Dellagrotte: Florian Could Run Through Huerta

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dellagrotte: Florian Could Run Through Huerta
MMAcca
7/31/08 1:53:29PM
The following quote is from an interview with Kenny Florian's trainer, Mark Dellagrotte on Sherdog.com

Sherdog.com: What’s your breakdown of Florian’s upcoming fight against Roger Huerta?

DellaGrotte: In my opinion, I think Kenny’s going to determine what type of fight he makes it. Kenny could run over Roger if he really wants to, or he could allow Roger to give Kenny a fight. I think Kenny’s ability to harness his energy and ability to control his aggression and not become emotionally attached to the fight -- like Roger likes to fight -- is going to give Kenny the technical advantage that he needs. If Roger is able to get in Kenny’s head and make him fight a sloppy, wild, Roger Huerta -style of fight, then obviously that type of fight fits Roger Huerta. Kenny knows he not only needs to use his technical abilities, but he also needs to play a very mental game with Roger … make sure Roger doesn’t take him out of the element of his technical ability and turn him into a brawler. I know Roger’s going to try to do that, and that’s what we’re going to try to avoid in this fight.

LINK
xphycorx
7/31/08 1:59:02PM
i did not know the ufc uses different size octagons. that is news to me. that's some really interesting stuff. good read.
Rabi
7/31/08 2:24:55PM
This is going to be a great fight. Kenflo tko rd 3.
Darnok
7/31/08 2:31:09PM

Posted by xphycorx

i did not know the ufc uses different size octagons. that is news to me. that's some really interesting stuff. good read.

Rabi
7/31/08 2:35:39PM
Who do you guys think is going to win and how/when.
emfleek
7/31/08 2:38:33PM

Posted by Rabi

Who do you guys think is going to win and how/when.

Regardless of the outcome, I think the fans/viewers are going to ultimately be the real winners. This fight is going to be great.
bullettdodger
7/31/08 4:36:43PM
This is going to be fireworks, I'm thinking Florian round Three KO as well, maybe a UD... Great article too!
Twenty20Dollars
7/31/08 4:36:44PM
Florian could run through huerta, but that's not going to happen. Huerta is taking this one.
Rabi
7/31/08 4:38:06PM
Cant wait for this fight.
slappywhite
7/31/08 4:40:11PM
the octogon is prolly not small enough to make any of a difference at all, but Mark thinks it does.
Rabi
7/31/08 4:54:00PM
Surely it wouldnt hinder KenFlo in this fight as he loves to fight on the ground anyway. I understand how it could hinder a standup fighter.

With the way Cote carear has gone of late and of course Lutter's has crashed if they fought again would Lutter win again?

I think if he was fit then he would.
nickcuc547
7/31/08 5:24:12PM
i think dellagrotte is dead on, roger is too sloppy, he may have more raw power and athleticism, but kenny is too technical and intelligent, he slaps on a sub in the third round.
Rabi
7/31/08 7:21:17PM
War KENFLO

Rd 3 TKO
Wolfenstein
8/1/08 1:18:27AM
Huerta doesn't even want to be a fighter. This is his launching pad. Ken Flo is more focused and he's going to teach Huerta a good ol lesson in the finer arts of ass whuppin.
NewGuy
8/1/08 3:19:39AM
I've got Huerta UD. I could see Kenny sub him if he can catch him and hold him, I don't think he will be able to though. Going to be a great fight.
Rabi
8/1/08 5:47:33AM
Possible FOTY
balack_o-bama
8/1/08 11:39:28AM

Posted by luke420187

Huerta doesn't even want to be a fighter. .

Explain please?