POLL: Who takes it?
Floyd Decision 42% (14)
Floyd K.O 12% (4)
Oscar Decision 36% (12)
Oscar K.O 6% (2)
Draw 3% (1)
Aaronno9
5/4/08 8:23:56PM
Anybody think this fight will go any different from the first? Im pretty stoked for it, i think oscar has a good chance. I dont think anybody was surprised at the dominance he showed in his recent fight, but floyds on a whole other level.

Anyways, i think oscar takes the rematch by decision. What do you think?
juanez13
5/4/08 8:32:32PM
hope he does, just to end mayweather dominance. Nothing against him, its kind of the same deal with Semmy schilt, its not that i hate him, but i want to see someone else take the GP or rise to the top.
seanfu
5/4/08 8:43:01PM
Mayweather, this time by a close but decisive win. Oscar fought the fight he needed to in the first one. It wasn't enough, the end. I am very excited but much more excited when either Judah or Catto are entered into the equation.

Oscar took hell or his planted feet and leaned posture but I think it was the best gameplan. He's not faster and his reflexes are deteriorating. When he plotted his stance it was done so he could see more clearly to land the jab and rough Mayweather up. You can't hit him from the outside throwing shots.

De La Hoya already stated he wanted to be outside and jab and box. That's all there is. Mayweather by faster ands and much faster reflexes.

Cotto and Margarito would destroy Mayweather which is why he dodged them both.

Mayweather retires 40-0 with the win, rolls on dubs.(I dislike him but that's the fact)
Aaronno9
5/4/08 8:45:18PM
Ill be pissed if floyd retires without giving cotto a shot.
juanez13
5/4/08 8:46:12PM

Posted by Aaronno9

SpiderSilva
5/4/08 10:20:21PM
he is scard of the power behind Cottos punches

Plus when de la hoya was throwing the jab in the first fight he was winning when he stoped is when he lost the fight he must stay with the jab the whole fight not go away from it
p_unit23
5/5/08 12:24:13AM
i think Mayweather will win the fight by UD. He's too dominant. When/If Cotto and Mayweather fight, i would choose Cotto forsure. If there is a good fight for Mayweather, its Cotto and i think Cotto would get the victory.
NatedawgThaM
5/5/08 2:30:10AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Don't worry man, the head of Fightfan.com a boxing site got into Floyd Mayweather's gym and picked apart the head of Roger Mayweather(Floyd's trainer). He said as long as Cotto keeps winning Floyd will fight him. Think about it, the more Cotto wins and the more publicity he gets and the more popular he gets, the bigger the fight will be! And Floyd is all about the big pay days. He's just being smart business wise. They will be paying close attention to Cotto/Margarito which most likely will happen later in the year. It will be Cotto's biggest test to date and I will be absolutely SHOCKED if Cotto comes out on top. Unlike every other fighter he's faced, Margarito can match his power and toughness and his chin is rock solid were Cotto's is still in question. They are the same type of fighter with Margarito winning all the intangibles. A VERY hard fight for Cotto. If he wins, shoot, no way Floyd will retire and not fight him!

As for your TS question. I will say Floyd Unanimous Decision this time. Forbes who is a natural super featherweight/Lightweight with little to no KO power hit Oscar just as much as any other fighter that Oscar has fought. Probably landed even more punches then Floyd. It's just he had no power behind those punches so De La Hoya was able to walk through them. Floyd on the other hand has more power. Oscar was breathing through his mouth already in the middle rounds. Not to mention he'll be chasing Floyd around even more and have to throw even more punches to out work Floyd for a decision. It will just be too much work for him and he'll fade late as always in his later fights. If he wins enough rounds early he has a good shot on the scorecards. But if he does not do enough early and does not use the jab effectively like last time, he will get beat badder. he needs to jab! the main factor in this fight besides his conditioning. I just can't see him doing it. But just like with B-Hop against Joe, I'll be rooting for him! Floyd is just too young, slick and fast,
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/5/08 11:24:34AM

Posted by Aaronno9

for real

Cotto is a beast, & no one on this site likes PBF more than me, but if he retires w/ a perfect record & doesnt give the TRUE #1 contender a shot, that'll be the biggest travesty in boxing since Don King & Mike Tyson
teddythetuna
5/5/08 12:37:02PM
Oscar by left hook ko or ud.
masodd
5/5/08 2:41:09PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Me too that would suck because cotto would destroy floyd easily but i think oscar will beat floyd this time
fullerene
5/5/08 7:38:44PM
Mayweather by decision, maybe a bit easier than the first time. De La Hoya in his prime could not dominate quick fighters like Mosely and Whitaker the way he could beat brawlers like Gatti and Chavez. The slower, older DLH can still give hell to strong guys like Mayorga and Vargas, but even the quickness of a guy like Sturm, Hopkins (more sneaky than fast) or a blown-up, older Mosely gives him problems.

The speed deficit between him and Mayweather is the greatest of any fighter he's ever faced. If he could land a left hook solid he'd probably decapitate him but he has no real chance of landing it. Mayweather never gets caught clean and DLH never catches tricky/fast fighter clean. I thought this was one of the easiest big fights to call the first time (one judge got it wrong IMO) and it is even easier to call now that we've seen it play out once exactly as it should have.
bustin_mma
5/5/08 10:55:00PM
i dont think oscar's face will hold up, i think the doc might have to stop it somwhere in the later rounds
Red-Dragon
5/7/08 4:11:41PM
PBF will look to make a statment in this fight and I see him getting the KO probably rd 9 or 10.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/7/08 5:02:32PM
I say pretty boy KO's golden boy's ass