What is the deal with Mac Danzig?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What is the deal with Mac Danzig?
nastynick13
12/27/08 4:18:51AM
Why does he have so much hate for rampage? I was reading Pros Picks: Silva vs Jackson III on sherdog and here is what Mac Danzig's prediction was:

Mac Danzig :Well, according to Quinton himself, he is actually God. So if that's true, he wins any way he wants. But in the real world, I pick Wanderlei.

LINK

Then I recalled him saying something about Rampage after the Forrest fight before Rampage... well went on a rampage.

Mac Danzig :I might be a little biased because Forrest is a good friend and training partner, but in my opinion Forrest won the fight hands down, three rounds to two. He outworked him from beginning to end, and even though not everything he threw landed, at least he fought the whole time instead of just looking for one big shot. You know, Forrest trained hard for this fight and it showed. He was training in the gym everyday, not running around with a chain around his neck, telling people he's a thug.

LINK

So I am wondering is there a reason for all this Hating?
cmill21
12/27/08 4:35:35AM
Sherdog's been known to make up quotes, but if he did say that I could see a little distain for Page.
JimiMak
12/27/08 11:47:59AM

Posted by cmill21

Sherdog's been known to make up quotes, but if he did say that I could see a little distain for Page.

Are they really? (I don't read the site much) I know pro wrestling magazines used to do that but in real sports journalism that's completely unethical.
Aaronno9
12/27/08 11:54:39AM
Those quotes are normally totally exaggerated. I wouldnt read to much into it.
Jackelope
12/27/08 12:00:11PM
Yeah, you can't ever say whether Sherdog is telling the truth or not
Twenty20Dollars
12/27/08 1:50:51PM
Not everybody can be nice. If they are true atleast he said what he really thought.
cowcatcher
12/27/08 2:03:50PM
i believe he said that stuff, the guy has the typical hippy way of thinking: "i am always right", "the things i do help the world so much and i should get credit for it", "everyone should do what i do and think like me"

i dont think he just comes off as a douche at times, i think he probably is a guy most people would be rubbed the wrong by. most quotes i hear from the guy make me think i wouldnt get along with him at all, the dude is really opinionated, which is fine, but his opinions come out in a smarmy way.
Wolfenstein
12/27/08 2:11:00PM
It isn't the first tme Mac has trashed Rampage.

It could be that Mac is just good friends with Forrest, but he's always had a big mouth.
higdon10
12/27/08 2:15:58PM
Mac is very out spoken. I wouldnt be suprised.
wiggum
12/27/08 3:14:46PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Those quotes are normally totally exaggerated. I wouldnt read to much into it.

agreed....analyzing qoutes is usually like making a mountain out of mole hill.....in one hes supporting his training partner and friend, and in the other hes supporting his training partner and friend...lets move on