The death of Shawn Taylor

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The death of Shawn Taylor
hippysmacker
11/27/07 6:44:17AM
How incredibly sad. The guy gets his life turned around, has a child, and was having his best season. If this was just some random robbery, It just seems so random. Anyway, I hope the burglars get the death penalty when caught. His dad is a police cheif in Florida so you know the cops are all over this.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604
Violentcuv
11/27/07 7:07:16AM
It really is sad.

I had a bad feeling about this event yesterday with all the reports going on and it seemed like he never really regained consciousness after arriving at the hospital. I just hope justice is served in this case.
DCRage
11/27/07 8:01:10AM
I really don't know what to say, being a Redskins fan has made it that much tougher for me. I only found out about it within the last hour so the news must have broke after I got on the train to head to work this morning. What happens on the field this season no longer matters to me.
emfleek
11/27/07 8:55:26AM
Sad, indeed.
cowcatcher
11/27/07 1:48:42PM
its a tragedy, especially with a young child at home now. condolences to his family.
rcg916
11/27/07 2:16:50PM
Condolences to his family, a shame. RIP.
cmill21
11/27/07 3:49:37PM
Wow, he's been my favorite safety since he was at Miami. I'll miss his play. My heart goes out to his family.
Scott_Revels
11/27/07 4:30:50PM
I remember seeing a news report about him being shot yesterday, and I thought "well, good thing he didn't die", because they didn't say anything about his condition, and I figured if he didn't die on the scene of the crime then he might be able to be saved.. Seeing this now, I wish I hadn't said what I said. I really didn't know though.
babalu2720
11/27/07 5:24:46PM
As a Miami Hurricane fan I am saddened because he had such a brigt future and as a Hurricane fan I always hear " What do ya know a drug bust, suspension, criminal etc..." but this was not Sean's(it is spelled like this btw) fault at all my prayers go out to his family and friends
casey64
11/27/07 6:49:31PM
no doubt sad indeed
Pitbull09
11/27/07 8:48:10PM

Posted by hippysmacker

How incredibly sad. The guy gets his life turned around, has a child, and was having his best season. If this was just some random robbery, It just seems so random. Anyway, I hope the burglars get the death penalty when caught. His dad is a police cheif in Florida so you know the cops are all over this.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604

I still cant believe it. I heard he was in critical condition and today I didnt want to believe he was dead. WHat kind of person has the mindset to not only rob a man, but also take the mans life in the process. That theif stole something that money cant buy and deserves life or the death penalty
hippysmacker
11/28/07 3:59:47AM
memo to anyone thinking about posting in this thread. The guy just died, if you don't have anything nice or at least respectful to say. Don't post in it.
Believe-in-judo81
11/28/07 11:27:37AM
Condolences to his family, friends, fans, and teamates. What an amazing young talent, sad to see him go. Especially when he was doing so well, had his life turned around, having a new baby, the pro bowl season he was having... such a terrible shame.
stock
11/28/07 3:45:50PM

Posted by hippysmacker

memo to anyone thinking about posting in this thread. The guy just died, if you don't have anything nice or at least respectful to say. Don't post in it.

done
pv3Hpv3p
11/28/07 4:52:01PM
Pretty damn shocking... The kid was only 24, and was starting to steer his life in the right direction... It's a damn shame, RIP
zephead
11/28/07 5:37:45PM
It sucks being a Skins fan right now. I really don't care about the rest of the season.

RIP Sean
cowcatcher
11/28/07 5:42:45PM

Posted by zephead

It sucks being a Skins fan right now. I really don't care about the rest of the season.

RIP Sean

i really have to wonder how the team will react, you really cant reschedule an nfl game, and im sure none of his teammates are thinking about playing football right now. i really hope nothing bad about him comes out now, as in this was some kind of revenge for something, but where he got shot is starting to make some believe thats what this is. the fact that his 1 year old and fiancee were under the blankets in the same room in unimaginable, i feel awful for them.
11/28/07 9:56:54PM
Any time anyone dies who has a yong child it is sad, it is gonna be hard for his daughter. hopefully his family makes throgth it.
DCRage
11/29/07 9:20:02AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by zephead

RIP Sean

i really have to wonder how the team will react, you really cant reschedule an nfl game, and im sure none of his teammates are thinking about playing football right now. i really hope nothing bad about him comes out now, as in this was some kind of revenge for something, but where he got shot is starting to make some believe thats what this is. the fact that his 1 year old and fiancee were under the blankets in the same room in unimaginable, i feel awful for them.

The Skins were back at practice yesterday, I've heard that Sunday's game is still on but there might be changes next week because the Skins play Thursday. Taylor's funeral isn't set yet but I'm hearing Tuesday (typical off day for players) as a possible date. I hope the Skins will do something in Washington at a place like FedEx Field or RFK, I'd take some time off work to attend. As far as revenge, I read this morning that the motive being suggested is just a random robbery and not something targeted, but obviously it's so early that it's nothing but speculation now.
zephead
11/29/07 4:56:17PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by zephead

RIP Sean

The Skins were back at practice yesterday, I've heard that Sunday's game is still on but there might be changes next week because the Skins play Thursday. Taylor's funeral isn't set yet but I'm hearing Tuesday (typical off day for players) as a possible date. I hope the Skins will do something in Washington at a place like FedEx Field or RFK, I'd take some time off work to attend. As far as revenge, I read this morning that the motive being suggested is just a random robbery and not something targeted, but obviously it's so early that it's nothing but speculation now.

From what I understand Saturday at Fed Ex Field there qill be a memorial. I'll be there

The funereal is set for Monday

RIP Sean