Delighted that we get to see a title fight in England!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Delighted that we get to see a title fight in England!
paulhauffe
6/9/07 4:31:18AM
The recent news that rampage will be fighting hendo in september in London has certainly gone a long way to make up for the pathetic 72 card. I was beginning to think the UFC might never have American standard cards over here, but i stand corrected!
MisFiT
6/9/07 4:32:17AM
He's fighting him in London?... Wow you lucky bastards I thought it was gonna end up in Cali.
PW
6/9/07 8:35:42AM
Glad to see a top notch fight on a UK card and I really hope that I can make it this time around. I was so close but so far from seeing the UFC in London and Manchester before so hopefully third times a charm.
Mastodon2
6/9/07 9:59:11AM
This is a shaft for us UK fans really, I dont want t pay £40 or whatever for a ticket, £50 for a hotel room, £40 for tickets and £20 or so on food just to go and see the event, and take time off work to boot, which will prevent me earning another £100 or so, It would be £150ish to go see thev event.

Or I could pay 10% of that to buy the PPV. Which I might well have to, since the non-US events dont seem to be free, US events we get free on Bravo TV, but we have to pay their stupid PPV prices to see the damn event now, we are getting the shaft
gspfan31
6/9/07 2:55:04PM

Posted by MisFiT

He's fighting him in London?... Wow you lucky bastards I thought it was gonna end up in Cali.

agree, it would have made so much sense to have this fight at ufc 76 in anahiem
Signal2112
6/10/07 10:23:23AM

Posted by PW

Glad to see a top notch fight on a UK card and I really hope that I can make it this time around. I was so close but so far from seeing the UFC in London and Manchester before so hopefully third times a charm.

I dunno, I thought the Arlovski vs Verdum fight has the potential to be great...
warglory
6/10/07 11:38:56AM

Posted by Mastodon2

This is a shaft for us UK fans really, I dont want t pay £40 or whatever for a ticket, £50 for a hotel room, £40 for tickets and £20 or so on food just to go and see the event, and take time off work to boot, which will prevent me earning another £100 or so, It would be £150ish to go see thev event.

Or I could pay 10% of that to buy the PPV. Which I might well have to, since the non-US events dont seem to be free, US events we get free on Bravo TV, but we have to pay their stupid PPV prices to see the damn event now, we are getting the shaft

How exactly are you getting the shaft? I am confused? You normally don't have to pay for US events?
Mastodon2
6/10/07 11:47:27AM
Nope, we get the US events free, but we will have to pay to watch non-US events, I know the UFC wants to expand into other countries, but they should keep the deal sweet with Bravo TV.
CornishMMA
6/10/07 12:18:26PM
Dude that doesnt make any sense, you are looking at it the wrong way, you should feel lucky that we get MOST events for free and only have to pay for these FEW events at just £15, the yanks HAVE to pay $40 (about £20) for every single event

Anyway they COULDNT show it live on BRAVO for free even if they wanted too cos they make their revunue from adverts and you cant mix it with ads as that would be crap, yuo are whining about nothing really imo!!!
Mastodon2
6/10/07 12:36:45PM
Bravo never shows the events live to start with, I dont see where that comes into it, Im just angry that the precedent set by Bravo is being broken.
Lord_Lenny
6/10/07 3:21:51PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Not sure i understand either, you're rambling on about the expenses when if it were somewhere else you'd have to pay for a plane ticket, and take more time off work, this is a great deal for people that actually want to go to the event.

So bravo shows it later and you get it free? And couldn't you just go to a bar and watch it free?
Mastodon2
6/10/07 3:24:32PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

So bravo shows it later and you get it free? And couldn't you just go to a bar and watch it free?

No Bar in England shows UFC
zephead
6/10/07 3:36:03PM
I live in the US and have to pay $50 do see a fight.
Mayo
6/10/07 6:31:33PM

Posted by Mastodon2

No Bar in England shows UFC

You should go to your local bar and tell them you'd like to see it... especially if you tell them you'll bring a big group of friends with you. They'll definately make up the cost after you spend all your money on beer.

Out here in Chicago, there used to be only two bars that showed it. After a few years now there are about a dozen bars that show it. The only thing the bars want to know is that there will be tons of people coming to spend money on alcohol and then they'll definitely order the payperview. Now all these bars no longer charge a cover fee to get in because they're all competing with eachother to get your beer money.

In fact in the early days the two bars ordered the payperview illegally as though they were ordering it for somebody's house -which meant it only cost them $40.
paulhauffe
6/11/07 5:40:49AM
I dont see what the problem is. I went to the one in Manchester and the experince is well worth the money. Im defo going London in Sept, and i know i wont regret the money it will cost.
Also if there was an option to get the US events live on PPv, i know id rather do that than waiting till the next day to watch it free on bravo, no sport is ever as good when you know its not live.
tomp6581
6/11/07 5:54:01AM

Posted by Mastodon2

ERR......Im from the uk too and I think it is great! Yes, it costs more but SO WHAT!!!!!!!! You get to BE THERE! UFC 70 was class.........its like going to a football match is more expensive than seeing it on tv.....but its ALOT better!

ps... "Short arms, long pockets" should be your name on here!