Decade's Worst Movies

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Decade's Worst Movies
Next Page »
Rush
9/30/09 10:50:59PM
Here is the list.

Worst 100

What do you all think? I guess I should be happy that I only watched one from the whole list of 100 and yeah it sucked. What is scary, is that there appears to not be one MMA movie on that list.

kopower
9/30/09 11:17:15PM
I've only watched a few of the movies on the list and they were not good.
mrhighway9
9/30/09 11:44:01PM
i've seen three of them.all those disater,date,hero movies should be in the top ten though, those parody movies need to come to an end
KaibaThedon
10/1/09 1:42:11AM
I went through the whole list going "how is ballistic not on here" then I got to number 1 lol.

Miss March was also substantially awful, don't know how it isn't higher... same with Street Fighter: Legend of Chunners... and I love Street Fighter lol

LOL @ Good Luck Chuck... I used to have the major hots for Jessica Alba... not so much anymore... Saw this in the theatre too

How any of the Fast n Furious movies aren't on here though, is far beyond me... There are some major pieces of crap on this list that probably belong next to F&F
Doneskiis
10/1/09 5:35:23AM
come on there were like 5 movies that shouldnt be on there. the new guy was good. so was college. that movie was funny as hell.
DCRage
10/1/09 6:36:50AM
I've probably seen 10 of those at most and heard of maybe 30. Of course I love the parody films but won't argue too much with SF: Legend Of Chun-Li being there. That was a disappointment even with low expectations. At least get a Chinese girl to play a Chinese character!
Khaos
10/1/09 6:43:39AM
I'm kinda sad that One Missed Call wasn't ranked number one, by he two is still an appropriate rank.
Rush
10/1/09 7:29:42AM

Posted by DCRage

I've probably seen 10 of those at most and heard of maybe 30. Of course I love the parody films but won't argue too much with SF: Legend Of Chun-Li being there. That was a disappointment even with low expectations. At least get a Chinese girl to play a Chinese character!

LOL

At first I thought maybe the actress was Korean or something, but I looked it up and she is half Chinese and halt white (Dutch). lol That is pretty sad.

Though I have seen movies where Chinese are playing Inuit. I also have (and like) a movie where a Korean guy, that speaks perfect Korean on the film, plays a character that claims he can't understand Korean because he is Japanese. lol The funny part is that it's actually made a big deal of on the movie.

I know statge is supposed to be colour blind, but I think movies need to take race into consideration most of the time. It makes me wonder how much better Kung Fu the Legend would have been if Bruce was in it.
The_Metal_Maniac
10/1/09 7:42:42AM
I've seen a countless amount of movies over the years. Yet there remains only one movie so horrible it caused me to leave the theater, and that was Alone in the Dark. Pooty Tang was equally as bad but fortunately I did not waste my money on a ticket to see that movie. There was a good bit of movies on the list that I liked though. Overall a pretty good list.
emfleek
10/1/09 8:28:32AM
I've seen 2 movies on that list. Good Luck Chuck and The New Guy. Both were bad, but I'm sure there were worse movies.

I can think of two movies that stick out as the worst movies I've ever seen. One was horrible, the other made me want to punch the director and anyone who thought it was funny.

Horrible = The Brady Bunch Movie
Punch-worthy = Freddy Got Fingered

I still get pissed every time I see Tom Green, who's not even funny OFF the big screen.
The_Metal_Maniac
10/1/09 9:52:25AM
I'm not sure if this was on the list, but the worst movie I have ever seen was The Caveman's Valentine. The movie stared Samuel L. Jackson, and it made me want to pull my eyes out.
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/1/09 12:32:50PM

Posted by mrhighway9

those parody movies need to come to an end

Those movies stopped being funny after scary movie 2. I can't believe they make enough money out of these films in order to keep producing them!
As for the list: I tried to watch 'Envy' but couldn't. What a load of S**t! I thought it might have been funny considering it had both Jack Black and Ben Stiller but there didn't seem to be any jokes at all. The story was so weak I had to turn it off.
Wallass
10/1/09 2:25:52PM
Envy definitely deserves to be on this as it sucks badly. Kind of sad cause I expected better from Ben Stiller and Jack Black. Neither Down To You or Serving Sarah were great but they don't deserve to be on this list, Good Luck Chuck, My Baby's Daddy and Strange Wilderness definitely do though and DUECES WILD? WTF? This is a great flick!
jae_1833
10/1/09 2:27:03PM
The only thing I disagree with is the fact that they even put little kids movies on there. If it's a cartoon it shouldn't count because you have to look at it's prospective audience. What totally sucks to me is heaven for my 6 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy. Everything else was aimed at adults with little imagination, short attention spans, and extremely simple minds. I hated every movie I saw on that list and considering that I was deployed on a boat for 7 months I saw probably 75% of them. I wish I would have hibernated instead!
Rush
10/1/09 3:24:38PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Those movies stopped being funny after scary movie 2. I can't believe they make enough money out of these films in order to keep producing them!

What I think is sad is that there are very few movies out there that don't turn a profit. I bet if the risk of not turning a profit increases, then we'll see fewer crap films produced.
mrsmiley
10/1/09 6:45:37PM
I didn't agree with Godsend being on their.

I actually didn't agree with the Legend Of Chun Li and House of the dead being on their either.

Yes it was a bad movie,but I think their is a fine art to being "cheesy" yet entertaining and I thought that was one of those movies.
I don't think everyone can create those type of cheesy movies and get away with it like that.
Sinister
10/1/09 8:07:32PM
Only one I was a little surpised by was Envy. It wasnt good but top 100 of the century is a pretty big burn.

I'm so glad they put the whole series of Epic, Distaster, and Date movie on there. Also National Lampoons crap got put on there.

Interesting list that I can;t really argue with.
Sinister
10/1/09 8:08:50PM

Posted by mrsmiley
Yes it was a bad movie,but I think their is a fine art to being "cheesy" yet entertaining and I thought that was one of those movies.
I don't think everyone can create those type of cheesy movies and get away with it like that.

So true. My example would be cabin fever. Comletely cheesy but entertaining. Also, any over the top action flick could be a good example too.
breakdown5
10/1/09 9:19:54PM
Haven't seen any of the films on this list. I guess I can spot 'em coming.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/1/09 9:55:49PM
I'd add Torque to the list
Sinister
10/2/09 12:28:16AM
I forgot to mention also how "Jumper" def belongs on this list. It is prob the second worst movie I ever saw.
Playground_Samurai
10/2/09 10:15:18AM
My only question is, where is "The Grudge"?
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/2/09 10:22:28AM

Posted by gspfan

good call, awfully horribly boring movie
emfleek
10/2/09 10:23:34AM

Posted by gspfan

...and the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.
FlashyG
10/2/09 1:16:42PM
Transporter 2.

I'm not sure whats more laugh worthy, the fist fight on a plane as it crashes into the ocean, or a guy shooting down a helicopter from miles away with the same uzi which was unable to penentrate a wooden door just seconds earlier.

Theres a lot of horrible movies that deserved to be on that list.
AchillesHeel
10/2/09 1:59:14PM
My own 10 Worst Films of the Decade, films for which 1 star was too generous, but it's the lowest rating Netflix allows...

"Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever"
"Behind Enemy Lines"
"The Breed"
"Dungeons and Dragons"
"Enough"
"Ladder 49"
"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"
"The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor"
"Stealth"
"Undisputed"
FlashyG
10/2/09 2:30:35PM
The Talented Mr. Ripley,
Lost in Translation,
Insomnia
Crossroads
I know who killed me - Or anything else starring Lindsay Lohan.
The Love Guru
August.
I now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry.
Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo.
Bewitched.
One Hour Photo

emfleek
10/2/09 2:54:25PM

Posted by FlashyG

The Talented Mr. Ripley,

WOW. I love the Talented Mr. Ripley.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman (the true "Hoff) was epic in this movie. As was Matt Damon *and* Jude Law. Wow...it almost hurts my feelings to know someone despises this movie.

AchillesHeel
10/2/09 2:57:26PM

Posted by FlashyG

The Talented Mr. Ripley,
Lost in Translation,
Insomnia

I haven't seen the rest of the movies on your list, but I liked all three of these (I'm not sure if you mean the original "Insomnia" or the remake, but either way...).
cowcatcher
10/2/09 2:57:55PM
i dont know if sky captain and the world of tomorrow was from this decade or the last, but that is hands down the worst movie ive ever seen. i was hoping and praying for the entire cast to be killed off somehow at the end to ensure there wouldnt be a sequel.
Pages: [1] 2