Who is the top dawg outside the ufc?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who is the top dawg outside the ufc?
POLL: Whose the best?
Uriah Faber 15% (5)
Nick Diaz 15% (5)
Paulo Filho 30% (10)
Gilbert Melendez 12% (4)
Frank Shamrock 3% (1)
Kid yamamoto 24% (8)
TOMMYAYO05
8/16/07 7:25:45PM
Yes i know you guys will say fedor or gomi or many other guys but who out of these 6 are the top but NOT in the big dance?f(big dance being the ufc)eel free to add people too.
juanez13
8/16/07 7:29:27PM
gilbert melendez and josh barnnett, and mark hunt.....
Ultimate_fighter
8/16/07 7:44:37PM
I think Shamrock is the best, he submitted Henderson in a submission wreslting match like nothing, i think he is the best right now, then my second pick is nick diaz. But someone u needed on the poll was Mark Hunt... he is definitly the best...
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 7:55:33PM
Urija Faber the dude hasn't lost in like 3 years

and that was 2 Tyson Griffin
TOMMYAYO05
8/16/07 8:10:15PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I think Shamrock is the best, he submitted Henderson in a submission wreslting match like nothing, i think he is the best right now, then my second pick is nick diaz. But someone u needed on the poll was Mark Hunt... he is definitly the best...

true man mark hunt is good but who would i replace him 4??my picks is in order yamamoto,filho,shamrock,diaz,faber,melendez
Copenhagen
8/16/07 9:07:45PM

I can name many people who are better in their weight classes than Shamrock outside of the UFC : Barnett, Soko, Arona, Linland, Kang, Gomi, and many others are all better in their weight classes than Shamrock is in his IMO.

EDIT: I realized you probably meant best out of that list so sorry exclude my post.
DJDark41
8/16/07 9:08:00PM
Kid Yamamoto, hands down.
TOMMYAYO05
8/16/07 9:31:03PM

Posted by Copenhagen

I can name many people who are better in their weight classes than Shamrock outside of the UFC : Barnett, Soko, Arona, Linland, Kang, Gomi, and many others are all better in their weight classes than Shamrock is in his IMO.

EDIT: I realized you probably meant best out of that list so sorry exclude my post.

No its cool i said if you felt like there was someone else you can add them but saying it.its all good.
juanez13
8/16/07 9:45:41PM
ohh damn, how can i forget joachim hellboy hansen, i would love to see him in the ufc, mach sakurai too...

and of course Lil nog, i hope he comes to the ufc, and i would like to see murilo ninja rua too, i think it would be a good addition to the ufc's MW division since its one of the ufc's weakest divsion....
AmericanFighterAce
8/16/07 10:18:46PM
I said Kid, without a doubt.

But there are fighters like Jake Sheilds, Ninja Rua, Robbie Lawler, Matt Lindland, Denis Kang, Mark Hunt that are still in the pool.
SpiderSilva
8/16/07 10:55:29PM
Im going with Gil then Kid
MoJoy
8/16/07 11:02:57PM

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

But there are fighters like Jake Sheilds, Ninja Rua, Robbie Lawler, Matt Lindland, Denis Kang, Mark Hunt that are still in the pool.

Robbie Lawler, are you kidding me, he does not have a single win over a top 10 fighter. Never.
AmericanFighterAce
8/16/07 11:59:53PM

Posted by MoJoy

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Robbie Lawler, are you kidding me, he does not have a single win over a top 10 fighter. Never.

He is one of the top dawgs in EliteXC.
He is not a top dog by an overall standing, but in the company itself he is one of the top dawgs.

Urijah Faber is not that good to be honest either, he really has not fought TOP NOTCH competition, but yet, I probably would not stand a chance with any of the people he fought, for the simple fact that I could not drop to 155, my 6'4 Frame wont let me. Im no Corey Hill.
ufc88
8/17/07 12:32:27AM
Joachim Hellboy Hansen
hippysmacker
8/17/07 3:06:55AM

Posted by DJDark41

Especially now that he says he will fight at 143.I think he will be more dominant there than Fedor is at HVY.
Mastodon2
8/17/07 4:25:54AM
Well I'd pick Yamamoto from that list, even though he is training for the Wrestling for the olympics last I heard, I still think he has great potential to trash people in the MMA ring.

However, Barnett, Hunt, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Arona are all great, and yet still floating around, having not yet been scooped up by UFC.
EddieBowers
8/17/07 11:53:32AM
Come on what about Brok Lessner??? Just kidding.. out of th elist I like Faber and Filho... Nick is fun to watch, he is always so pissed off.
cowcatcher
8/17/07 11:57:19AM
i gotta go with gil and kid is a close second, all these guys are great fighters though and the ufc would only be better with them in the mix
TOMMYAYO05
8/17/07 5:09:11PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by DJDark41

Especially now that he says he will fight at 143.I think he will be more dominant there than Fedor is at HVY.

Ill definetley agree with that
SicJits
8/20/07 9:40:23AM
faber? no 145 lbs division in the ufc and he would get destroyed by most 55ers in the ufc and his lose to tyson griffin was in the summer of 05, for peachfuzz.

fedor
gilbert melendez
jake shields
paulo filho
sodojuko(sp)
diaz
mayhem miller
gamez0932
8/22/07 5:55:56PM
Id have to go with Kid on this one
SicJits
8/23/07 10:31:43AM

Posted by gamez0932

kid is great i agree, but the question was about coming to the ufc and kid is like 140lbs he would be to small to compete with the 55ers
TOMMYAYO05
8/23/07 3:32:40PM

Posted by SicJits

Posted by gamez0932

kid is great i agree, but the question was about coming to the ufc and kid is like 140lbs he would be to small to compete with the 55ers

Yeah i really like Kid but Filho is good too.
sakurabaforever
8/24/07 3:34:50AM

Posted by SicJits

Posted by gamez0932

Actually Kid usually fights at 155. Pretty good record against them too
SicJits
8/24/07 1:41:55PM

Posted by sakurabaforever

Posted by SicJits

Posted by gamez0932

Actually Kid usually fights at 155. Pretty good record against them too

true enough, i will give you i blew this one.