David Loiseau returns??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » David Loiseau returns??
king_katool
1/4/09 12:53:24PM
just on MMAJUNKIE and noticed rumored fights for UFC 97 in april includes a David Loiseau vs TBA match, just want to know how much truth if any is behind this
MikeyG
1/4/09 12:56:41PM
bout freakin' time, glad to see the crow come back
nickcuc547
1/4/09 12:57:35PM
ya i heard this a few months back, personally i like it. while i think the crow has always been a little overrated due to his inconsistency, he is explosive when he wants to be, hopefully he can put it all together because he has limitless potential.
king_katool
1/4/09 12:58:22PM

Posted by MikeyG

bout freakin' time, glad to see the crow come back

im trying not to get to excited,incase its still just a rumor, i've wanted to see the crow back in the cage for awhile
higdon10
1/4/09 1:23:35PM
Loiseau is a good fighter, I have been hoping to see him back in the UFC for a while now.
MFOTHER
1/4/09 1:31:20PM
hopefully charles mcarthy comes out of retirement for a rematch

i love that kick
seanfu
1/4/09 3:56:15PM

Posted by MFOTHER

hopefully charles mcarthy comes out of retirement for a rematch

i love that kick

Charles CHAINSAW Mccarthy wins via tko (eyepoke) in the second round. Get's immediate title shot against Spidersilva.
Franklinfan47
1/4/09 4:30:50PM
Loiseau vs Day rematch? Their first fight was controversial.

War Loiseau
casey64
1/4/09 7:22:23PM
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/4/09 8:03:42PM
NOICE
AchillesHeel
1/4/09 8:15:27PM
I'd love for The Crow to get back to his old form. It seemed like the loss to Franklin really took a toll on his confidence. I thought he could have won the fight against Swick, but he seemed unable to get out of the starting blocks (anyone else notice GSP screaming at him during that fight? I wondered if Loiseau wasn't executing their game plan). I haven't seen any of his fights since he left the UFC, so I don't know how close the losses to Day and VillaseƱor were, although both of those guys are decent fighters.

Anyone know who Loiseau trains with these days?
Playground_Samurai
1/4/09 8:20:36PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I'd love for The Crow to get back to his old form. It seemed like the loss to Franklin really took a toll on his confidence. I thought he could have won the fight against Swick, but he seemed unable to get out of the starting blocks (anyone else notice GSP screaming at him during that fight? I wondered if Loiseau wasn't executing their game plan). I haven't seen any of his fights since he left the UFC, so I don't know how close the losses to Day and VillaseƱor were, although both of those guys are decent fighters.

Anyone know who Loiseau trains with these days?

Greg Jackson's camp web page has him listed amongst their fighters.
bls1919
1/4/09 8:57:32PM
Coming out of Jacksons camp and being a close friend of GSP is a great thing. About time the Crow came back. Although I have always wondered if he could cut to 170? He is only 6 foot tall. Bulky but could cut it IMO. He would be a bulldozer if he would come in at WW. Either way I like seeing him back.......if it is true.
prozacnation1978
1/4/09 9:31:00PM
i think him in april in canada people would go nuts curious to see if this rumor is true
coldchillin
1/4/09 9:56:02PM
I would rather see a guy like Villasenor get his chance in the UFC then to see Loiseau back.
grappler0000
1/4/09 10:05:30PM

Posted by bls1919

Coming out of Jacksons camp and being a close friend of GSP is a great thing. About time the Crow came back. Although I have always wondered if he could cut to 170? He is only 6 foot tall. Bulky but could cut it IMO. He would be a bulldozer if he would come in at WW. Either way I like seeing him back.......if it is true.

I actually think his build is perfect for MW. Besides, a drop to WW would put him in a weightclass with a bunch of wrestlers...probably not a wise decision on his part.
Mayhem13
1/4/09 10:06:03PM
Loiseau vs Herman

Herman doesnt have an upcoming fight, a lot of the other MW's do....

or maybe even something like Loisea vs Tom Lawlor
mrkennedy
1/5/09 1:08:44AM
good for him ,he should fight kendall grove
ncordless
1/5/09 2:43:55AM
Not really at the top of the MWs I'd like to see in the UFC but if he does indeed return and has been serious in his training I am glad he is back.
aaa9erh8er
1/5/09 9:04:55PM
id be down to see him fight any MW he could really shake it up if he is in good shape
RhythmAndStyle
1/5/09 9:26:07PM
it's gonna be Loiseau vs Ed Herman..feel sorry for Herman since he's gonna get tko by The Crow..
here's the link..http://mmamania.com/2009/01/05/david-the-crow-loiseau-returns-at-ufc-97-to-face-ed-herman/
Franklinfan47
1/6/09 11:54:34AM
Herman is a tough fight for anyone at mw, except maybe Anderson Silva of course.

That said, I don't think Loiseau's gonna blow his shot at getting back in the ufc now that he's gone without it, and will outbox Herman to a decision, similar to Alan Belcher.
DCRage
1/6/09 12:10:12PM
Another site, I think it was Junkie, posted this but noted that bout agreements have not yet been signed, so it's not official until that happens. Barring the unexpected that should happen shortly though.
NinjaCyborg
1/7/09 12:42:11PM
Doesn't The Crow, train with GSP?
aaa9erh8er
1/8/09 7:20:12PM
yeaH BUT SO DID COTE and look waht happened to him
Franklinfan47
1/8/09 7:36:59PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

yeaH BUT SO DID COTE and look waht happened to him

Got a title shot against the best fighter in the world, lost only due to a freak accident (although he was losing the fight), and went farther against him than any other fighter has in the ufc.

Guess training with GSP pays off

War Loiseau