Deepest Season of TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Deepest Season of TUF
nickcuc547
7/14/08 10:13:40PM
which season had the deepest talent pool, I have to say TUF 5, it may not have as many superstars as one or two but it gave us a lot of guys who will be in the ufc for a long time.

Diaz
Manny
Lauzon
Maynard
Wiman
Miller
Hill

I don't know what other season can boast that many guys in one division who will be ufc staples.
Diamondback2
7/14/08 10:50:06PM
i agree with season 5 for all the reasons above. i actually just bought season 1 a cpl weeks ago and season 5 a couple days ago, and season 1 is close, but 5 is producing real studs.

Diaz- Beat Kurt Pellegrino, the man who got Joe Stevenson beat by decision to get his title shot. Not only beat him but got him in such a bad triangle, he didn't even need his hands. Crazy good BJJ, insane toughness, and really lanky. Plus his last name is Diaz.....

Maynard- Beat Frankie Edgar, nuff' said

Cole Miller- Submitted Grugel (sp?) and is looking like a serious competitor.

Manny- Looking good, could be a real threat at 145.

Hill- He's a 6'4 lightweight...... That's like the Hong-Man Choi of 155. And he seems to learn quick. Give him one more year and he will be a legit threat.

Lauzon- If he can work on his back game, ca very easily be top 10 at 155.

Wiman- I got to admit, he was not a fav of mine on the show, but hes looking amazing and riding a 4 fight win streak in the UFC, cannot ignore that.

BJ Penn- Watch Penn/GSP, Penn/Hughes II/ and Penn/Pulver and you will see two different fighters. Since that BJ has gone on to win the title and defend it. His need to beat Jens Pulver was killing him, and TUF 5 gave him that shot. Penn was reborn on this show. I have a feeling if it wasn't for TUF 5 BJ would have not fixed his cardio, so i consider TUF 5 a coming out for Penn too.
MFOTHER
7/14/08 11:59:25PM
i def say five...... some serious skill has come out of that season, and it wouldnt uprise me if we saw one or more title contender/champ from it.
Twenty20Dollars
7/15/08 2:50:33AM
Gotta say 5, i mean LW goes from like nothing to the deepest division.

then you even got danzig at 155 who won tuf 6 at 170. so
Franklinfan47
7/15/08 6:44:57PM
Ya, 5 for sure.
eyeforeigneye
7/15/08 7:46:23PM
no doubt season 5, even that idiot Rob Emerson won a fight earlier this yr against Nakamura.. i mean cmon

not to mention that season 5 had three of my personal favourite fighters in Andy Wang, Monstahhhh, and the one + only Gabe Ruediger
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
7/16/08 5:34:55AM
Gabe Rudeguer, for all his faults is no slouch either...I think he would have won the show if he wasn't...uh...himself.
Diamondback2
7/17/08 11:41:39AM

Posted by eyeforeigneye

no doubt season 5, even that idiot Rob Emerson won a fight earlier this yr against Nakamura.. i mean cmon

not to mention that season 5 had three of my personal favourite fighters in Andy Wang, Monstahhhh, and the one + only Gabe Ruediger

Can't forget those morons.

"Put me in B... just put me in!"

Plus you can't forget "The Most Technical Street Fight Ever." That was really cool any way u look at it lol!

And everyone thought i was nuts for picking Emerson over Nakamura, but that worked out!

gsquat
7/17/08 12:04:29PM
5 for sure... then 2. I'm glad they're inforcing penalties for damaging the house this year. That made them all look like heathens.
Diamondback2
7/17/08 12:33:09PM
i agree. it's not like they made some simple holes in the wall that can easily be fixed with some drywall. when they tore the hand raling off the stairs it was offically overboard.

i think a little damage here or there is acceptable, but what they did was just insane.
KYGUY07
7/17/08 8:31:45PM
5 for sure those guys are all gonna be around for a long time, exceot for maybe cole miller, im not to sure about him.