Dennis Kang anyone?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dennis Kang anyone?
bayonetxwork
6/3/07 4:49:33PM
I remember Goldie/Rogan mentioned something about him at the previous UFC, but does anyone know whats up with him? Is he still under contract with DSE? Plans on coming to the UFC, etc?
hughesfan1
6/3/07 5:07:16PM
Yeah, I'd love to know to. Love to see Kang in UFC soon !
hippysmacker
6/3/07 5:22:48PM
I doubt Rogan would have been commenting on him, and how great he was, if he wasn't on the way. I knopw he is on the same team as Gouvea, and I think I remeber him being in his corner.Love to see him and Anderson throw down.
johny_rotten
6/3/07 7:18:54PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I doubt Rogan would have been commenting on him, and how great he was, if he wasn't on the way. I knopw he is on the same team as Gouvea, and I think I remeber him being in his corner.Love to see him and Anderson throw down.

Yes he was in Wilson's corner, and Joe noticed him. Joe is just a hard core fan, and was introduceing him to people that might not know him. I wouldn't read more in to it than that. That doesn't mean he won't come to the UFC, but I don't think Joe was talking from inside info. Kang also has been a corner man, and provided pre-fight commentary for Bodog.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/3/07 7:47:27PM
Denis Kang would be great in UFC I hope he does come I would love to see Kang vs Okami!
bayonetxwork
6/3/07 9:57:03PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Yes he was in Wilson's corner, and Joe noticed him. Joe is just a hard core fan, and was introduceing him to people that might not know him. I wouldn't read more in to it than that. That doesn't mean he won't come to the UFC, but I don't think Joe was talking from inside info. Kang also has been a corner man, and provided pre-fight commentary for Bodog.

Yeah I didn't think it would be anymore than that either. But I mean, it seems inevitable that he will be one day in the UFC. At the rate Zuffa is going, Pride is going to be like WEC is to them. I'd love to see DK against nearly anyone in the UFC upper brackets. I'd still probably throw him into the top 5 at MW.

DevMahon
6/5/07 2:19:43AM
I'd imagine that the UFC is trying very hard to get an upper echelon MW from Pride over to the UFC and Kang seems like a natural choice. He's exciting, personable, skilled. He could be a huge star in a weight class that needs huge stars. I mean, the gap between the best of the UFC 185 (Silva, Franklin, Okami, Marquardt) and everyone else is pretty ridiculous. Though, they might be helped by the return of Evan Tanner, if he isn't completely insane (who knows at this point).