Decisions are killin me!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Decisions are killin me!
joshryanshepherd
7/1/08 2:37:47PM
what the hell has been goin on lately? Decisions are like the leading win style now. sure some fighters give it hell like wand and liddell, but so much fights are now resulting in decisions. im tired of that. why didn't rampage finish hendo? he could have, Anderson did, but he let the fight go for 25 minutes! And Tyson Griffin hasn't finished a fight in forever yet people think hes top shelf material? and on top of that the mo**er Fu**er gets every damn "fight of the night" award, and its bull sh**t. its starting to look like the boxing matches lately where they let it go to decisions just to have an easy win or whatever... like the lats strike force event there were 6 decisions and only 2 submissions.
MFOTHER
7/1/08 2:50:20PM
well hopefully that changes at 86, but you could see decsions from the stevenson/ tibau fight, the miller/gurgel fight, lytle/kos, or griffen/aurillo

i think the first two are more likely than the other two, but you never know.....
JimiMak
7/1/08 6:19:46PM
the #1 rule as a fighter is to never let it go to the judges. Most fighters don't intentionally go to decision. The closer the skill level in the fight, usually the longer and better the fight is and the less likely to be a finish. Then you got a guy like Machida who is happy to beat you up for the whole time and not even let you touch him, that's just a slap in the face to his opponents, and funny as hell.
Pitbull09
7/1/08 11:20:38PM
Decisions are ok unless..
-It's a wrestlers laying over the guy for all the rounds while looking for no submissions.
-Kimbo is involved in the fight
-The fight is Tanner vs. Grove or Hamil vs Bisping

Other than that, I don;t mind if each fighter can't finish each other. It means they are at a similar level in skill. To set up fights with a huge underdog just to see the other guy KO or Submit the guy in the 1st round does not interest me at all.

I loved every minute of Couture/Sylvia (except the first round after the punch that dropped him), Faber/ Pulver, and Rampage/Henderson. They all are memorable fights and must haves for any mma fans video collection.
hotrodttt
7/1/08 11:35:19PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Decisions are ok unless..
-It's a wrestlers laying over the guy for all the rounds while looking for no submissions.
-Kimbo is involved in the fight
-The fight is Tanner vs. Grove or Hamil vs Bisping

Other than that, I don;t mind if each fighter can't finish each other. It means they are at a similar level in skill. To set up fights with a huge underdog just to see the other guy KO or Submit the guy in the 1st round does not interest me at all.

I loved every minute of Couture/Sylvia (except the first round after the punch that dropped him), Faber/ Pulver, and Rampage/Henderson. They all are memorable fights and must haves for any mma fans video collection.

I would also say Fabricio Monitiero was robbed against Nick Thompson, he Won that Fight