David Blaine VS Criss Angel

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » David Blaine VS Criss Angel
holt8081
7/2/08 12:33:37AM
Who do you think is has the real power.
I personally think that david blaine is bieng controlled by the devil unwillingly.
and criss angel is just an entertainer.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
jiujitsufreak74
7/2/08 12:42:17AM

Posted by holt8081

I personally think that david blaine is bieng controlled by the devil unwillingly.

other way around imo. David Blaine has been found out, while Criss Angel is still a mystery. he is definitely the anti-christ
holt8081
7/2/08 12:48:28AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by holt8081

other way around imo. David Blaine has been found out, while Criss Angel is still a mystery. he is definitely the anti-christ

Ya I see it the other way around, if david blaine was just an entertainer why would he not be the one in a vegas show and dress in all black plus criss even said that he does illusions where as david blaine has a speacial a few times a year.
cmill21
7/2/08 1:43:51AM
Anyone who can survive in ice has my vote.
The_Ho_Bag
7/2/08 3:01:03AM

Posted by cmill21

Anyone who can survive in ice has my vote.

yeah but that was a fake. they discovered that he had a double and the whole thing was a bust. David Blaine has already been found out and all of his illusions have been figured out. however, no one can figure out Criss Angel's tricks so he wins imo.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/2/08 4:04:21AM
If I remember correctly, Criss Angel layed on the ground and let a steamroller roll over him....yea **** that.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/2/08 7:07:32AM
Both should get shot, and/or hit by a magic bus.
emfleek
7/2/08 8:47:36AM
Neither. Both are tools.
DevonFoxy
7/2/08 9:50:55AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Not just any magic bus but The magic school bus

Dang I miss that show....
scoozna
7/2/08 9:57:00AM
They are both 10s on the creepy scale.
Rush
7/2/08 11:08:46AM
If you look on some magic enthusiast sites both guys are not that well respected as they tend to use old tricks and TV cameras to get famous for, well, not much. Hell, even I have figured out how they do some of their tricks, just by watching the show carefully. I will say again, both guys have been figured out.

I learned how to do the simple levitation trick in about 5 min and have actually performed it for some people.

Blaine seems to do stunts more now than magic tricks. Angel really only impresses me in his ability to pick peoples' pockets.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/2/08 3:06:50PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Not just any magic bus but The magic school bus

Dang I miss that show....

hehe... I was kinda thinking towards the lines of...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
emfleek
7/2/08 4:02:05PM
I was thinking more along the lines of this...

warglory
7/2/08 8:40:16PM

Posted by Rush

If you look on some magic enthusiast sites both guys are not that well respected as they tend to use old tricks and TV cameras to get famous for, well, not much. Hell, even I have figured out how they do some of their tricks, just by watching the show carefully. I will say again, both guys have been figured out.

I learned how to do the simple levitation trick in about 5 min and have actually performed it for some people.

Blaine seems to do stunts more now than magic tricks. Angel really only impresses me in his ability to pick peoples' pockets.

You forget that prior to David Blaine, all you had for "cool magicians" was David Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear. Blaine was the one that popularized street magic with his specials, doing tricks the general public had never seen before. Not really sure where you have seen his tricks done on tv cameras before him.

Oh, and to the guy who said Blaine used a stunt double for the ice trick, do you have proof of this?
rowdy1
7/2/08 8:41:53PM
i reckon they both suck major ass
Pookie
7/2/08 8:48:23PM
yeah id just like to ass that criss angel has been found out too.

here

rowdy1
7/2/08 8:50:23PM
haha props to you my good man
mrsmiley
7/2/08 9:09:55PM
Ask any respectable Magaician who is the better Magician and they will tell you Criss Angel.Criss has also issued a challenge to Blain.
Rush
7/3/08 9:25:16AM

Posted by warglory

You forget that prior to David Blaine, all you had for "cool magicians" was David Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear. Blaine was the one that popularized street magic with his specials, doing tricks the general public had never seen before. Not really sure where you have seen his tricks done on tv cameras before him.

Oh, and to the guy who said Blaine used a stunt double for the ice trick, do you have proof of this?

At least Copperfield had original illusions. These guys do illusions that have been around for decades and combine them with camera tricks to make them look like they are unique advanced magicians.

They are like the equivalent of an MMA fighter taking credit for a punch (or punching style) that has been used by boxers for decades.
Rush
7/3/08 9:31:49AM
Two of Criss Angel's levitations are easy to figure out.

1) the one where he needs a box or chair in front of him to levitate. Why does he nee dthe box? Because he hs a fake leg and uses his real leg to step up on the box

2) The one where he levitates on TV. You see him from the front and he is levitating between two objects situated behind him. Notice that he is positioned exactly between the two objects and that the space between the two is black in colour? Well, one could easily use a small lifting platform and stand on it. The glack clothing and black gap inbetween the objects would be perfect to hide this.

These are just two that I figured out watching his show. I'm not even into magic.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/3/08 9:53:51AM
See the reason i so passionately hate Angel is because of all the hype he gives himself. Claiming he is a unique kind of freak of nature, when as Rush explained, his tricks are fairly brain dead to figure out. And whats with this recent mind freak thing. what the flying f*ck is that?!?!?! your gonna tell me that im gonna watch 30 mins of him walking around going up to people saying nothing but "we have never met before correct" and then "reading" into that person's head. Caaaaamaaaaaan. As for blaine, i think the first time I saw him i was 15 and I thought he was cool at first, then started to figure shit out. At least he's staying kinda underground/indy/independent, unlike Angel who boasts being the absolute best magician/mindfreak (LOL) there ever was.
warglory
7/3/08 3:44:11PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by warglory

At least Copperfield had original illusions. These guys do illusions that have been around for decades and combine them with camera tricks to make them look like they are unique advanced magicians.

They are like the equivalent of an MMA fighter taking credit for a punch (or punching style) that has been used by boxers for decades.

Copperfield had original illusions? His were so pre-planned and ridiculous! Blaine was the first mainstream act to embrace street magic where he interacted with real people on the street. Show me a televised broadcast of street magic prior to Blaine doing it in 97, because I can't recall it.
warglory
7/3/08 3:45:34PM

Posted by Rush

Two of Criss Angel's levitations are easy to figure out.

1) the one where he needs a box or chair in front of him to levitate. Why does he nee dthe box? Because he hs a fake leg and uses his real leg to step up on the box

2) The one where he levitates on TV. You see him from the front and he is levitating between two objects situated behind him. Notice that he is positioned exactly between the two objects and that the space between the two is black in colour? Well, one could easily use a small lifting platform and stand on it. The glack clothing and black gap inbetween the objects would be perfect to hide this.

These are just two that I figured out watching his show. I'm not even into magic.

How do explain Blaine's levitation on some random street with people right around him? There is nothing pushing him off the ground I assure you, it's just a cool illusion.
Rush
7/3/08 3:53:42PM

Posted by warglory

Really? Show me a televised broadcast of street magic prior to Blaine doing it in 97, because I can't recall it.

I'm not talking about the show itself, I am talking about his tricks. For example, Blaine's levitation is essentially a Balducci Levitation, which he didn't invent. Copperfield's illusions (like all illusions) are supposed to be pre-planned. It was the fact that he did them on stage that made them more impressive than any magician on TV.

Regarding his super high leviations, come on, it's on TV. They are done with cables, which are edited out. The expressions on the people's faces are either acted or they are filmed from another stunt and edited in accordingly.

I am sorry, but with all that can be done with TV And movie special effects, why should I be impressed with a TV show featuring a guy that says he can levitate? I believe it to about the extent I believe Samuel L Jackson can use the force.
warglory
7/3/08 9:19:06PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by warglory

Really? Show me a televised broadcast of street magic prior to Blaine doing it in 97, because I can't recall it.

I'm not talking about the show itself, I am talking about his tricks. For example, Blaine's levitation is essentially a Balducci Levitation, which he didn't invent. Copperfield's illusions (like all illusions) are supposed to be pre-planned. It was the fact that he did them on stage that made them more impressive than any magician on TV.

Regarding his super high leviations, come on, it's on TV. They are done with cables, which are edited out. The expressions on the people's faces are either acted or they are filmed from another stunt and edited in accordingly.

I am sorry, but with all that can be done with TV And movie special effects, why should I be impressed with a TV show featuring a guy that says he can levitate? I believe it to about the extent I believe Samuel L Jackson can use the force.

besides the levitation, tossing a card through a window that a person picked from a deck and others is way cooler than seeing Copperfield telling you to choose different items on the tv screen so that he can pick which one you pick. Blaine's tricks may have explanations now, but 10 years ago, no one else was doing his shit. Every illusion is just that, and after its explained, its not as impressive, but the first time you see it, its awesome. Isn't that the point of magic?
Rush
7/3/08 10:20:53PM
I guess we just see things differently. To each his own.
DJDark41
7/3/08 11:05:23PM
They are both phony in my opinion. Until one of them comes to my house and does one of these crazy tricks to ME personally, then I won't believe it. ooooo, I'm sure you randomly chose that person, and then pulled a $20 bill out of their nose with their name written on it.