Who deserves to be cut by the UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who deserves to be cut by the UFC?
Next Page »
ricoj3323
4/28/08 1:49:30PM
with all the cuts the ufc is making here are some fighters who deserve to be cut:
Kendall Grove, rob emerson, kyle bradley, david Bielkheden, james lee, justin McCully, Keita Nakamura, Rob Yundt , joe Doerksen, per Eklund , jess Liaudin, Kuniyoshi Hironaka, Dennis Siver ,maybe pete sell, maybe houston Alexander if he doesnt snap his losing streak

well thats my opinion on fighters who are very cold right now who should be cut

so who do you think should be cut?
seanfu
4/28/08 1:56:32PM

Posted by ricoj3323

with all the cuts the ufc is making here are some fighters who deserve to be cut:
Kendall Grove, rob emerson, kyle bradley, david Bielkheden, james lee, justin McCully, Keita Nakamura, Rob Yundt , joe Doerksen, per Eklund , jess Liaudin, Kuniyoshi Hironaka, Dennis Siver ,maybe pete sell, maybe houston Alexander if he doesnt snap his losing streak

Dude I could not disaggree more. A few of these names being on this list are rediculus.

David Bielkheden vs Fitch was not a fight that I saw but if th result was any indicator he could be the next big thing.

Grove is on a down streak but is a middleweight and the UFC needs all the decent level middleweights they can get. there were about three others that at least deserve a shot to stay. Not to hate on your list but I do disagree.

EDIT- Actually I have been corrected Wilson fought fitch. My bad. But a lot of these cuts are still premature to me.
ricoj3323
4/28/08 1:58:53PM
chris wilson fought fitch and David Bielkheden fought sanchez
seanfu
4/28/08 2:00:48PM
That's my bad, I apoligize.
babytater03
4/28/08 2:30:30PM

Posted by ricoj3323

Emerson gets one more fight, and if he doesn't REALLLLLLY impress he should take a walk. as much as i love to watch the guy fight.

I thought that Hironaka already got his walking papers?

Liaudin and Siver i do agree with though.
Ben_Hutch
4/28/08 2:41:44PM
Why do you people think Liaudin should be cut?

He is 2-1 in the UFC and only lost to a guy who's on an 11 fight win streak - Marcus Davis
Twenty20Dollars
4/28/08 2:55:22PM
i have to disagree, some of these guys have only fought like once or a couple times and they shouldnt get cut unless they loose their next 2 to 3 fights.

Only person I would cut on that list is Joe D.

king_katool
4/28/08 3:05:31PM
instead of cutting fighters dana should be adding more UFNs and more fights per card(he has started this i know) the lutter cut i had seen coming i mean come on he didnt make weight for his TITLE SHOT like wtf were you thinking and then he fights rich and gasses after a little roll with rich in the first, he couldnt even hold his hands up in the 2cd, nvm cut from UFC he should give up MMA(hurts me to say this i was a fan off lutter,TONS of potenial, no drive) i would like MMA one day to be like NFL,NHL,NBA etc. all the best in one sport,its the only way we get to see the best vs the best and the UFC is the biggest so w.e they get to be it(hopefully they change some shit tho), so forget cutting fighters and add some UFNs even a grand prix in japan once a year open weight, wouldnt that be something
stock
4/28/08 3:18:08PM

Nobody deserves anything but what they earn.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/28/08 3:35:13PM
I like how everybody he listed fought once and lost...you do realize that when there is a fight, there must be a winner and a looser. You can't just cut everyone that looses.
seanfu
4/28/08 4:55:43PM
Instead of cuts the WEC is always an option. The guys would be at a better level to produce more competition and make the WEC a little or possibly a lot stronger.
Pookie
4/28/08 5:06:51PM

Posted by ricoj3323

You do know that Lee threw his back out in his fight with sakara, since when does suffering a debilitating injury and losing worthy of getting you cut, if so get rid of shogun too.

Alot of fighters there had one fight... cutting a fighter after his first fight is ridiculous.

Someone already touched on Liaudin...

You do know Dennis Siver pushed Gray Maynard harder than Frankie Edgar did, what has he done to be cut?
Jackelope
4/28/08 5:54:10PM
Yeah I totally disagree with cuts besides in the case of Babalu, Lutter and Starnes. I think Babalu was a huge loss for the UFC, but there was a point behind it. You make the game more dangerous than it has to be, and you will be cut for safety's sake, and the image of the sport's sake.

With Lutter- you can have all the potential in the world, but if you don't train to win and fight on the level of a champion, then you will be cut. There are no slackers allowed.

Starnes- 'nuff said. Really, if you earn a spot on the main card and put the fans through 15 minutes of pure agony, you deserve no spot in the UFC. Tim Sylvia may fight boring in a lot of people's eyes, but at least he FIGHTS.

These other guys have put it on the line, and have lost. The point is that they DID put it on the line, though. Sometimes a fighter becomes that much better because of his losses (See BJ Penn, GSP, Forrest Griffin, Quinton Jackson for examples) I say give these guys time to grow.
Jipper
4/28/08 6:22:55PM
Kendall Grove - TUF winner, Big Draw, Vastly improved thou he's no top contender he's stil young.
Rob Emerson - Just beat Kieta Nakamura which ups his stock dramatically. Good fight too.
Kyle Bradley - Took the Lytle fight on short notice which means he deserves another fight to prove himself.
David Bielkheden - Was given a "TUF"f opponent his 1st time out. Deserves a couple of fights.
James Lee - A 185er, even if his loses his next fight he could drop to MW and given a shot.
Justin McCully - Can't recommend the UFC drop any HW's as they have none but if they ever build a HW roster McCully's 1st to go. Especially now that buddy Tito's leaving.
Keita Nakamura - Tough loss against Emerson. I'd like to see him get another shot but understand if he didn't.
Rob Yundt - Fought Almeida on very short notice earning himself another fight to prove himself.
Joe Doerksen - Always a legit contender. Not moving up any ranks but would be a good gatekeeper for new MW's coming into the UFC if they want to keep him.
Per Eklund - Don't see much of a reason to keep him.
Jess Liaudin - It's unproven how good Marcus Davis (his only UFC loss) is. No reason to drop him just yet.
Kuniyoshi Hironaka - Another Japanese fighter who's failed to preform in the UFC. He shouldn't have lost the UFC fights he's lost. BOOT!
Dennis Siver - UFC was looking to sign German fighters for whatever reason. I see no reason to keep him.
Pete Sell - Just dropped to WW. Let's see how he does 1st. Always exciting even in losses.
Houston Alexander-Exciting fighter who's proven he can win any fight with one punch. The kind of guy you keep around.

Cut- Eklund, Hironaka, Siver

1 fight chance-Yundt, Nakamura, Bradley
prozacnation1978
4/28/08 6:25:46PM
i honestly think the ufc should give these guys three fight deals with the first fight being against another new guy like velasquez and morris. why throw them to the sharks, wilson vs fitch come on he should have fought someone less. but i wish they would give these guys like james lee and others one more shot.
Jipper
4/28/08 6:31:38PM

Posted by Jackelope

Yeah I totally disagree with cuts besides in the case of Babalu, Lutter and Starnes. I think Babalu was a huge loss for the UFC, but there was a point behind it. You make the game more dangerous than it has to be, and you will be cut for safety's sake, and the image of the sport's sake.

With Lutter- you can have all the potential in the world, but if you don't train to win and fight on the level of a champion, then you will be cut. There are no slackers allowed.

Starnes- 'nuff said. Really, if you earn a spot on the main card and put the fans through 15 minutes of pure agony, you deserve no spot in the UFC. Tim Sylvia may fight boring in a lot of people's eyes, but at least he FIGHTS.

These other guys have put it on the line, and have lost. The point is that they DID put it on the line, though. Sometimes a fighter becomes that much better because of his losses (See BJ Penn, GSP, Forrest Griffin, Quinton Jackson for examples) I say give these guys time to grow.

100% agree.
Lutter is a fairly high ranked guy with potential to go higher but he's too old and experienced to not make weight for a title fight then follow that up by gasing in a fight that probably would have given him another title fight if he'd won. At his age that was a chance to step up to the next level instead he blew it. Why should the UFC keep him if he can't handle being a top fighter?

Starnes should've fought or not. You don't run in a MMA fight.

Babalu should've been severly penalized. Thought the UFC was a little tough but can't disagree with them.
Copenhagen
4/28/08 7:03:03PM
Melvin Guillard.
EON
4/28/08 7:07:07PM
Grove... (if he loses to Tanner he'll be the first TUF winner to be cut)
Lutter...(hes gone)
Starnes...(hes gone)
Keita Nakamura... (hes gone)
Doerksen... (hes gone)
Hironaka... (hes gone)
Siver or Guillard... (whoever loses)
Soko or Nakamura... (whoever loses)
Lesner or Coleman... (whoever loses)
Lytle... (if he loses to Koscheck)
Liaudin... (if he loses to Taylor again)
Eastman... (if he loses to Drew)
Salavery... (if he loses to Palhares)
Emerson... (if he loses again, i say cut the gangbeater now)
Pete Sell... (if he loses again)
Houston... (if he loses again)
Rollins... (if he loses again)
Jason Tan... (if he loses again)
Bucholz... (if he loses again)
Sakara... (if he loses again)
Chonan... (if he loses again)
Matt Arroyo... (does he even fight.....)
Eklund... (if he loses again and or gone)
Rob Yundt... (if he loses again and or gone)
K. Bradley... (if he loses again and or gone)
Bielkheden... (if he loses again and or gone)
Cummo... (if he loses again and or gone)
Nate Mohr... (if he loses again and or gone)
Alvin Robinson... (if he loses again and or gone )

James Lee, a really good fighter and you dont get a 25-3 record for nothing (25-4 after the injury) He would have easily beaten Sakara if he had not blown out his back and would still be fighting now, when he gets healthy again he'll get a shot at a David Heath or a Eric Schafer and if he loses again then hes gone.
Jipper
4/29/08 11:03:23AM
Can't Agree at all with
Grove... He should lose to Tanner
Lytle... Ranked fighter, no reason to cut him
Pete Sell... Just dropped weight divisions, Exciting fighter W or L
Houston... Exciting fighter W or L
Sakara... Just dropped weight divisions, Exciting fighter W or L
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/29/08 4:29:14PM
They arent going to cut Lesnar or Coleman.

Look, Lutter has the talent of a champion, but not the cardiovascular vessel necessary to carry him on a MW level. Give him one more shot at LHW...if he wins he stays, if he looses a competetive match that last longer than seven minutes, then give him another shot at 205...if he looses that one then cut.
Tein_Lung
4/29/08 5:49:24PM
I don't see Lytle ever getting totaly cut from the UFC... he is pretty much the most solid gatekeeper in the UFC... hes a very hard fight for anyone.. hes just a striker in a wrestlers weight class... so he always had to fight outside his element. Personaly i think he will always be in the bottom half of the top 10 until he stops fighting. He will beat Kos simply because thinks hes so much better he will try to stand and get KTFO.
EON
4/29/08 5:53:59PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

They arent going to cut Lesnar or Coleman.

Sorry to say it but records matter, if coleman loses do you think he wants to come back unless its a can? and if lesner loses hes 1-2 do you really think dana will bring him back despite the revenue he brings in?

I hope the UFC dosnt turn into a 3 ring circus bringing in fighters like Tank with 50/50 records or more losses than wins just because there popular (oops too late)
ricoj3323
4/30/08 11:52:57AM
joe Doerksen just got cut , which is no surprise hes on a 3-fight losing streak
woodmo
4/30/08 1:12:59PM
Ed Herman. Let him hone his skills elsewhere and make a return ti the UFC in a year or two.
ToeZup
4/30/08 3:21:07PM

Posted by ricoj3323

joe Doerksen just got cut , which is no surprise hes on a 3-fight losing streak

Beat me to it. I was just going to mention that.
I'm sure who ever looses the Marvin Eastman Vs. Drew McFedries fight will get the axe. I would hate to see either of them go but they are both right on the edge and i'm sure that's why Joe set this fight up.
lance70301
4/30/08 3:31:55PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Melvin Guillard.

I 2nd that motion. Melvin is a sore spot for the UFC. He has a mediocure record and has terrible sportsmanship.
pv3Hpv3p
4/30/08 5:12:14PM
I don't want this to come off as fighter bashing... But I would have to say Jorge Gurgel... I just can't stand the guy, and his fights seem to be either lopsided losses or dull decisions... I assume he's a great JJ instructor, but just doesn't seem to be cut out for fighting int he UFC
GrandMaster313
4/30/08 6:13:10PM
you shouldn't put fighters in this category who only fought 1 time in the ufc!

what about marvin eastman , someone who gets beat bad quite often
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/1/08 1:56:51PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

you shouldn't put fighters in this category who only fought 1 time in the ufc!

what about marvin eastman , someone who gets beat bad quite often

Look who Marvin has fought. He won his last fight against Terry Martin. I know he lost to Lutter but that was close to 4 years ago. Other than that he's lost to Page and Belfort. I'm not saying that I think Marvin can make a run at the MW title, but I think he shouldn't be cut before others :cough:Danny Abbadi:cough:Pete Sell:cough
iwannabesedated
5/1/08 2:59:50PM
Josh Burkman-If he loses
Alberto Crane-May be gone already im not sure
Emerson-If he loses

Pages: [1] 2