Dear Miguel Torres...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dear Miguel Torres...
emfleek
8/10/09 11:17:56AM
I still have a man crush on you, bro. You'll get 'em next time!

Ordep
8/10/09 11:22:47AM
Frank Mir is going to hunt you now...

or invite you to a 3-some.
DevonFoxy
8/10/09 11:25:32AM
Yea he def. got rocked and put out but in a rematch I'd take Torres. Torres didn't respect Bowles hands and he thought he rocked Bowles attacked and got caught. I think the rematch would be a 5 round war and it could go either way but now that Torres respects Bowles power the fight would go much differently imo.

In no way am I trying to take anything away from Bowles win. He got in there and showed that he was the real deal and has the wrestling and striking to beat anyone in the 135 division. As much as I like Torres congrats to Bowles. I just hope he will be as good of a champ as Torres was for the sport. Torres always was willing to take picture and stop and talk with the fans. I know from meeting him dudes a great guy and a great champion.
ncordless
8/10/09 11:44:21AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yea he def. got rocked and put out but in a rematch I'd take Torres. Torres didn't respect Bowles hands and he thought he rocked Bowles attacked and got caught. I think the rematch would be a 5 round war and it could go either way but now that Torres respects Bowles power the fight would go much differently imo.

In no way am I trying to take anything away from Bowles win. He got in there and showed that he was the real deal and has the wrestling and striking to beat anyone in the 135 division. As much as I like Torres congrats to Bowles. I just hope he will be as good of a champ as Torres was for the sport. Torres always was willing to take picture and stop and talk with the fans. I know from meeting him dudes a great guy and a great champion.

He was always willing to pose for a picture... and he always used the same pose when he did it.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/10/09 12:01:03PM
im with ya fleek !!! I would take torres in a rematch too!!
postman
8/10/09 12:11:29PM
I think he will be fine he simply left his cobra venom at U.S. Cellular Field. Sources tell me he will be stoping by and Mr Buehrle will be returning it to him.
copcopps
8/10/09 12:42:48PM
Mullett Man's still #1
nickcuc547
8/10/09 1:48:36PM
how much of a joke was mir, bowles just pulled off a big upset and looked great doing it, he went toe to toe with miguel and he went to the ground with him, the guy is legit and a best, mir didn't say a word after the ko, which was pretty spectacular, and his demeanor totally changed when he was describing what happned, just ridiculous, give bowles some credit, the guy took out the best. They will fight again and bowles will get the mike brown treatment until the rematch comes along, that was no fluke, bowles is for real and was the better fighter.
postman
8/10/09 2:14:00PM

Posted by nickcuc547

how much of a joke was mir, bowles just pulled off a big upset and looked great doing it, he went toe to toe with miguel and he went to the ground with him, the guy is legit and a best, mir didn't say a word after the ko, which was pretty spectacular, and his demeanor totally changed when he was describing what happned, just ridiculous, give bowles some credit, the guy took out the best. They will fight again and bowles will get the mike brown treatment until the rematch comes along, that was no fluke, bowles is for real and was the better fighter.

I think Brian Bowles is like Mike Brown a great fighter and very strong for his weight. I think Torres is the better fighter and can beat Bowles but at this point didn't and thats all that matters. The next fight will be very intersting. I don't like to get into the if he would have or he should have talk so I'll leave it at I think Miguel is the more complete fighter and will win the next time they meet.
Kpro
8/10/09 2:17:38PM
I picked Bowles in this fight and I'll pick him in the rematch.

Torres' strategy is to get hit to hit the other guy.

Bowles has the power to end it.
Nightmare27
8/10/09 2:45:20PM
You may have a man crush but you sure were quick to change your avatar?!
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/10/09 2:57:17PM
If and when they fight again I will pick Torres again, as always...
what a depressing weekend for mma for myself(griffin-my favorite fighter, Florian my 3rd and Torres #6) :(
emfleek
8/10/09 3:05:35PM

Posted by Nightmare27

You may have a man crush but you sure were quick to change your avatar?!

What's your point? I always support my favorite fighters leading up to their fights. The fight is over so I changed my avatar.

Look at my Top 10 favorite fighters. Is he still there? I thought so.

If I was embarrassed or a fair weather fan, I wouldn't have started this thread.

I change my avatar all the time. Thanks.
Nightmare27
8/10/09 3:19:50PM
I never said anything about you being a fair weather fan or anything along those lines. I think that its funny that you were so quick to change it and Im entitled to think whatever I want. I highly doubt that if he would have smashed Bowles that you would have been so quick to change it. A bit touchy huh?
emfleek
8/10/09 3:26:51PM

Posted by Nightmare27

I highly doubt that if he would have smashed Bowles that you would have been so quick to change it.

...then you need to pay more attention. I do it all the time.
Nightmare27
8/10/09 3:35:09PM
Why would I want to pay more attention to you? I made an observation that I thought was funny. Thats all, if you dont like it dont respond. I never said a thing about you being a fair weather fan but you sure do come off like one.
emfleek
8/10/09 3:40:40PM

Posted by Nightmare27

Why would I want to pay more attention to you? I made an observation that I thought was funny. Thats all, if you dont like it dont respond. I never said a thing about you being a fair weather fan but you sure do come off like one.

ohnougotme
8/10/09 6:55:30PM
Bowles will repeat vs Torres.I admire a fighter who has alot of heart.But to think you are going to outbox Bowels in a phone booth,indeed he will lose again.Use that reach,stick n move,angles,to a takedown.i think thats his chance in a rematch.
slapshot
8/11/09 11:16:34AM

Posted by Nightmare27

This is how I see your argument ending.

Nightmare27
8/12/09 1:05:58AM
It was what it was and it has been squashed.
juggernautakira
8/12/09 8:03:05PM
I think the son of a bi.tch needs to get a new hair cut. Seriously, the guy didnt lose for so long, still has an amazing record, and is the full package, yet no one says that much about him.

Gotta be that haricut.
Mayhem13
8/12/09 8:48:07PM

Posted by juggernautakira

I think the son of a bi.tch needs to get a new hair cut. Seriously, the guy didnt lose for so long, still has an amazing record, and is the full package, yet no one says that much about him.

Gotta be that haricut.

Don't knock the hair!

If its good enough for Dirk Diggler, then its good enough for Brian Bowles
juggernautakira
8/14/09 8:56:04PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by juggernautakira

Gotta be that haricut.

Don't knock the hair!

If its good enough for Dirk Diggler, then its good enough for Brian Bowles

Hahhaahha! First off, i was talking about Torres's mullet. It needs to go. However, Bowles's haircut reminded me of Marky Mark's in FEAR. Hah, i said exactly that while watching the event.
Falcons84
8/28/09 10:24:36PM
In a rematch i would see Torres winning easily.