swick tko/ko 7% (4)
swick sub 7% (4)
swick decision 7% (4)
davis tko/ko 59% (36)
davis sub 11% (7)
davies decision 10% (6)
xchickox
2/25/08 7:28:33PM
for me marcus davis is way too good for swick on his feet and swicks best bet is to take it down to the ground, and after swicks performance against burkman i dont even give him a small chance
Pookie
2/25/08 7:40:20PM
Is this a fantasy match, or is it legit?

Source?
wolfman
2/25/08 7:44:24PM
Pookie
2/25/08 7:47:35PM
ooo, tough match-up for swick...
Aaronno9
2/25/08 7:54:26PM
I got mike via an early swickatine. He should be used to making the cut by then and beable to judge how much he needs to cut at what point in time so he wont look so sluggish. If he gets caught, its probably lights out for him, but i think hes got a good enough reach advantage to keep davis away and work for a takedown.
iwannabesedated
2/25/08 8:10:15PM
I think its a good fight..Could go either way.But I'd take Swick..I know his last two fights he didnt look impressive.Im just glad that finally we get to see Davis fight someone who isn't a easy KO for him.

Sorry im just not sold on Davis being a top guy at 170 Until he beats someone Noteable...Petz,Taylor,Tan,Carter,Spratt, and Taylor i dont think are top 20 guys.

And look at Davis losses...He's Lost to Alves who is or could be on his way into the top ten at WW.and he also lost to Melvin Guillard.So we know Davis can knock out guys that arent in the top 20 but i would say Swick is a top 20 guy.I say Swick by Sub....hopefully a Swick-a-tine..
cj_striker
2/25/08 8:32:03PM
Seems like a bad match up for Swick, because they both love to stand and bang. And it seems to me that Davis has heavier hands. The best bet for Swick would be to use his reach and keep Davis at a distance and if ahd when Davis shoots for the take down he should catch him with the Swickotiine. Davis' ground game has came along way, so I'm not too sure who has the advantage on the ground. It will be interesting to see how Davis handles his toughest opponent yet. Should be an awesome match. Jury is still out on who I'd pick.
Kastro
2/25/08 11:14:28PM
Swick didn't impress me with his debut @ 170lbs... My money is on Davis!
mkiv9secsupra
2/25/08 11:21:25PM
Burkman kept up with swick on the feet but concentrated on the takedown too much. So Davis should be able to outpoint Swick and win the decision
jiujitsufreak74
2/25/08 11:27:05PM
i see swick looking to trade with Davis. maybe for the first half of the first round, you will see the reach of Swick frustrating Marcus just a little. then, when he feels comfortable i see him getting past the reach and unloading some serious flurries. i can't see swick KOing Davis. i don't know why some people question his chin, he was a pro boxer for many years and his only MMA loss to TKO was from a cut. granted he was dropped by Paul Taylor, but Taylor is an excellent kickboxer and he hit him with a well placed head kick that Marcus recovered from very quickly. he was able to pull off the armbar in that situation anyway. also, i can't see Swick submitting Marcus. Marcus' JJ is very underrated and a lot of people don't realize that he has been working grappling intensely since a year before TUF because he realized that submission were his weakness. i feel that is not the case anymore and i believe that Marcus' JJ is good enough not to get subbed, and maybe even good enough to get a submission if it hits the ground. i can't see Swcik winning this fight, he just isn't powerful or quick enough in this division. i also see Marcus winning a UD similar to his fight with Forrest Petz, and if not then a 3rd round KO for Marcus. Swick is going to try and come out fast and exciting to make up for his last fight, and with that mentality he will walk into a flurry world class punches that will hurt him badly if he is not careful.
nickcuc547
2/26/08 7:55:03AM
this is going to be an all out war, but i think swick has the better sub game and catches davis in a choke.
whardin19
2/26/08 7:57:24AM
This will be a very good matchup. Swicks reach advantage is probably going to be huge. But I'm not sure if it will be an advantage for long. Davis used to be a professional boxer so I'm sure he's fought people with longer reaches before. I would probably go with Davis 2nd round submission.
ToeZup
2/26/08 9:23:47AM
I'm more of a Swick fan than Davis but I think Davis would over power Swick.
Marcus is on a 6 fight win streak finishing 5 out of the 6 fights, not to mention finishing his last three fights in the first.

I have no choice but to go with Davis in this one. He looks to be improving every fight.
jiujitsufreak74
2/26/08 2:20:41PM

Posted by ToeZup

I'm more of a Swick fan than Davis but I think Davis would over power Swick.
Marcus is on a 6 fight win streak finishing 5 out of the 6 fights, not to mention finishing his last three fights in the first.

I have no choice but to go with Davis in this one. He looks to be improving every fight.

he's actually on an 11 fight win streak, he's on a 6 fight win streak in the UFC. he has finished 9 of those 11 victories, 3 by (T)KO and 6 by submission (all locks or chokes...not by strikes). but yea i agree with you on your assessment on the fight. i hope Marcus can add another exciting fight to his ever-growing resume so his chances of a title shot keep getting better.
mrliquid
2/26/08 3:27:23PM
Swick wont be able to withstand Davis power and striking I see a ko 2nd round.
chuteboxe75
2/26/08 3:50:53PM
This could be a great fight, dependent upon which Swick shows up. Mike has looked great in some of his fights and then in the Burkman fight he, in my eyes, was a disappointment, even though he won. Some have said that the weight cut had adverse effects on his ability If Mike can get that under control he will be able to beat Marcus Davis. If he has another problem with the cut, Davis easily knocks him out and advances in the division. If both fighters come in with perfect conditioning and training, I see this going to a decision with Swick edging out the win.
No knock on Davis however, he has the power in his hands to drop Swick and end the fight at any moment. We'll see who dominates on fight night.
NatedawgThaM
2/26/08 6:52:08PM
I don't see this fight leaving the 1st round. Swick knows he better impress this time out or his future is in trouble after those last two horrible performances. I think he will come out aggressive and swinging. Marcus is the hardest hitter in the UFC, hands down. That's why I see Swicking running into a huge hook as he is aggressive and drops to the canvas for a brutal KO win for Marcus.

Hard fight to pick but Marcus is on a 11 fight winning streak. Hard to pick against him especially after Swicks last two performances and the bad choice to drop down into a grappler/wrestler dominated division BESIDES Alves and Davis.
mrliquid
2/26/08 7:06:19PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I don't see this fight leaving the 1st round. Swick knows he better impress this time out or his future is in trouble after those last two horrible performances. I think he will come out aggressive and swinging. Marcus is the hardest hitter in the UFC, hands down. That's why I see Swicking running into a huge hook as he is aggressive and drops to the canvas for a brutal KO win for Marcus.

Hard fight to pick but Marcus is on a 11 fight winning streak. Hard to pick against him especially after Swicks last two performances and the bad choice to drop down into a grappler/wrestler dominated division BESIDES Alves and Davis.

cowcatcher
2/26/08 8:40:36PM
i think we are going to see a tentative swick that uses his reach to try and frustrate davis. unfortunately for him davis is a former boxer so hes seen that before and should be able to stay patient until he sees an opening and gets a ko or knockdown leading to a sub/tko. what i hope will happen is both guys come out and throw punches in bunches until someone drops, but unfortunately i dont think that will happen.
bls1919
2/26/08 9:09:00PM
I have to go with Davis on this one. It will be a hard fought punch fest that i'm looking forward to seeing
CornishMMA
2/27/08 8:17:07AM
wow i think im gonna end up loving the wager odds on this fight for my man Swick

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

granted he was dropped by Paul Taylor, but Taylor is an excellent kickboxer and he hit him with a well placed head kick that Marcus recovered from very quickly.

Ahhh yes my friend but Mike is a better Tae Kwon Do fighter with excellent kicks, see the Riggs fight for a nice example of that, its a good fight but Swick has the edge in every dept imo, im talking size, strength, power, bjj, quality of opposition, gotta give them all to Quick Swick, but i dont see it being quick, id say Swick by swickotine or decision
Franklinfan47
2/27/08 12:23:08PM
Davis by crippling right hand in the second.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/27/08 2:08:59PM
i feel sorry for swick, but this is the kind of match up he mustve been expecting dropping down to the stacked WW division. hope he trains his ass off
tylerlee123
2/27/08 6:05:16PM
Im leaning on Swick but his debut at 170 wasn't that good and Davis is awful good on his feet its gonna be hard for Swick to win this one