After "dark days" of career, UFC 104's Shogun Rua doesn't care what you think » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After "dark days" of career, UFC 104's Shogun Rua doesn't care what you think
10/22/09 3:03:45PM
LOS ANGELES – For a man who not too long ago was widely considered the best light heavyweight fighter in the world, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (18-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) isn't being given much of a chance in his UFC title bout with current champ Lyoto Machida (15-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC).

But as the all-Brazilian main event of Saturday's "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun" pay-per-view card nears, Rua has a simple message for those who may doubt him: Don't believe the hype.

"I don't care really about the criticism and all that talk," Rua told ( through his manager, Eduardo Alonso. "Whatever people want to say, they're entitled to their opinions. It's a matter of me taking care of what I say and what I do and showing my work."

10/22/09 3:05:52PM
I believe in you Shogun
10/22/09 3:26:02PM
I love Shogun, man! Healthy he's without doubt a top 3 LHW, but his fighting style doesn't play to well against arguably the best counter striker in the business.
Shogun is a legit threat to Machida and I believe his biggest test to date especially if he's fully recovered from his surgeries. The winner of this I personally think is the best LHW in the world hands down.
10/22/09 4:39:31PM
I wouldn't care what people think either if I were Shogun
10/22/09 5:01:44PM
I cant get to the link...its too close to your accolades.
10/22/09 5:02:42PM
nevermind im an idiot. as soon as i post that i try it again and it works
10/23/09 3:45:16AM
I'm picking Machida, but I'm definitely rooting for Shogun to win. One of my favourite fighters, and I always said all he needed was his cardio back. Even if he is in top form he's going to have a tough fight with Machida though.