David Heath to Replace Griffin against Machida at UFC 70

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » David Heath to Replace Griffin against Machida at UFC 70
Playground_Samurai
3/15/07 6:03:53PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4848

Unbeaten light heavyweight David Heath has stepped up to the plate to face fellow contender Lyoto Machida at UFC 70 after Forrest Griffin was forced to withdraw from the April 21st bout Wednesday due to a severe staph infection.

This is a huge letdown IMO. I was really looking forward to Griffin/Machida.
hippysmacker
3/16/07 11:52:55AM
So was I . Props to Heath for stepping up though. It's a good opportunity for him if he can pull off an upset, or even make it a close fight. I think Machida takes it though.
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 12:38:21PM

Posted by hippysmacker

So was I . Props to Heath for stepping up though. It's a good opportunity for him if he can pull off an upset, or even make it a close fight. I think Machida takes it though.

i'm with you hippysmacker i'm pissed that we don't get to see forest and machida but heath is a good match from what we have seen on heath he looks good has never lost so give him a chance to move up and fight the top 5 guys at 205, i still think machida will win but will be a hard fight for him.
gimmper
3/16/07 12:49:00PM
Please tell me its not true...Lyoto needed this to break into the mainstream...He's the phantom now but once everyone catches on to him he will be a superstar
aceprone
3/16/07 1:14:01PM
I just hope Heath takes the battle to Machida and it's to passive. I hope Machida takes by second round KO.
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 1:56:12PM
Might just be the best thing that's happened to Forrest... I think a big loss to Machida would have really hurt his career... A shame either way, it would've been a great standup war...

I just want to see Lyoto fight more (and actually on TV this time, I only saw the crappy youtube version)
wkm311
3/16/07 4:12:39PM
This is gonna be an ass whooping...
chentay2112
3/16/07 4:56:27PM
does anyone know if david heath has fought anyone decent????
we know griffin vs machida could have been a great stand up war so is david heath the same type of fighter??????
i've got to admit i know nothing about this guy
Stickan
3/16/07 5:38:04PM
From what I know Heath is a great wrestler. That's the challenge I havn't seen Lyoto battle yet. Has he fought a great wrestler before?

I might place some money on Heath later on if the odds are good.
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 5:51:35PM

Posted by chentay2112

does anyone know if david heath has fought anyone decent????
we know griffin vs machida could have been a great stand up war so is david heath the same type of fighter??????
i've got to admit i know nothing about this guy

Undefeated... hasn't really fought anyone of notice quite yet...

I did that he was able to avoid Salmon's infamous flying scissor kick and sub him in less than a minute... Take that for what it's worth... Rashad looked pretty bad against Salmon that first round

David Heath Fight Finder Tried to make it easier for anyone interested...
jrod
3/17/07 5:59:14PM
...i dont know how i feel about this match up....i wish they would show some david heath fights on UNLEASHED or something..i know hes unbeaten and he beat two tough guys in the UFC but..i dont know it seems like its a big jump facing Machida.

I think more frustrated because i wanted to see Griffen vs Machida...i thought that was gunna be a war and maybe fight of the year candidate but oh well...Thats the fight game i guess

Atleast on the line...somebody's gunna have a lose on their record after UFC 70
Stickan
3/17/07 6:26:15PM
Found this on youtube.
highlight
It's a bad David Heath highlight. The highlight of the highlight though is the awesome flying armbar in an SW event. For a guy his size, that was pretty cool.

He looks pretty short so maybe Machida will pick him apart on the feet.