Poll: What is the deepest division in UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Poll: What is the deepest division in UFC?
POLL: Poll: What is the deepest division in UFC?
Heavyweight Division 0% (0)
Light Heavyweight Division 22% (5)
Middleweight Division 0% (0)
Welterweight Division 9% (2)
Lightweight Division 70% (16)
dotaaddict
12/21/11 3:36:14AM
Every is saying that it is lightweight but if you really think of it..

Heavyweight division: Strikeforce Heaviest are coming,, and I am very sure that at least 4 UFC top 10 heavies will be wash away from the ranking after 2012.

Middleweight and Welterweight division: this division do not look that deep because GSP and Silva are dominating!! But Welterweight contains at least has 2 pound for pound contenders. While Middleweight has the loudest mouth of UFC ( Chael Sonnen ) and brazilian superstars!

Light Heavy Division: for me, the deepest division of UFC. they have 5 ex champions still fighting, the legendary potential of a champion, the chance of Silva moving up and 2 superstar potential prodigies!!

Dont mind Feather, bamtam and fly weights division. Their time will come. hehe

Pick now!!
Budgellism
12/21/11 3:42:26AM
Lightweight. There are tons of contenders in that division.
Pookie
12/21/11 3:44:37AM
Light heavy - I think there's more Elite depth at the top of that division than any other, by a mile.
Lesnar1
12/21/11 5:49:36AM

Posted by Budgellism

Lightweight. There are tons of contenders in that division.

No doubt about it, has to be Lightweight imo, Melendez, Edgar, Guillard, Ken flo, Cerrone, Guida Henderson, Maynard, Miller just to name a few.
dotaaddict
12/21/11 7:17:03AM
who are those compared to RUa, Henderson(Dan),Rampage,Griffin,Jones,Machida!!!!
Theoutlaw08
12/21/11 9:53:17AM
It was between lightweight and light heavy for me.
I went with lightweight.
So many guys in the title picture. Everyone in that division really puts on a good show.
light heavy was a close second.
FastKnockout
12/21/11 1:09:39PM
Lightweight. Each fighter can be competitive with the rest of division. Light Heavyweight is full of ex champs but heading in to 2012 there's a huge gap between the top 10 and the rest of the division.
Poor_Franklin
12/21/11 1:30:25PM
i consider deep when your #12 or #15 guy can beat the #1 or #2 guy. i dont see that at LHW so much, but i do see it at 155
cowcatcher
12/21/11 1:35:46PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i consider deep when your #12 or #15 guy can beat the #1 or #2 guy. i dont see that at LHW so much, but i do see it at 155

This is exactly the reason that LW is the deepest.
Rabi
12/21/11 6:14:28PM
I agree on LW, that by far is my favourite division.
40ouncetpkid
12/21/11 6:30:33PM
Ill go with one of the underdogs in the welterweight divison.

Gsp, fitch, kos, diego, kampman, shields, akiyama, diaz, condit, story, paulo thiago, alves, and ellenberger, macdonald, and elbersole. With the winner of condit vs diaz probably getting a title defense before gsp Its opens a wide door. And if gsp gets dethroned this divisiĆ³n will be wide open.
Poor_Franklin
12/21/11 6:42:10PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Ill go with one of the underdogs in the welterweight divison.

Gsp, fitch, kos, diego, kampman, shields, akiyama, diaz, condit, story, paulo thiago, alves, and ellenberger, macdonald, and elbersole. With the winner of condit vs diaz probably getting a title defense before gsp Its opens a wide door. And if gsp gets dethroned this divisiĆ³n will be wide open.

WW is by far deeper than LHW imo
tcunningham
12/21/11 6:56:28PM
its gotta be LW, LHW is probably 2nd but there are so many bad ass fighters at LW.
40ouncetpkid
12/21/11 7:05:39PM
^ definitely wouldnt disagree with that. For a long time the title kept changing and the number of contenders rising seemed endless but once jon jones took hold of the reigns it seems to have died down abit kinda like welterweight did for a year or so because like gsp, jones is on a totally different level then everybody else. Then you have guys like fitch, kos, and alves like shogun, hendo, rampage and machida who are not on gsp/jones level but still on a different level then everybody else so the fights at light heavyweight seem a bit more one sided. Thiago silva coming back hopefully shakes it up abit but in gsps current state WW got awhole lot better since kos and fitch arent even fighting for the interim belt and that helps alot too. Kampman has only gotten better so has ellenberger but feel he will have his hands full with diego. I think those three with kos will be scrappin for that interm title defense and who knows, if mike pierce wins or fitch/hendricks win in exciting fashion they could be in it too!
sbulldavid
12/21/11 7:58:39PM
Injuries and Jon Jones kind of wrecked the deepest division so I gotta say the light weights get the nod on overall depth.