Date ideas?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Date ideas?
Pskinner_mma314
6/19/12 1:30:12PM
Ok playground, i'm doning alot better since the last thread that I started, and I figure, hell I got so much good advice from ya'll the 1st time around, might as well come back.

I've been talking to this girl off and on for awhile, and we had already "hooked up" a few times before, so obviously there is the physical connection there. She says she likes me alot too, but here is the problem:

This girl is unlike any girl I've ever dealt with ever. She just got back from the army on a medical discharge, she is probably a bigger football fan than I am, hell she got their logo tattooed on her, she is definitely not a "girly" girl, not manly, just not "girly." I wanna take her on a date and start moving in another direction, but she hates bowling, hates putt-putt, she's 19 so I can't take her to a bar, I hate the idea of going to a movie on a "wanna get to know you better" kind of date because a movie distracts your attention from eachother and defeats the whole purpose. I literally am out of ideas.

Any ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
grappler0000
6/19/12 1:51:01PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
6/19/12 2:13:57PM
I went out with a girl for the third time last Tuesday and we did a couples massage and it was a lot of fun. They had champagne there, so that's something she won't get to do. I'm guessing they have spas like that everywhere and the one we did was set up like this: first half you get separate massages side by side and the second half of it is you massaging each other. It gives you a chance to get your hands on her and it should lead to a trip to one of your houses afterwards if executed well.

There was a lull in our date where we didn't talk, just a lot of oohing and ahhing, so I stole a page out of Dumb and Dumber and said "let's switch it up" to the older fatter lady that was working on me and gave her a 3 minute asinine massage full of little chops and elbow kneading. Of course the other 3 ladies in the room(my date and massage ladies) assumed I wanted to get to the part where she and I gave each other massages, so everyone was cracking up. It wasn't my own bit, but it was effective.
BuffaloDave
6/19/12 2:50:24PM
Go out for a walk on a nature trail or something like that.

Amusement Park

Zoo

Paddle Boats (If you're by any water)

You said she's into football, see if she likes any other sports, take her to a game.

KungFuMaster
6/19/12 3:09:30PM
Take her on a hike. Go to the nearest national forest - not the local park. Bring food and water and enjoy.
prophecy033
6/19/12 3:47:58PM
Take her shooting. Girls love shooting guns and I guarantee she will since she was in the Army. I promise she will love it
Pskinner_mma314
6/19/12 3:56:54PM

Posted by prophecy033

Take her shooting. Girls love shooting guns and I guarantee she will since she was in the Army. I promise she will love it

This was actually a bet me and her had before she came back home. We were gonna take my 30.06 to a range not too far from here and if she could out shoot me, she'd get whatever she wanted and vice vercsa. Looked at that as a friendly bet, never as a date. I could try to turn it into one.

Lasertag would prolly be hella fun too, I do know she likes paintballing.

I'm in San Antonio so theres not a whole lot of football here, as well as she's a Raiders fan and I'm a Cowboys fan, so we're already gonna be butting heads anyway, maybe not the best idea.

These are some good ones, ya'll got anything else?
hotrodttt
6/19/12 4:18:47PM
Take her to a concert, they're always fun
Pookie
6/19/12 5:57:17PM
Push her against the wall and lift up her skirt. Girls love those kind of dates.
Svartorm
6/19/12 6:02:27PM
Is that from Mike Tyson's dating book?
Bubbles
6/19/12 6:24:05PM

Posted by grappler0000

this night will be LEGEN-i hope you are not lactose intolerant because its-DARY
Bubbles
6/19/12 6:27:17PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314
she's a Raiders fan

this is a bad sign

but yeah, from the idea listed above, paintball, lazertag, concert, gun range would all be pretty good ideas. For a concert though, unless there is a big band coming by, take her to a local show. Those are some of the best concerts I have gone to, plus you arent surrounded by 10,000+ people and beverages are a couple steps away at a reasonable price. Is one of her favourite radio stations hosting an event in the coming days? If so take her there
Adrenaline
6/19/12 6:34:55PM

Posted by Pookie

Push her against the wall and lift up her skirt. Girls love those kind of dates.

This method works best if you borrow Kpro's van.

prophecy033
6/19/12 6:38:50PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Pookie

must be after the jump
infestructure
6/19/12 6:47:23PM
Become a Raiders fan. I know it's probably sacrilege, but I just see it as changing from a fan of one fighter to another

The shooting suggestions are good, especially if she "gets whatever she wants when she wins"

Note the "when".

Cook her dinner at home. Much more relaxed. Unless you live with the parents.

Get high together
KungFuMaster
6/19/12 6:50:27PM
A first date should be a place where the both of you can do a lot of talking and opening up to each other. Just don't take her to the movies or places of that nature whereby the two of you will be engaged in an activity and not be able to talk to each other.
Pookie
6/19/12 7:07:45PM

Posted by Svartorm

Is that from Mike Tyson's dating book?

No, but it is from an author.
Bubbles
6/19/12 7:12:01PM

Posted by infestructure

Get high together

Budgellism
6/19/12 7:48:59PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Ok playground, i'm doning alot better since the last thread that I started, and I figure, hell I got so much good advice from ya'll the 1st time around, might as well come back.

I've been talking to this girl off and on for awhile, and we had already "hooked up" a few times before, so obviously there is the physical connection there. She says she likes me alot too, but here is the problem:

This girl is unlike any girl I've ever dealt with ever. She just got back from the army on a medical discharge, she is probably a bigger football fan than I am, hell she got their logo tattooed on her, she is definitely not a "girly" girl, not manly, just not "girly." I wanna take her on a date and start moving in another direction, but she hates bowling, hates putt-putt, she's 19 so I can't take her to a bar, I hate the idea of going to a movie on a "wanna get to know you better" kind of date because a movie distracts your attention from eachother and defeats the whole purpose. I literally am out of ideas.

Any ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

I always forget you guys have the 21 age limit for drinking. Thank you Canada

As far as the date goes though I really like Prophecy's idea about going to a shooting range. She'll know what she's doing right off the bat and it'll most likely be a comfortable environment for her. You also get to show that you know your stuff as well and you can connect on something that is familiar with her.

Another idea is a comedy club. You start off the night with some laughes and in my opinion, that's always a good thing. Shows usually end around 10-11 so afterwards end it off with a walk or something of that nature.
Budgellism
6/19/12 7:50:09PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by infestructure

Get high together

Also, this!

I bond with people a lot during sessions. It would also go hand in hand with my comedy club idea.
warglory
6/19/12 8:10:21PM
Take her disc golfing. A lot of the other physical activities listed can be hard to chat while playing, but disc golfing is really low key where you can chat and be active.
kopower
6/19/12 8:46:26PM
I like budge's idea of a comedy club. Maybe before that, have some dinner. Since she's only 19, maybe a Justin Bieber concert
Adrenaline
6/20/12 12:48:39AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Pookie

must be after the jump

Just imagine a van that smells like Hong Man Choi and Larry Merchant after a vigorous zumba session and you will have what the picture was.
ChrisSabal
6/20/12 1:53:30AM
whatever you do make sure you are wearing a suit. Everyone loves a good suit.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
frizzzlecake
6/20/12 2:28:42AM
Baseball game: Doesn't need to be a MLB game, minor league or summer league games provide entertainment and encase talking get's dull you have the game to talk about.

Early movie and dinner isn't a bad choice. I actually get to know people a lot better after a movie, because you get there thoughts about something you both saw at the same time. Also sometimes things happen in the movie that has happened in real life or build on in the dinner conversation.
Bubbles
6/20/12 7:31:43AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

whatever you do make sure you are wearing a suit. Everyone loves a good suit.

aussiemma
6/20/12 9:31:56AM
why don't you teach her how to wrestle ?
prozacnation1978
6/21/12 8:13:25AM
I took a girl shooting once. The girl almost shot me in the Fucking stomach. Won't do that again.

I would say swimming. Or rock climbing.
If u had a beach I would say a walk.

I usually am artsy. So museums art or plays theater
She seems not into that.

A comedy club is cool a lot of time u gotta be 21 to get in.

Best case scenario. Ask her what she would like to do