Demetrious Johnson needs surgery following injury suffered in UFC on FX 3 win over Ian McCall

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Demetrious Johnson needs surgery following injury suffered in UFC on FX 3 win over Ian McCall
sparky
6/12/12 3:06:02PM
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Flyweight title contender Demetrius Johnson is going under the knife.

"Mighty Mouse," who slugged and tugged his way past Ian McCall at last weekend's (June 8, 2012) UFC on FX 3 event in Sunrise, Florida, suffered a hernia in his win over "Uncle Creepy" and needs to have it surgically repaired.

Link
pmoney
6/12/12 3:22:35PM
Damn that's no joke. Dude breaks his leg against Torres, gets a hernia fighting McCall... didn't he break his hand recently as well?
prophecy033
6/12/12 3:34:51PM
Wow, that's the first hernia I've heard of happening during a fight
Gogoplatapus
6/12/12 3:46:55PM
Mcall vs Benevidez for the Interim Flyweight belt, right? Right?
pmoney
6/12/12 3:48:50PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

How about Dodson-Benavidez?
Dberntson
6/12/12 5:47:55PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

In a situation like this, they should have Benevidez vs. McCall fight for the title and then give Mighty Mouse the first shot at the belt when he recovers. Depending on how bad the hernia is, he could be out for awhile. No sense keeping Benevidez, nor the belt on the shelf any longer. Plus, I think McCall got hosed the first fight as the momentum was swinging in his favor and I think he would have won that 4th round. The only bad thing is if McCall wins, then there will be a third McCall / Mighty Mouse fight, but I doubt Benevidez will lose, so the third fight would be unlikely.
Gogoplatapus
6/12/12 5:56:07PM

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by Gogoplatapus

In a situation like this, they should have Benevidez vs. McCall fight for the title and then give Mighty Mouse the first shot at the belt when he recovers. Depending on how bad the hernia is, he could be out for awhile. No sense keeping Benevidez, nor the belt on the shelf any longer. Plus, I think McCall got hosed the first fight as the momentum was swinging in his favor and I think he would have won that 4th round. The only bad thing is if McCall wins, then there will be a third McCall / Mighty Mouse fight, but I doubt Benevidez will lose, so the third fight would be unlikely.

How dare you twist my joke into something completely logical.
Bubbles
6/12/12 6:28:14PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Gogoplatapus

How about Dodson-Benavidez?

I would much rather see this than MM or McCall vs JoeB
tcunningham
6/12/12 9:01:47PM
benavidez is gonna be pissed. he's been on the shelf for way to long. i know he wants to wait for the title but him vs mccall or even dodson would be a great fight to put together while MM recovers from the hernia