The Dark Knight Rises Theater Massacre

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Dark Knight Rises Theater Massacre
FastKnockout
7/20/12 12:27:40PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Poor_Franklin
7/20/12 12:56:15PM
to avoid ranting about the perils of society, i'll keep it simple.

Hold a door for someone today. Smile at someone who needs it. Your one small act of kindness could make someone's day & change their world for the better.
kopower
7/20/12 1:06:36PM
Terrible tragedy. Feel so sorry for the young kids involved. That's a whole other issue, but why was there a 4 month old, and children under 10 there?
ChrisSabal
7/20/12 1:06:53PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hold a door for someone today. Smile at someone who needs it. Your one small act of kindness could make someone's day & change their world for the better.

amen I try to do this everyday.
prophecy033
7/20/12 1:40:25PM
FUCK News like this is so horrible it leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. Why anyone would feel the urge to savagely murder people like this is beyond me. And he injured a 3 month old. I just wish they would let the public do the justice on his punk ass. FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pmoney
7/20/12 1:47:04PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Poor_Franklin

amen I try to do this everyday.

My Suggestions: Tip well if you eat out. Be nice and considerate to people. Instead of looking at the clerk at the grocery store and saying, "Man, he looks bummed", try striking up a conversation with him. Get the guy to laugh. Address people by their first names.

A lot of the time, people want to change the world through some big, grand act. But the little acts of consideration and humanity, the thoughtfulness that we can display on a daily basis, those are the acts that really change the world. Try to make today a better day for as many people as you can.
airkerma
7/20/12 1:48:28PM
And what does the detective have to say on the matter: 'This will definitely hurt the viewership of the movie'. Paraphrasing but the point is: hey fuckface, nobody fucking cares about the box offices right now and nobody wants to hear this shit, just say something nice. Everyone do yourselves a favor and avoid reading the comment section on cnn.com if you read the story there, the things they think are okay to say make mmamania look like a daycare center...
george112
7/20/12 2:21:03PM
I say put the guy to death
Chael_Sonnen
7/20/12 3:36:01PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Excellent post brother
frizzzlecake
7/20/12 3:59:55PM
This sucks, I hate seeing children killed it bugs me I'm not a parent yet but it really bugs me. What did she do to deserve that? Sick. I hope the killer lives a long life filled with misery and sorrow.
Budgellism
7/20/12 5:03:34PM
I heard this on the radio this morning on my way to work. This is a terrible tragedy that never should have happened. What drives a person to do this? It just makes me sick.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims.
ChrisSabal
7/21/12 1:17:49AM

Posted by Budgellism

I heard this on the radio this morning on my way to work. This is a terrible tragedy that never should have happened. What drives a person to do this? It just makes me sick.

I really hate to use a Batman quote but I think people need to stop looking at what drives a man to do this and just consider 'some men just want to watch the world burn'.
jae_1833
7/21/12 4:23:47PM
It's been hard out here, I am twenty minutes away from the site. The guy did this in the jurisdiction of one of the main areas where they actually support the death penelaty. Terrible, the 3 month old is ok, but the six year old girl and 11 others died. All I got are prayers.
warglory
7/21/12 4:49:38PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Budgellism

I really hate to use a Batman quote but I think people need to stop looking at what drives a man to do this and just consider 'some men just want to watch the world burn'.

You really believe the guy did it simply to get his rocks off and be evil? That makes no sense to me, sorry. I am not trying to defend him, but dismissing this act as a random act of evil perpetrated by some villain is doing a disservice to mental health problems in this country. We really need to wake up.
ChrisSabal
7/21/12 7:01:23PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Budgellism

You really believe the guy did it simply to get his rocks off and be evil? That makes no sense to me, sorry. I am not trying to defend him, but dismissing this act as a random act of evil perpetrated by some villain is doing a disservice to mental health problems in this country. We really need to wake up.

No one is doing a disservice to mental health problems. It is always the number 1 thing people look to find in a guy like this. The first thing I heard about him was that he had PTSD.

What I am saying is we need to stop always looking for a motive. The guy clearly didn't have a motive, at least I don't think so.