After "dark days" of career, UFC 104's Shogun Rua doesn't care what you think

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After "dark days" of career, UFC 104's Shogun Rua doesn't care what you think
emfleek
10/22/09 3:03:45PM
LOS ANGELES – For a man who not too long ago was widely considered the best light heavyweight fighter in the world, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (18-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) isn't being given much of a chance in his UFC title bout with current champ Lyoto Machida (15-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC).

But as the all-Brazilian main event of Saturday's "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun" pay-per-view card nears, Rua has a simple message for those who may doubt him: Don't believe the hype.

"I don't care really about the criticism and all that talk," Rua told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) through his manager, Eduardo Alonso. "Whatever people want to say, they're entitled to their opinions. It's a matter of me taking care of what I say and what I do and showing my work."

LINK
EvenFlow
10/22/09 3:05:52PM
I believe in you Shogun
SmileR
10/22/09 3:26:02PM
I love Shogun, man! Healthy he's without doubt a top 3 LHW, but his fighting style doesn't play to well against arguably the best counter striker in the business.
Shogun is a legit threat to Machida and I believe his biggest test to date especially if he's fully recovered from his surgeries. The winner of this I personally think is the best LHW in the world hands down.
Rush
10/22/09 4:39:31PM
I wouldn't care what people think either if I were Shogun
mk1630
10/22/09 5:01:44PM
I cant get to the link...its too close to your accolades.
mk1630
10/22/09 5:02:42PM
nevermind im an idiot. as soon as i post that i try it again and it works
Aether
10/23/09 3:45:16AM
I'm picking Machida, but I'm definitely rooting for Shogun to win. One of my favourite fighters, and I always said all he needed was his cardio back. Even if he is in top form he's going to have a tough fight with Machida though.