"Dear Don" with Don Frye

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » "Dear Don" with Don Frye
Manfred
2/12/07 2:10:32PM
Have you guys seen this? It's Don Frye's take on the "Dear Abby" thing:

Dear Don Column

Funnier if you read it in your head with his husky, deep voice.
hippysmacker
2/12/07 2:16:09PM
LOL-" Remember alcohol never hurt anyone's chances" that sound's like Frye
ffforgottenx
2/12/07 2:22:28PM
haha i saw this on ifl.tv this morning.. good stuff, don is a funny guy
madmarck
2/12/07 2:57:13PM
"Here’s what you do. Obviously, you’ve got a computer, so go on the internet and find a place that sells really nice wine. Next, print off a picture of the one the fancy bottles of wine, one of the real expensive ones. Then glue it on top of a cheap bottle. "

BAhahahahahahahah. Don Frye is Frickin awesome!
pv3Hpv3p
2/12/07 4:07:31PM
"I know, have you tried telling her about the time you and Takayama beat the hell out of each other?"

Hahahaha.. Ada boy Don...

Please come beat up Frank Shamrock
madmarck
2/12/07 7:58:18PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

"I know, have you tried telling her about the time you and Takayama beat the hell out of each other?"

Hahahaha.. Ada boy Don...

Please come beat up Frank Shamrock

Im pretty sure that is Baronis Job........ hahaha
I hope Frye beats the crap outta some coach in the IFL. Hopefully Ken shamrock will fight him again. that was a good fight.
Svartorm
2/12/07 8:20:33PM
Don Frye and Frank Shamrock are my two favorite old school fighters. Don and Quinton Jackson did color commentary during a KOTC event once, and it was better than any of the fights.
Manfred
2/13/07 1:27:45AM

Posted by Svartorm

Don Frye and Frank Shamrock are my two favorite old school fighters. Don and Quinton Jackson did color commentary during a KOTC event once, and it was better than any of the fights.

I liked Frank back in the day too. But lately his youtube antics started annoying me.
After the other night, he lost me as a fan for good. Not just because of the knees, but more because of his attitude and comments.

Suddenly Ken is the classy one.
aceprone
2/13/07 1:37:59AM
Don Frye is the meaning of "manliness." My favorite Don Frye fight is against Yoshihiro. WAR PURE WAR!
Svartorm
2/13/07 1:52:35AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Svartorm

I liked Frank back in the day too. But lately his youtube antics started annoying me.
After the other night, he lost me as a fan for good. Not just because of the knees, but more because of his attitude and comments.

Suddenly Ken is the classy one.

I still like him a lot, but I'm paticular on that sort of thing, and what people view as "cocky" I usually see as confident.

I actually can't stand Ken because not only can he never lose without it being an early stoppage or some other such crap, but I've never seen a fight where one of his students loses and he doesn't start crap over it.
hippysmacker
2/13/07 7:01:05AM

Posted by Svartorm

I agree my dream announcing team would be Rogan/Frye/Rampage. A virtual riot of comedy and knowledge. All 3 are knowledgeable , but pull no punches.
Stickan
2/13/07 7:12:21AM
Don is the man. He's a living legend, right up there with Randy Couture and Bas Rutten.
Not because he's beaten anybody special but because his wars have been awesome and that mustasch is priceless. Magnum all the way.
madmarck
2/13/07 9:12:46AM

Posted by Svartorm

I heard that. Don Frye is really a funny guy. Then add in Quintion and it jsut gets amazing. I loved wathcing that event. Was that the one where Jeremy Horn fought Vernon White for the KOTC LHW title?
Cuz i do recall Don Frye talking about his "buddy" Ken (who was coaching vernon).
mmadb
2/13/07 10:02:39AM
Don Frye is REAL MAN! I'm his new biggest fan.
roadking95th
2/13/07 2:09:05PM
If Frye, Rampage, Bas, and Rogan all hung out at my local bar, I would become an alcoholic quick. That scene would be a riot!
Svartorm
2/14/07 1:54:21AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Svartorm

I heard that. Don Frye is really a funny guy. Then add in Quintion and it jsut gets amazing. I loved wathcing that event. Was that the one where Jeremy Horn fought Vernon White for the KOTC LHW title?
Cuz i do recall Don Frye talking about his "buddy" Ken (who was coaching vernon).

Yup! It was before his rematch with Mark Coleman, and he kept busting on Coleman.

Eric Apple: "Fighters nowadays realize big muscles can't always win you a fight if you don't have the cardio to go with it."

Don Frye: "Coleman, if you're watching this, don't listen to him. Go lift some more weights."