard....but just admit you're wrong..

your opinion

So this is your rebuttal? Instead of a semi-intellectual reply you try to discredit me by picking apart my words and taking them out of context. I should have expected as much out of you. Let's clear this up.

You said Jardine threw a lucky punch and that Griffin wins 80% of the time.

I replied, and I quote, "Statistics would disagree. Jardine wins 100% of the time."

Now maybe that went over your head the first time (not surprising) but I stated exactly what i meant to. Statistics are based on events that have already happened. They are not based on what somebody would like to think would happen (such as your 80%). I even received 2 or 3 props for that post.

Trapt1nw0nder
2/22/07 3:25:46PM
screw the statistics...use your common sense and knowledge of the fighters

Jardine is only #1 contender if Rampage cant fight Liddell next....Jardine has beaten nobody credible yet

and if i use your logic....

Tito who was already champion had to win 5 fights in a row before he got a title shot.....and you want Jardine an up and comer to get a title shot after only winning 2 fights in a row.....yea i know Jardine got robbed in the bonnar desicion,but ...Statistics say Bonnar wins 100% of the time

besides...look at the poll.....or let me guess...they're all noobs?
madmarck
2/22/07 3:49:59PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

screw the statistics...use your common sense and knowledge of the fighters

Jardine is only #1 contender if Rampage cant fight Liddell next....Jardine has beaten nobody credible yet

and if i use your logic....

Tito who was already champion had to win 5 fights in a row before he got a title shot.....and you want Jardine an up and comer to get a title shot after only winning 2 fights in a row.....yea i know Jardine got robbed in the bonnar desicion,but ...Statistics say Bonnar wins 100% of the time

besides...look at the poll.....or let me guess...they're all noobs?

I dont doubt that Dana White would quickly sacrifice Keith Jardine to Chuck Liddell. If you doubt it watch both title fights at UFC 56. Quarry and Riggs got title shots. And there is no way that Riggs deserved that shot more htan GSP, who also fought on that card.
Dana doesnt care soley about great competition. He wants to make $$$ Babalu and Tito arent getting shots again any time soon as long as chuck is still champ. Even if they are the 2 top contenders.
OB_Juan
2/22/07 6:24:29PM
Wasn't Riggs a last minute repalcement for Hughes? My memory fails me right now.

As for the poll, it's impossible to say if people voted who they truly thought earned a title shot or just who they wanted to see fight Chuck.

I still think that Jardine deserves it because Rogan and Goldy were billing Griffin/Jardine as the #1 contender match and at that time Rampage had said he wanted a couple more fights before fighting Chuck. That and the fact that Jardine pwnt Griffin harder than anybody else has ever been able to (including Tito). However, I'd probably rather see Rampage/Chuck 2.

hippysmacker
2/22/07 6:28:56PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Wasn't Riggs a last minute repalcement for Hughes? My memory fails me right now.

As for the poll, it's impossible to say if people voted who they truly thought earned a title shot or just who they wanted to see fight Chuck.

I still think that Jardine deserves it because Rogan and Goldy were billing Griffin/Jardine as the #1 contender match and at that time Rampage had said he wanted a couple more fights before fighting Chuck. That and the fact that Jardine pwnt Griffin harder than anybody else has ever been able to (including Tito). However, I'd probably rather see Rampage/Chuck 2.

Riggs replaced Karo 3 weeks out and was training for a different match. The sad thing was he was training with the militech camp at the time, and had to leave and train( I don't know who with) for the rest of the time before the match
MMA
2/22/07 6:39:35PM
Psh, like Lambert is even going to defeat Sobral.
FLAMarlins35
2/23/07 9:12:31AM
Rashad Evans!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
madmarck
2/23/07 9:37:34AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by OB_Juan

Riggs replaced Karo 3 weeks out and was training for a different match. The sad thing was he was training with the militech camp at the time, and had to leave and train( I don't know who with) for the rest of the time before the match

Was it Jeremey Horn? Or did he not have Elite Performance at that time?
Im pretty sure Riggs trained with Horn for UFC 54 though.
Broknmunky
2/23/07 10:52:37AM
I'm definitely not picking an argument with anybody. This is just my opinion. I would personally love to see Rampage/Iceman 2, but I also think Jardine deserves a shot. Rampage may have 20 something odd wins but why should he be put on a pedastal above other LHW's who have more wins in the UFC? It's not a big deal to me who fights as long as it's a good one. I want to see a war with an awesome finish!
hippysmacker
2/23/07 9:46:27PM
I'm only posting here to stop repeat threads. Everyone please check at least the first 5 pages of the UFC/Pride forum , and the first 3 of any other forum before starting a new thread. Related threads count. The difference between who is the #1 contender to Chuck's belt ,and who should Chuck fight next is negligable. This is just one example. Anyway, search through and if there is a related thread to the one you are thinking about starting, post your thoughts in it. It will bring it back to the top of the front page.
THANKS
ADMIN
nate22
2/23/07 10:00:43PM
A big +1 to this, seriously guys I know this is a discussion forum but nobody wants to see the same thing over and over again, it doesn't take much to browse and check.

At the very least, please don't come crying when you haven't checked and the thread gets moved to the lounge, i've had a lot of amusing PM's from people who want to kill my family because i've moved there thread into the lounge or whatever, bottom line is we are just trying to keep the forums as fresh and decent as possible without ending up looking like sherdogs front page.
kentonackson
2/23/07 10:08:42PM
I agree jardine need a shot not sure if he's ready but he deserves it .
hippysmacker
2/25/07 10:06:38PM
TTT to stop repeat threads and pinned
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 8:55:37AM
i dunno,but this could prolly be Hendo's 3rd belt he was talking about....

SICKRICK
2/26/07 10:50:34AM
forrest griffin deserve's the title shot even with he last fight... because he really did beat ortiz
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 6:34:57PM

Posted by SICKRICK

forrest griffin deserve's the title shot even with he last fight... because he really did beat ortiz

madmarck
2/26/07 7:04:23PM

Posted by SICKRICK

No Tito beat him Fair a Square. That fight was 29-28 for Tito Rightly.
IMO Forrest needs to beat Lyoto and then another warm up fight b4 he can get a legit title shot.
OchoCinco
2/27/07 6:17:09AM
I want to see Rampage face Rashad, Tito, or Bisping before he fights Chuck.(I know this won't happen, they don't want him beaten before Chuck gets ahold of him.) I think Jardine is the #1 contender now so give him a shot, he's beaten everyone they've thrown at him.
SICKRICK
2/27/07 7:28:38AM
griffin gets the shot or he should rampage will get there but then he gets ko'd by the chuckster
madmarck
2/27/07 3:16:01PM

Posted by SICKRICK

griffin gets the shot or he should rampage will get there but then he gets ko'd by the chuckster

Rick that sentence was Sick.
You mean Rampage gets a shot after Forrest?
Forrest doesnt seem likea #1 contender after his losses to Jardine and Tito. I think Jardine gets it ahead of him until Keith Loses again.
SteedTheDeed
2/27/07 5:06:15PM
you can not sell liddell v jardine. it has to go to rampage.
jocksmall
2/27/07 5:27:05PM
i went with rampage not because he has earned a shot but just because i feel he is the best of the fighters in the ufc. i feel babalu and tito are better than jardine or evans right now and chuck has beaten them both twice
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5