Death in MMA World. But not in cage

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Death in MMA World. But not in cage
zephead
2/4/07 10:56:18AM
meier
2/4/07 8:47:12PM
sad indeed
JasperRealtor
2/5/07 2:09:12AM
This is a horrible thing to happen.
AO
2/5/07 8:14:43AM
rip
madmarck
2/5/07 9:54:28AM
People are Douche bags. Shooting someone is stupid. The entire world needs to literally Calm the **** Down. Everybody goes off the head all the time over stupid things.

RIP
allevil86
2/5/07 11:25:19AM

Posted by madmarck

People are Douche bags. Shooting someone is stupid. The entire world needs to literally Calm the **** Down. Everybody goes off the head all the time over stupid things.

RIP

damn straight people are on edge constantly now a days
theKirK
2/5/07 4:06:30PM
RIP
nightmarefan
2/5/07 11:34:37PM
you need to know the whle story before you make assumptions. The person who shot him was being jumped by him and 5 or more other guys. They were stomping on his head, slamming it into a car door. He was geting jacked up, he pulled out his gun and fired and that dude got killed. The guy isnt even a fighter, he had a license for the gun, and also a concealed weapon permit. My source? I know some of the people involved.
Rampage_Soldier
2/6/07 2:33:39PM
^^^If what he says is true, then the guy was just trying to defend himself in fear of his life. I find it hard to believe that a group of guys, one of which is a MMA fighter ganged up on one man to beat him up. There are some missing details in this story...it's sad nonetheless.
nightmarefan
2/7/07 1:34:31AM
believe me man. thats what happened. i cant really speak on specifics of the story for obvious reasons, but there were lots of witnesses and the guy who shot him didnt go to jail., although his gun and vehicle were confiscated. I believe he and the guy he shot had problems in the past., but Im not too sure about that. The guy had a myspace page and he talked about a fighter he had problems with, but I visited it now, and its set to private now. There are alot of things that we havent heard yet, and im just telling you guys most of what I know. I feel sorry for the guys family, he had a wife and kids.
SICKRICK
2/7/07 9:43:43AM
RIP
nightmarefan
2/13/07 11:47:17PM
Updated Story

HERE
Rampage_Soldier
2/14/07 12:01:29AM
Excerpt from the article:
"While he was in Tucumcari promoting a cage fight, Burleson allegedly shot and killed a fellow fight promoter who had attacked him. Police initially considered the death a homicide and are still investigating. However, no charges have been filed against Burleson."

Damn...that's unfortunate. This is the last thing MMA needs right now...negative press. It seems they had a history between both of them seeing as they're both MMA promoters. Burleson and Pacheco were scheduled to fight but Pacheco backed out, Burleson talked trash about Pacheco on his myspace site and Pacheco retaliated. Pacheco should of settled it with a fight not by ganging up on Burleson bringing guys with a gun. After Pacheco got shot, his friends fired back at Burleson as they were fleeing the scene.

Thanks for the update nightmarefan.
EEKS
2/16/07 10:58:42AM
Horrible, we lost a potential mma star, my condolences to his family RIP.