Dear Haters: Watch UFC 104 Without Audio And You Might See A Different Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dear Haters: Watch UFC 104 Without Audio And You Might See A Different Fight
« Previous Page
Sir_Karl
10/27/09 11:33:04PM
I gave 3 rounds to Rua, 1 (barely) to Machida and 1 round up for grabs. Shogun won the fight. I am a big Machida fan but he's lucky the Judges are incompetent.
I don't believe any fans were swayed by any bias from the commentators either. I am kind of shocked that Machida is actually saying that. I think Machida knows he lost that fight. That is were this nonsense is coming from.
jocksmall
10/28/09 12:51:03AM
i have only seen the fight with no audio so i have no idea what rogan was saying. but after seeing the fight i would think he was saying that machida wont be able to walk after the fight! my opinion is that the fight wasnt dominated by anyone at anytime but shogun was more aggressive and landed more strikes. shogun also landed the harder strikes. i think that machida only won one round but another was very close so possibly two rounds. i also think that shogun should have dominated the last round instead of coasting to what he thought was an easy decision. machidas legs were injured from the kicks and he wasnt moving as well as usual, this wouldve been a great time for the aggressive shogun we are used to, to resurface and finish the fight in a dominant fashion.
Manfred
10/28/09 1:15:34AM
Dear Lyoto,
Watch Fight Metric with or without audio. 82 to 42 strikes landed. 17 to 14 head shots, not just the leg kicks.

Machida won rounds 2 and 3. With 3 being very close.

Sincerely,
Me
EvenFlow
10/28/09 2:17:59AM

Posted by Afflicted

Even flow is so obviously biased. Dude get over it. It was not that one sided. I think Shogun should have won, but you can certainly make a case for either fighter. The good thing is they are going to fight again, and if Shogun is really that much better than Machida he will win no problem right?

Look who I picked first of all...besides, are you allergic to numbers? ..hmmm, whos the biased one again?

And whats with this, if he beats him again crap, does Fedor have to beat Cro Cop again to prove hes better? obviously we'll find out who'll win in the rematch but cmon dude youre trying to justify a bad decision when its not necessary.
XblacksheepX
10/28/09 11:09:51AM
I would take this fight as an perfect example for a draw and encourage judges to give 10-10 rounds, if it's so close like it was in some rounds of this fight.
BigTomZ
10/28/09 11:18:12AM
I watched the fight again online at work. I also had a few coworkers watching it with me. The fight had Japanese commentary so there was no Joe Rogan hugging Shoguns sack. None of us know Japanese.Neither of the coworkers watching with me had previously seen the fight, so they never heard Joe Rogan or any English commentary. They had an unbiased view of the fight.

Both of my coworkers said that they saw Shogun win the fight. One of them said that it was very clear to him that Shogun controlled the fight and did more damage to his opponent. The other coworker broke down his reasoning a little more. He said that while nobody dominated the fight, there is enough there to see a winner. He said that you can make the argument that Shogun won, but he doesn't see where an argument can be made for Machida.

I also still see Shogun clearly winning the fight.

So I watched again with no English commentary, and 2 people who had not seen the fight previously. We still got 3-0 for Shogun.
emfleek
10/28/09 11:21:19AM

Is there any chance that we're ever going to move on from this back-and-forth discussion?

We can all agree that it was a controversial decision. The only thing that we can do now is wait for the rematch.

30 million people may have saw Shogun win...but there were 3 people who say Machida won and at this point in time, their opinions are the only ones that count.
scpd400
10/28/09 12:35:06PM
I think Rogan sucks as a commentator. He was for shogun from the start. When he was yelling another leg kick by shogun he failed to mention the combination of punches my Machida. I counted at one point where Shogun got a kick that Rogan was harping on while Machida landed a knee, 3 strikes to the face of Shogun then a kick. All that while Shogun got 1 kick. It was a very good fight and I would have hated to have to score it. I am ready for their rematch. But I don’t think it will be January.
Giant_Ochai
10/28/09 12:40:47PM

Posted by scpd400

I think Rogan sucks as a commentator. He was for shogun from the start. When he was yelling another leg kick by shogun he failed to mention the combination of punches my Machida. I counted at one point where Shogun got a kick that Rogan was harping on while Machida landed a knee, 3 strikes to the face of Shogun then a kick. All that while Shogun got 1 kick. It was a very good fight and I would have hated to have to score it. I am ready for their rematch. But I don’t think it will be January.

Blocked punches don't count.
telnights
10/28/09 12:47:58PM
What I find funny is the way some people are acting about this.

Some blaming the UFC, some saying it was the worst decision ever and so on. It was a close fight that people wont even remember in a few years. Lets go back to Fedor vs Arona, close fight that almost everyone thought Arona won but now days you don't hear anyone even talking about it. I think everyone should stop hating and move on. We have a rematch to look forward too.
BigIP
10/28/09 3:18:24PM
I watched fight with Japanese commentary. So I didn't understand what they were saying. After each round I kept thinking this fight will be impossible to score. I also personally feel that if a fight stuffs take downs that should count for something. At the end of the fight I thought the judes would give the decsion to Rua based on his style of moving forward and Machida's style of backing up and counter striking. I did not feel Rua won the fight but I thought it was essentially a draw. And honestly I'm not looking forward to a rematch. The fight was boring...
Rush
10/28/09 3:20:37PM
I watch every fight sans audio.
CwB
10/28/09 5:48:11PM

Posted by Rush

I watch every fight sans audio.

and for the record who do you think won?

Every round was very close, we seem to all agree on this.

We all know that MMA Judging is inconsistent.

Most feel the decision went the wrong way, while some dont.

Dana White has remedied this situation as best he can by Having an Immediate REMATCH (which doesnt happen all that often)

Disscusion should be postponed until rematch is over.
-I think we have all voiced our opinions for or against
-lets stop

This is like the Pride vs UFC argument, in that, peoples opinions wont change. So this argument will never end. UNLESS we all agree to disagree

UFCmma666
10/28/09 5:52:26PM
i have watched the fight here or there in a house with a mouse in a box with a fox and no matter how i look at it shogun won that fight
Pages: 1 [2]