Who deserves the title as # 1 contender in the UFC LHW??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who deserves the title as # 1 contender in the UFC LHW??
Next Page »
POLL: Who deserves the # 1 contender status to fight Chuck?
Rampage Jackson 46% (65)
Rashad Evans 30% (42)
Keith Jardine 18% (26)
Other 6% (9)
hathcock32
2/20/07 8:05:29PM
Who deserves the Number 1 contender??
OB_Juan
2/20/07 8:11:44PM
I went w/ Jardine since Rogan and goldy were both making Jardine/Griffin to sound like it was a #1 contenders match. Maybe they were just expecting Griffin to win.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/20/07 8:14:38PM
i picked Rampage...Jardine has not fought anyone yet...the best fighter he has beaten is Forrest and he is nobody either.....when Jardine can get past a Tito Ortiz,or Sobral...then he will prove himself

Rampage has fought and beaten the better competition
OB_Juan
2/20/07 8:21:11PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i picked Rampage...Jardine has not fought anyone yet...the best fighter he has beaten is Forrest and he is nobody either.....when Jardine can get past a Tito Ortiz,or Sobral...then he will prove himself

Past Tito? You mean the guy who won a split decision over the very same guy you discredit that Jardine KO'd in rd 1?

Yeah Rampage has a win over Chuck and has fought better competition but Jardine has paid his dues more in the UFC. And you can be damned sure if Griffin would have KOd Jardine in the first rd that Forrest would be Chuck's next fight.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/20/07 8:32:33PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Past Tito? You mean the guy who won a split decision over the very same guy you discredit that Jardine KO'd in rd 1?

Yeah Rampage has a win over Chuck and has fought better competition but Jardine has paid his dues more in the UFC. And you can be damned sure if Griffin would have KOd Jardine in the first rd that Forrest would be Chuck's next fight.

yeah past tito...besides...you really think Jardine would KO Forrest in the 1rd if they fought again?...it was a lucky punch

Tito could of easy stopped Forrest in the 1st round too with that brutal GnP he unleashed on him

it was tito's first fight back in over 18 months...how about Sobral?..you didnt mention him

OB_Juan
2/20/07 8:52:02PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

yeah past tito...besides...you really think Jardine would KO Forrest in the 1rd if they fought again?...it was a lucky punch

Tito could of easy stopped Forrest in the 1st round too with that brutal GnP he unleashed on him

it was tito's first fight back in over 18 months...how about Sobral?..you didnt mention him

WTF are you on about? What does Babalu have to do w/ anything again? Feel free to discredit Jardine's win any way you want. Call it lucky or whatever. I guess you could use that lame-o excuse for any fight result you weren't happy with. Jardine threw a punch w/ the intention of hurting Forrest and he did exactly that. You call it luck, I call it accuracy.

Facts are Tito did NOT stop Forrest in the 1st round and Jardine DID. There are no "what ifs" or excuses because these fights already happened.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/20/07 9:02:28PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

WTF are you on about? What does Babalu have to do w/ anything again? Feel free to discredit Jardine's win any way you want. Call it lucky or whatever. I guess you could use that lame-o excuse for any fight result you weren't happy with. Jardine threw a punch w/ the intention of hurting Forrest and he did exactly that. You call it luck, I call it accuracy.

Facts are Tito did NOT stop Forrest in the 1st round and Jardine DID. There are no "what ifs" or excuses because these fights already happened.

im just saying that Forrest wins 80% of the time

i once threw a penny and made it inside a 3 liter bottle of coke from 20' away....i was aiming for that and i did it.....luck?....guess not
xthe_scottx
2/20/07 9:30:12PM
I have to agree with OB_Juan on this one. Jardine's only loss was to Bonnar which most if not all people think he won and Jardine tore through Griffin (apparently with a lucky punch just like Liddell lands a "lucky punch" every fight) where as Ortiz won a controversial split decision over him. Evans isn't a contender yet and Rampage not only said he wanted one more fight before Liddell, but fought like he neeeded it at UFC 67 IMO. That only leaves Jardine or someone new so I pick Jardine.
OB_Juan
2/20/07 9:30:16PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

im just saying that Forrest wins 80% of the time

i once threw a penny and made it inside a 3 liter bottle of coke from 20' away....i was aiming for that and i did it.....luck?....guess not

Statistics would disagree. Jardine wins 100% of the time.
hippysmacker
2/20/07 9:48:32PM
I say Jardine has earned it, but would prefer to see Rampage in the UFC. If I had my druther's completely I would say Wandy.
loller90278
2/20/07 10:35:22PM
all we need now is the guy that spams rashad evans here!
xthe_scottx
2/20/07 10:48:44PM
Yeah. I'm actually surprised He hasn't posted here yet with the same Rashad Evans Pics.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 12:52:03AM

Posted by loller90278

all we need now is the guy that spams rashad evans here!

Please don't encourage this
ac_gi
2/21/07 1:11:00AM
Keith Jardine.

IMO Keith has not lost in the UFC yet. His only real loss came over 5 years ago to Travis Wiuff. However, he hasn’t beat any big names yet. He did beat Bonner and Griffin, so the UFC will agree with me and give him a shot at the title.

I have a special place in my heart for guys who work the legs with low kicks. Jardine and Mirko come to mind.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 1:14:12AM

Posted by ac_gi

Keith Jardine.

IMO Keith has not lost in the UFC yet. His only real loss came over 5 years ago to Travis Wiuff. However, he hasn’t beat any big names yet. He did beat Bonner and Griffin, so the UFC will agree with me and give him a shot at the title.

I have a special place in my heart for guys who work the legs with low kicks. Jardine and Mirko come to mind.

I'll always remember Ruas chooping down Varlan's and being glad I wasn't the polar bear.
ac_gi
2/21/07 1:26:06AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ac_gi

Keith Jardine.

I'll always remember Ruas chooping down Varlan's and being glad I wasn't the polar bear.

Here is the fight.
Manfred
2/21/07 1:33:41AM
I picked Rampage but here's what I don't get: Dana said Chuck and Rampage will fight once more before they meet.

He said Chucks next opponent will NOT be a TUF'er. When asked who then, he simply said, "I'm working on it."

So, Rampage, Jardine, Evans, Bisping are all out. Babalu and Ortiz are an extreme long shot.

Of course I'm dreaming of 'lil Nog or Shogun, but since A.Silva and CC had at least one match before a shot, would he do that?
JunCTion
2/21/07 1:46:19AM

Posted by Manfred

I picked Rampage but here's what I don't get: Dana said Chuck and Rampage will fight once more before they meet.

He said Chucks next opponent will NOT be a TUF'er. When asked who then, he simply said, "I'm working on it."

So, Rampage, Jardine, Evans, Bisping are all out. Babalu and Ortiz are an extreme long shot.

Of course I'm dreaming of 'lil Nog or Shogun, but since A.Silva and CC had at least one match before a shot, would he do that?

A, Silva could gain a few #s or crocop could lose a few #s. id love to see both of those matches
Manfred
2/21/07 1:51:44AM
Maybe Silva. In the same interview, Dana said he was told by CC's people that he CAN"T make 205. (Which is odd because his walkaround weight is about the same as most LHW)

Chuck will eventually move up to fight CC at HW. (sometime after the Rampage rematch)

The link for the interview is dead now. If you have a torrent downloader, you can try Here
richieb19
2/21/07 2:04:19AM
If Lambert pulls an upset over Babalu, he should have a shot.
OB_Juan
2/21/07 2:37:11AM

Posted by richieb19

Lambert got pwnt by Rashad in his last fight.
OB_Juan
2/21/07 2:38:59AM

Posted by Manfred

Hopefully we get an announcement after this weekend or more likely at UFC 68.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/21/07 9:49:30AM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

if Forrest would of won he would of earned a shot against Liddell more than Jardine has now....Forrest at least proved himself by losing a close desicion to a Top LHW like Tito..

right now i think Diego sanchez deserves to be next to fight for the WW title......so you are saying is if Koscheck beats Diego for some reason, Koscheck has earned a shot at the title?
HELL NO!!!

thats not how things work

Right now i think its Rampage who is #1 contender in my eyes....but if dana says they will need 1 more fight before they fight eachother,then yes...i say Jardine should get the shot,if not Wandy
mmadb
2/21/07 10:38:20AM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

Does that mean if Lambert beats Babalu Evans will finally get some credit?
JunCTion
2/21/07 12:34:05PM

Posted by richieb19

thats just a comment, youre not serious?

because of the babalu-tito issue it should be rampage, jardine,evans for now. if rampage were to win i think that would push babalu and tito to the top. however it works out if rashad and jardine winn a couple more fights thay should be taken serious ly by all of us (and they will have to fight eachother-dana wont have another friend avoiding friend issue-good money would help sway them)

IMO chuck,rampage,babalu,tito,jardine,evans,griffin,(maybe bonnar when he comes back) should not get any more nonames thrown their way. a lot of fights (I's,II's&III's) could happen between these guys for a couple of years now. Obviously any pride guy dana signs or if someone else rises fast they could be thrown into the mix. am i wrong?
a1strait
2/21/07 1:58:06PM
I believe that Jardine should get the shot just because Rampage should have one more fight before he faces Liddell.
hathcock32
2/21/07 3:01:43PM
I think all the TUF guys are pretty equal in talent as of now....and any of them agianst each other would be a good match. Keith looked like a beast agianst Forrest...that was a brutal pounding....hard for me to watch i really like forrest....i think he will be back in title contention soon after he gets a few more wins....Keith Jardine is not a bad loss. I believe Keith deserves the title shot becuase Forrest is a beast and he KO him in the 1rd.
OB_Juan
2/21/07 3:13:13PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

if Forrest would of won he would of earned a shot against Liddell more than Jardine has now....Forrest at least proved himself by losing a close desicion to a Top LHW like Tito..

right now i think Diego sanchez deserves to be next to fight for the WW title......so you are saying is if Koscheck beats Diego for some reason, Koscheck has earned a shot at the title?
HELL NO!!!

thats not how things work

Right now i think its Rampage who is #1 contender in my eyes....but if dana says they will need 1 more fight before they fight eachother,then yes...i say Jardine should get the shot,if not Wandy

So let me get this straight. Forrest deserves credit for losing to Tito MORE than Jardine deserves for KOing Forrest? That makes a lot of sense.

And I would say yes, if Kos beats Diego he becomes the #1 contender. Right now Diego is essentially ranked third in the UFC's WW div behind GSP and Hughes. If Kos were to beat a person ranked that high it will statistically be more valuable than any other win in the div since GSP pwnd Matt. Who would have proven there merit more than that? IMO Fitch is probably a better fighter than Kos but he wouldn't have had any high profile wins near what Kos would have if he were to beat Diego.
OB_Juan
2/21/07 3:15:48PM

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

Not according to Trapt1nw0nder's logic. See above example of Tito/Forrest/Jardine.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/21/07 3:19:39PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by mmadb

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by richieb19

Not according to Trapt1nw0nder's logic. See above example of Tito/Forrest/Jardine.

NO Lambert would not be #1 contender if he somehow pulls off the upset!!!

are you guys serious??

....then again..how can i take someone seriously when he thinks Jardine beats Forrest 100% of the time..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5