'Dead' Brazilian boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral and asks for water before laying back down lifeless

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 'Dead' Brazilian boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral and asks for water before laying back down lifeless
Kpro
6/8/12 9:54:59AM
A two-year-old boy sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless, according to a Brazilian news website.
In a case that seems almost too incredible to be true, ORM claimed that Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil.
He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

The child's devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night, with the boy's body laid in an open coffin.
But an hour before his funeral was due to take place on Saturday the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said: 'Daddy, can I have some water?'.

LINK
george112
6/8/12 9:58:30AM
That's some crazy shit if that's true!

Brazilians don't use embalming fluid??
KingCmb
6/8/12 10:15:44AM
anderson had an early funeral?- "cheal_sonnen"
kopower
6/8/12 10:36:32AM

Posted by the-king

BossHog
6/8/12 10:41:36AM

Posted by the-king

If true it's good to see he is finally accepting his place and calling Chael "daddy"
Boo_Radley21
6/8/12 12:47:17PM
Kid sits up in coffin

No one puts bullet in head

They must not have heard aboutt he zombie outbreak over in Brazil
frizzzlecake
6/8/12 2:25:48PM
Wand's chin still lives!!
Bubbles
6/8/12 5:08:59PM

Posted by Kpro
He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

anyone else a little disturbed by this?
prophecy033
6/8/12 5:53:52PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Kpro

anyone else a little disturbed by this?

yeah, putting it in a plastic bag is pretty shameful imo.
KungFuMaster
6/9/12 12:06:01AM
I don't know about the boy saying he wanted some water but I have heard a few cases of this before. I think it has to do with muscle spasm - contracting and relaxing. Sort of like involuntary twitching.

I believe the official definition of death is the complete inactivity of the brain - mainly resulting for the failure of the heart. Even in what we call death, other tissues of the body are still functional such as cells and tissues i.e. muscle tissues. Of course, these cell tissues can only survive briefly after a person is officially deceased.

But yeah, very true. My mother and father have witnessed one of these occurrences before during a funeral ceremony which makes it that much more frightening.
jakewalters
6/9/12 1:17:19AM
Reminds me of that Nick Swardson bit...

LINK - Nick Swardson - My Funeral