Davis vs. Magalhaes, Kongo vs. Nelson Added To UFC 159

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Davis vs. Magalhaes, Kongo vs. Nelson Added To UFC 159
Biggavelli
1/29/13 10:28:28PM
A pair of new matchups has been added to April's UFC 159 event as Phil Davis meets Vinny Magalhaes in a light heavyweight affair, while Cheick Kongo faces Roy Nelson in a heavyweight contest.

UFC officials announced the two bouts on Tuesday's new edition of "UFC Tonight."

UFC 159, which features a title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and "The Ultimate Fighter 17" fellow head coach Chael Sonnen, takes place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

LINK
Bubbles
1/29/13 10:31:22PM
Vinny gets his wish, let's see if he can walk the walk
FastKnockout
1/29/13 10:37:05PM

Posted by Bubbles

I'd love to see Davis submit him.
sparky
1/29/13 10:45:05PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

I second this
DrivenDavies15
1/29/13 11:32:37PM
Nice fights, I don't think I've ever wanted to see a fighter get knocked out every single time he fights, but with Chieck Kongo, that's the only time I like seeing him in the octagon.
Budgellism
1/29/13 11:40:37PM
I was hoping Nelson would fight Barnett to be honest but I like this fight as well.

Davis vs. Magalhaes is a good fight too. I think Davis is going to be skilled enough to avoid the subs though.
decken
1/29/13 11:47:08PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

I second this

Not going to happen, unless Vinny is already unconscious.
quezocrema0032
1/29/13 11:55:56PM
Stylistically Davis is a great matchup for Vinny. Davis is a great fighter but he hasnt shown much of a stand up game since he debuted with the ufc. Taking Vinny down might be his undoing. Awesome fight & Nelson should finish Kongo devastatingly
prozacnation1978
1/30/13 12:19:22AM
When I talked to vinny a month ago he said April
Like the matches
Was thinking kongo vs nelson was gonna be the tuf finale main event
RacingHartPurple
1/30/13 1:01:03AM
I like these fights, I am going to this card so...so far so good. I wish they would add Jim Miller vs. TJ Grant as well, that would be a solid 4 fights for the Main Card and they'd only have to find 1 more. As far as the undercard goes, it will be easy for them to fill with the influx of NE fighters.
shaneTpain
1/30/13 7:35:10AM
I like those fights
Vinny bit off more then he could chew, calling out Mr.Wonderful . & Nelson vs Kongo is gonna be a banger!!!
Theoutlaw08
1/30/13 10:15:31AM
Davis via sub. Vinny stands no chance.

Kongo and Nelson is a good match up. Should be a good stand up war. Nelson will act as a punching bag until he catches Kongo with something. Zombie slug fest.
BillsNewAccount
1/30/13 10:48:19AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Davis via sub. Vinny stands no chance.

Kongo and Nelson is a good match up. Should be a good stand up war. Nelson will act as a punching bag until he catches Kongo with something. Zombie slug fest.

Davis via sub? That's just silly.
LightsOUT23
1/30/13 11:32:21AM
Kongo vs Nelson at a first glance says Nelson by KO. But i would love it if Kongo becomes the first one to give Nelson his first KO loss. I doubt it though.
JLS1980
1/30/13 12:16:23PM
I hope Nelson lands that overhand and sends Kongo to sleep.

Davis vs Magalhaes is a pretty interesting fight. I see Decision written all over this. I think Davis is skilled enough to avoid the Sub and his wrestling should be the deciding factor.
Travesty145
1/30/13 1:02:30PM
vinny called out phil davis so he could avoid renato laranja. just sayin
Bubbles
1/30/13 1:44:34PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Kongo vs Nelson at a first glance says Nelson by KO. But i would love it if Kongo becomes the first one to give Nelson his first KO loss. I doubt it though.

JLS1980
1/30/13 2:18:52PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

I'm not the biggest Roy Nelson fan but I never hope for Kongo to KO anyone. I actually always route for him to get laid out.
airkerma
1/30/13 3:36:28PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by LightsOUT23

I'm not the biggest Roy Nelson fan but I never hope for Kongo to KO anyone. I actually always route for him to get laid out.

Hey now, let's lay off of kongo. That said kongo is totes getting over hand righted, he doesn't even strike anymore and when he does he gets dropped. What happened to you kongo, you used to be cool?
Chael_Sonnen
1/30/13 10:45:10PM
Vin will DESTROY Phil inside of 2 rounds......yeeaaah, that's right
40ouncetofreedom
1/31/13 8:18:04AM
Davis > The guy who lost on TUF then lost to Eliot Marshall.

Wrestling > Jiu Jitsu, IMO. Davis is a division 1 collegiate champ and also has a pretty sick sub game himself.