Delorme replaces Bedford, Dodson vs. Elliott official for UFC on FOX 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Delorme replaces Bedford, Dodson vs. Elliott official for UFC on FOX 3
BuffaloDave
4/18/12 5:21:20PM
An undisclosed injury has forced bantamweight Johnny Bedford (18-9-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) to withdraw from a scheduled matchup with Nick Denis (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at UFC on FOX 3.

In Bedford's place goes fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 14" cast member Roland Delorme (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC).

Officials today announced that switch-up and also confirmed a previously reported flyweight bout between John Dodson (12-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Tim Elliot (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who replaces Darren Uyenoyama (7-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC).

UFC on FOX 3 takes place May 5 at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J. The event's main card airs live on FOX while FUEL TV and Facebook carry the prelims.

Delorme returns to the octagon after successfully graduating from "TUF 14" with a third-round submission of Josh Ferguson at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale this past December. Although T.J. Dilashaw defeated him in the quarterfinals of the reality-show tournament, Delorme carries but one blemish on his eight-fight pro resume.

LINK
FastKnockout
4/18/12 6:10:40PM
Damnit, Bedford! I was looking forward to seeing him fight again.
Budgellism
4/18/12 6:25:59PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Me too. Very disappointing

On the bright side I see the chances of Denis getting another highlight reel knockout increasing dramatically.
FastKnockout
4/18/12 6:41:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

On the bright side I see the chances of Denis getting another highlight reel knockout increasing dramatically.

No doubt. Easy pickings now.
rush13
4/18/12 9:51:18PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

No doubt. Easy pickings now.

U guys took the words outta my mouth...I still thought Denis was gonna KO Bedford but now he's gonna murderize Delorme...just too bad they had to give him a canadian