DEEP 58/TFC 23/SF 20-combo card-Best 10 Fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » DEEP 58/TFC 23/SF 20-combo card-Best 10 Fights
Rabi
6/18/12 3:28:13PM
Any idea when this will be updated?
cowcatcher
6/18/12 3:58:49PM
Should be soon, I just let the guys know about it today. Rosa getting scratched from the fight with Wessel is what held it up.
Rabi
6/18/12 4:00:10PM
Cool, thanks mate!
Twenty20Dollars
6/18/12 4:35:46PM
That card really needs to be scrapped, I mean there are just 6 fights.
kopower
6/18/12 4:46:53PM
Let's wait until I see my score, then we can decide if it should be scrapped.
hippysmacker
6/19/12 3:26:43AM
It ended up with only 6 fights actually going off(out of 10 days before the lock date)which is below the previously stated threshold for a card that will count towards the standings. So it's scrapped.Sorry to anyone who did well on it.
BuffaloDave
6/19/12 11:39:59AM
Makes me happier that it got scrapped since I missed the event
Budgellism
6/19/12 4:33:50PM

I get it, but still,

Fights in smaller orgs get scrapped all the time. Starting the card off with more than 10 fights would be the best way to do it imo. There were a ton of fights this weekend that could have been added to this. I know Kpro has been pushing for more fights on secondary cards (and more frequent secondary cards). I agree with him.
prophecy033
6/19/12 4:50:25PM

Posted by Budgellism

I get it, but still,

Fights in smaller orgs get scrapped all the time. Starting the card off with more than 10 fights would be the best way to do it imo. There were a ton of fights this weekend that could have been added to this. I know Kpro has been pushing for more fights on secondary cards (and more frequent secondary cards). I agree with him.

For some reason the secondary always gets screwed. If its too much for you guys to handle then just drop it all together. It's not what I/We want but it makes little sense to have a half assessing secondary league that keeps getting changed. Just my opinion
pmoney
6/19/12 5:56:44PM
I never want the secondary league to go away. I joined this site because I knew I could make WEC and DREAM picks, as well as UFC picks.

I guarantee that stuff like this is one factor why picks are down. I've been waiting since Saturday night to find out either my results for the card or whether or not the card would be scrapped. Waiting days for an update only to find a card has been dropped is very frustrating. Even the wait time for primary league updates is very hit and miss. I've seen it updated almost instantly after an event, and sometimes I've seen updates take four or five hours. Maybe more.

The combo card this weekend makes no sense to me as well. We get to wager on more fights, but now i have to cram my TUF Brasil watching because I get one less day to research the fights. I may be wrong (and I'm sure ill hear that I am) but I don't think casual MMA fans will be doing fantasy MMA. If you are a hardcore fan, you should know that there are back to back events, and you have a short window to make wagers. I don't really understand who we are making concessions for.

Unless I get perma-banned or the site shuts down (god forbid either happen) I'm here to stay. I know there have been allusions made to a huge, game changing update. I sincerely hope it comes quick, as there are certainly issues that need be addressed. I hope I don't sound like a dick, I just believe this is the best MMA site around. I want to see it thrive.
cowcatcher
6/19/12 6:14:04PM
With just 6 fights on the card it would have been super crowded points wise, so it just didn't make sense to keep it guys. Believe me I would have loved to see it stay because I had a good score, but fight scratches ruin cards and they're out of our control. We probably could have had more fights on the card from the get go, but hindsight is 20/20. I don't want the secondary league to go away, and more people picking those fights would make that conversation go away completely.

Anyways, we maybe dropped the ball on this one, and Hippysmacker apologized already, so give us a pass on this one. Being perfect isn't as easy as we make it look.
pmoney
6/19/12 7:07:35PM

Posted by cowcatcher

With just 6 fights on the card it would have been super crowded points wise, so it just didn't make sense to keep it guys. Believe me I would have loved to see it stay because I had a good score, but fight scratches ruin cards and they're out of our control. We probably could have had more fights on the card from the get go, but hindsight is 20/20. I don't want the secondary league to go away, and more people picking those fights would make that conversation go away completely.

Anyways, we maybe dropped the ball on this one, and Hippysmacker apologized already, so give us a pass on this one. Being perfect isn't as easy as we make it look.

I am sure no one in this thread is trying to bash you guys! I constantly try to proclaim my love for this site and all who contribute. From DTM to Hippy to yourself CC, and all other mods, I appreciate the hell out of what you do. I personally feel very guilty for not being a premium member. This site is my Facebook, and I want to try to support it any way I can, be it monetarily or through suggestions I think may be constructive.

I can only imagine the amount of work that goes in to running this site. I don't want to blame any site problems on anyone! I simply want to offer my opinion, for what it's worth. I will whore myself out to the PG, and for the PG, for some time to come
Bubbles
6/19/12 7:07:46PM
is there any way to find out how I did, or at least the picks I made? Once the picks locked, the fight companion did not show any of the picks I made (which was like the weekend prior). I finally remembered to make picks and now I cant see how shitty I did

I think L2 needs some more promotion on this site. I routinely forget about it and dont make picks (though I am trying to make a more conscious effort to do so) and I am sure a lot of the PG is the same way, or have no idea that it exists.

I agree with Budge and Kpro in that there should be more more frequent cards and fights on them...is there a way to give either of them, or someone else, the capabilities of running L2? That way whoever inputs the fights only has to worry about the UFC events and has less on their plate.

p$ I agree with most of that, but I dont think having wagers for 147 would be fair. I for instance wont be around Friday night or Saturday before that event locks to make wages on this event...the turn around between events is too short to work with the odds and your bankroll. I'm sure many other people wont be able to log in and make bets either. Now picks on the other hand is a different story as we are able to make them like a week in advance (if not longer...dont remember when the card was announced). There is a reason why we are able to make picks 10 events in the future, but wages are an event-to-event ordeal.
Bubbles
6/19/12 7:09:08PM

Posted by pmoney
I personally feel very guilty for not being a premium member.

IIRC, you said after tax time you were going to go premium. What's taking so long? lol
pmoney
6/19/12 7:11:23PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by pmoney
I personally feel very guilty for not being a premium member.

IIRC, you said after tax time you were going to go premium. What's taking so long? lol

Dude don't even remind me about tax time! lol I got shafted by about a grand, so that kind of threw a monkey wrench in a lot of my plans
cowcatcher
6/19/12 7:13:22PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by cowcatcher

I am sure no one in this thread is trying to bash you guys! I constantly try to proclaim my love for this site and all who contribute. From DTM to Hippy to yourself CC, and all other mods, I appreciate the hell out of what you do. I personally feel very guilty for not being a premium member. This site is my Facebook, and I want to try to support it any way I can, be it monetarily or through suggestions I think may be constructive.

I can only imagine the amount of work that goes in to running this site. I don't want to blame any site problems on anyone! I simply want to offer my opinion, for what it's worth. I will whore myself out to the PG, and for the PG, for some time to come

Oh, I wasn't saying that you guys were piling on or anything, I just wanted to give the guys that posted here a response so you know we're listening.
pmoney
6/19/12 7:15:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Oh, I wasn't saying that you guys were piling on or anything, I just wanted to give the guys that posted here a response so you know we're listening.

That's the kind of consideration that drew me towards this site in the first place!
cowcatcher
6/19/12 7:17:08PM

Posted by Bubbles

is there any way to find out how I did, or at least the picks I made? Once the picks locked, the fight companion did not show any of the picks I made (which was like the weekend prior). I finally remembered to make picks and now I cant see how shitty I did

Unfortunately you can't now that it's been deleted. We basically need to use that Men in Black pen on ourselves and forget it ever existed.
prophecy033
6/19/12 7:23:35PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Unfortunately you can't now that it's been deleted. We basically need to use that Men in Black pen on ourselves and forget it ever existed.

could use that pen after a few of the one night stands I've had while wasted
cowcatcher
6/19/12 7:26:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

could use that pen after a few of the one night stands I've had while wasted

You and me both buddy. It's always the worst when your buddies are there beforehand and can remind you exactly what you went home with.

Now that you brought it up those memories are fresh in my head again.
Budgellism
6/19/12 7:29:15PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I understand what you're saying cowcatcher. I completely understand a 6 fight card being scratched. My issue is more with how the secondary league is being promoted and the lack of attention it seems to get from not only Playground members but the guys behind the scene as well (This is not a knock against anyone involved with it, more so suggestions/me expressing my opinions).

There are usually a minimum of 15 mma events going on every single weekend. Most of which feature well known fighters. For example, Tim Sylvia fought this weekend, so did Bob Sapp, Rich Clementi, Rafael Dias, Trevor Smith, Sam Alvey, Sevak Magakian, Krazy Horse, Joe Doerksen, Sergio Pettis and many others. Starting cards off with at least 12-15 fights will assure this doesn't happen again. No one can control all the injuries, but it is possible to find ways around them when they happen.

As far as the promotion of it goes, it's a tab crammed between videos and info. I've seen people post that they had no idea it even existed months after becoming members. The only way to get more people into it is to make it more visible to the average person that uses this site. I know there are changes coming and they could very well involve improvements to the 2nd league but the way things are going right now, I don't see a very positive future for it.

You know I appreciate everything hippy/others do to make the secondary league work.
Budgellism
6/19/12 7:30:59PM
lol, that took me way too long to type clearly. I was grilling up some steaks and that kept the majority of my attention
Bubbles
6/19/12 8:19:26PM

Posted by Budgellism

lol, that took me way too long to type clearly. I was grilling up some steaks and that kept the majority of my attention

grilling steaks or brewing bowls?
Budgellism
6/19/12 9:06:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

grilling steaks or brewing bowls?

A bit of both
cowcatcher
6/19/12 11:52:02PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by cowcatcher

I understand what you're saying cowcatcher. I completely understand a 6 fight card being scratched. My issue is more with how the secondary league is being promoted and the lack of attention it seems to get from not only Playground members but the guys behind the scene as well (This is not a knock against anyone involved with it, more so suggestions/me expressing my opinions).

There are usually a minimum of 15 mma events going on every single weekend. Most of which feature well known fighters. For example, Tim Sylvia fought this weekend, so did Bob Sapp, Rich Clementi, Rafael Dias, Trevor Smith, Sam Alvey, Sevak Magakian, Krazy Horse, Joe Doerksen, Sergio Pettis and many others. Starting cards off with at least 12-15 fights will assure this doesn't happen again. No one can control all the injuries, but it is possible to find ways around them when they happen.

As far as the promotion of it goes, it's a tab crammed between videos and info. I've seen people post that they had no idea it even existed months after becoming members. The only way to get more people into it is to make it more visible to the average person that uses this site. I know there are changes coming and they could very well involve improvements to the 2nd league but the way things are going right now, I don't see a very positive future for it.

You know I appreciate everything hippy/others do to make the secondary league work.

I'm just going to address one part of this in particular. There were a lot of known fighters at it this weekend, but they were either in mismatches which they should win, or in one case, it was a guy that's become the best in the business at taking dives. It's pointless to put Timmy against some schlub in the secondary league, because Timmy is basically there to get a win in front of his home state fans. If we are going to put fights in L2 they have to be somewhat competitive, or small show headliners between two known commodities.

Believe me though, I know what you're saying, and I think MMA as a whole is going through a little issue right now where people aren't as interested in all the small shows that are popping up now because there are just so many out there. I'm hoping that with the move to Spike, Bellator will garner more interest, and in turn the secondary league will pick up as well. Fingers crossed.
BuffaloDave
6/21/12 10:18:33AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm just going to address one part of this in particular. There were a lot of known fighters at it this weekend, but they were either in mismatches which they should win, or in one case, it was a guy that's become the best in the business at taking dives. It's pointless to put Timmy against some schlub in the secondary league, because Timmy is basically there to get a win in front of his home state fans. If we are going to put fights in L2 they have to be somewhat competitive, or small show headliners between two known commodities.

C'mon Randy Smith was the 5th ranked HW in all of the N. East Coast!!!! How is that not competitive?? But Fedor vs. Rizzo is
kopower
6/21/12 10:49:47PM
I completely forgot about this thread, and was constantly checking for the update. This explains why it didn't go down. Too bad, I think I did real well on the card.
LooseCannon
6/24/12 6:08:47PM
Is the 2nd event with Fedor and the Bellator card that didn't air on MTV2 going to count? I know Hale was replaced & will be scrapped, but I can't even remember the rest besides Brett Rogers & Wiuff.
Shawn91111
6/24/12 6:20:24PM
Or just promote someone to mod to just handle the secondary league. The lack of attention that it has received lately is unreal to be honest.