Dave Terrell Injured, Out of UFC 78

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dave Terrell Injured, Out of UFC 78
Muay-Thai
11/3/07 1:22:33AM
Reported on TAGG radio

November 2nd: Dave Terrell out of UFC 78. Ankle injury allegedly.

LINK
wolfman
11/3/07 1:35:38AM
Damn, this is disappointing news. I was looking forward to seeing Dave Terrell back in the octagon. Hopefully, this is just a rumor.
rabbit915
11/3/07 1:51:41AM
I hope its just a rumor because this might be the fight im most excited in the very dull card of UFC 78.
wapttn
11/3/07 2:04:30AM
its funny cause every time someone labels 78 as a dull card, someone else labels that person as a casual ufc fan. What? no title match? The only fighters i recognize on this card are the guys from TUF, this card sucks. This card is gonna be full of exciting fights and hopefully it'll teach people that it doesnt take a big name to make a big fight
wolfman
11/3/07 2:07:01AM

Posted by wapttn

its funny cause every time someone labels 78 as a dull card, someone else labels that person as a casual ufc fan. What? no title match? The only fighters i recognize on this card are the guys from TUF, this card sucks. This card is gonna be full of exciting fights and hopefully it'll teach people that it doesnt take a big name to make a big fight

You speak the truth. This is a good card. I am pumped to see Aurelio back, Alexander/Thiago, and Fisher/Edgar. Hell, I'm actually intrigued by all the match ups, minus the main event. Chonan/Karo should be a barn burner and Lytle/Alves will be a close fight.
vanillavick9
11/3/07 2:16:16AM
Ahh who's going to replace?
rabbit915
11/3/07 2:33:57AM
I think the fact that i bothered to find a fantasy mma site puts me a little past the casual mma fan. And suprisingly enough i watch mma other than the UFC so lets quit the name calling. And considering the main fight is between two TUF champions, wouldnt the "casual UFC fan" be excited about this this one despite the fact that both Evans/Bisping are about 2 big wins short of being real contenders.

Its not that im not excited about some of the other fights. Karo/Chonan is great because i want to see if Chonan can compete in the octagon with an experienced UFC fighter. I also want to see Alexander finally get the credit he deserves when he knocks out Thiago Silva.

However, that does not change the fact that UFC 78 is missing the big headliner fight between 2 of the worlds best that i want to see.
jomatty
11/3/07 3:29:27AM
man i hope this is a rumor but it probally isnt. i really like terrel and would love to see him get his head and body straight and become a contender again.
The_Grim_Reaper
11/3/07 8:39:51AM
damn't not again!!!
DCRage
11/3/07 8:41:13AM
Guys, don't forget that TAGG Radio isn't exactly dead-on with their breaking news reports-more often than not they're incorrect. So while this might be true given Terrell's history of pulling out of fights due to injuries, I'd wait to hear this from more reliable sources before reading too much into it.
wolfman
11/3/07 9:38:13AM

Posted by DCRage

Guys, don't forget that TAGG Radio isn't exactly dead-on with their breaking news reports-more often than not they're incorrect. So while this might be true given Terrell's history of pulling out of fights due to injuries, I'd wait to hear this from more reliable sources before reading too much into it.

This is true, but surprisingly enough TAGG Radio was the first to announce that Fedor had signed with M-1 and that turned out to be true. However, you never know with TAGG.
gspgnp
11/3/07 12:29:12PM

Posted by wapttn

Couldn't have put it any better myself!
Vendetta
11/3/07 12:37:25PM
What the hell else is new?
Naturaldisaster
11/3/07 12:50:07PM
Hopefully it just a rumor but it is Dave Terrell were talkin about.lol and he is pretty notorious for pulling out of fights
wapttn
11/3/07 1:06:49PM
i dont wanna call people names, and i dont wanna make people look stupid.. but if you call this a dull card, the people who really follow this sport are gonna do that for me. It would've been nice if we had sherk/penn headlining this card but shit happens. You want a card with big names and title defense, go buy ufc stacked, i think i'll stick with this one.
CornishMMA
11/3/07 1:42:42PM

So David "Sick Note" Terrell strikes again

Or does he

I wont believe it until its on a credible source, trigg is wrong 90% of the time! Its prolly just a guess stab in the dark as its likely to come true
thepunisher
11/3/07 3:08:14PM
suprise suprise

Someone on this fourm picked this one correct said that he would pull out 2 weeks before the fight
tuvok500
11/3/07 4:34:44PM

Posted by thepunisher

suprise suprise

Someone on this fourm picked this one correct said that he would pull out 2 weeks before the fight

show me the link to prove it and i will give you a prop !!!

xAcidburNx
11/3/07 10:24:08PM
this realllllly sucks. honestly with what was turning out to be a great card as is, I was really lookin forward to this fight. and im in for the props if you give us that link.
wolfman
11/4/07 1:39:43AM
Here's the link boys....and it's from a credible source to boot lol WAR Doerksen!!!!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5001&zoneid=13
xAcidburNx
11/4/07 3:33:59AM
I was personally looking for the link to thread where a guy said he thought terrell would drop out 2 weeks before the fight. But i gave you the probs anyways. Still handin out props for that though
wolfman
11/4/07 11:44:07AM

Posted by xAcidburNx

I was personally looking for the link to thread where a guy said he thought terrell would drop out 2 weeks before the fight. But i gave you the probs anyways. Still handin out props for that though

Doh, I had a feeling that is what you guys were asking for, yet I remembered how this injury had not been verified so I gave you that link instead. Thanks for the pity props. lol
CornishMMA
11/5/07 7:36:13AM
How does he do it? Its been said he trains too furiously and has stupid accidents, he prolly turned his ankle and tore the ligaments, its such a shame cos the kid has or had so much potential but has never been able to make it to fight without getting injured!

His last fight was at UFC 59 FFS! pulled out of fights at 62 and 66 and ive now idea where he has been in the meantime

Will the UFC book him to fight again after 3 pull outs in a row? seriously its like this guy hates kids but has no condom