Danny boy going the way of CC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Danny boy going the way of CC?
babytater03
3/21/08 1:41:20PM
I'm SURE that this has already been discussed at length, however my short search i couldn't find a straight answer.

Will Dan Henderson be fighting in the UFC again? Or will the CC factor get on him and he be 'let go' of his contract for 2 straight loses?

Anyone have any news on when he might be coming back?
Violence108
3/21/08 1:54:35PM
i dont have any news but i think he will be back. Dan lost to 2 champs, and CC lost to GG and Kongo(who just lost to Heath Herring)Dan can come back and be successful in the UFC i think
wolfman
3/21/08 1:57:11PM
I don't have any sources to back this up, but I have heard rumors that he is in fact staying in the UFC and will continue to fight at MW.
Mayhem13
3/21/08 2:19:56PM
I think he will stay.

but if he has that 2 fights lost in a row clause that mirko did..

i would love to see him join the MWGP in Dream and then come abck afterwards
bullettdodger
3/21/08 3:00:58PM
Completely different and incomparable situations and circumstances that only share two losses. Dan will be back!
wolfman
3/21/08 3:03:06PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Completely different and incomparable situations and circumstances that only share two losses. Dan will be back!

pv3Hpv3p
3/21/08 4:07:30PM
I think in Dan's case, he lost to two of the most dominant champions around... not much shame in that, IMO
DevonFoxy
3/21/08 4:31:43PM
I really wish he would go back to the LHW division as he almost beat Rampage (personally I thought he did.) And the Anderson fight he dominated the first round. That kick that landed on Dan was pretty wierd as well if you look at it I mean really weird how it landed so I think if he stayed at MW he'd do just fine as well and could very possibly defeat Anderson.

I'm pretty sure i remember him saying he'll be back and hes comfortable at MW so I have no doubt he'll be back fighting in the UFC as he loves it there and i believe he is under contract for at least one more fight.I agree with consensus though and they are completely diff. situations with CC and Hendo.
casey64
3/21/08 5:02:43PM
He should stay
seanfu
3/21/08 6:00:26PM
Hendo is my favorite fighter since about early 2007. I acknowlage, however, that he is a terrible cagefighter. He is a great ringfighter for some reason, but if you look at his early UFC wins they weren't impressive wins. He almost got KO'd against Newton.

Same with CroCop and all the Muay Thai BJJ style/ Vale Tudo style fighters out there. The Cage is just different. If you ask me, the only reason Nogueria is champ is because Heavyweight is so pathetic.Talented yes but the sty;es just clash.
NatedawgThaM
3/21/08 7:24:03PM
It would be retarded if he left just because he lost to Rampage and Anderson. The #1 & #2 Pound 4 Pound best in the world!!!

This guy would beat every other MW, and the only LHW he'd have a problem with besides Rampage is Machida because he gives everybody problems, that slick mofo. Yes, I am a big Thiago fan, but even Dan would probably beat him.

Dan is a monster the #2 MW and LHW. He put up the best fight against either champion while they have been champion even though Rampage has only had one defense, I still think he won't have the same trouble with Forrest he had with Dan, since Dan > Forrest IMO. UFC KEEP HIM!!!

So no, Cro Cop loss to B level fighters. Dan's losing to the best. Cro Cop just needed to get use to the cage and get his mind right. Dan just needed a warm up fight and not get thrown into the fire so god dang fast.
ICSlegend
3/21/08 8:27:18PM
I think he mentioned he wanted to fight Rich Franklin next in one of his latest interview.

And yeah, COMPLETELY different situation with CC, don't know why people would bring that up.

And I think Dan is past his prime anyway, but looks like that's just me around here.
tylerlee123
3/21/08 10:30:39PM
Henderson will definately be back
bls1919
3/21/08 11:21:39PM
I cant put the two in the same boat. CC lost to Gonzaga, Kongo
Hendo lost to the best P4P fighter in the world, and Rampage who i could put in the top 5 P4P I think Hendo will bounce back and make another run at the title.
prozacnation1978
3/22/08 11:56:27AM
i just hope he doesn't pull a cro cop!!!
but with dream being the new pride it looks like, i would not be surprised if alot of these pride castaways leave the ufc and go back to japan
ICSlegend
3/22/08 3:39:17PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i just hope he doesn't pull a cro cop!!!
but with dream being the new pride it looks like, i would not be surprised if alot of these pride castaways leave the ufc and go back to japan

Yeah, CC that coward going to DREAM to fight scrubs like Sergei and Fedor, shame on him!
jgtribbett
3/23/08 2:57:52PM
h3'll be back.. but if i were him i'd get out while i was on top.. he's the only mantoholdtwo major titles at the same time. put him in some MMA Hall of Fame and let him commentate.. he's pretty funny haha.
hodge
3/25/08 9:32:40AM
I dont know you cant really compare him to CC for instance CC lost to Gabe Gonzaga and Cheik Congo who arnt the best lets be fair, wheras Dan has lost too probably the best two fighters in the world right now Jackson and Silva i think the UFC will probably feed him a few easy fights and get his name back too the top.