Daniel Cormier has undergone surgery and is already looking toward his next bout.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Daniel Cormier has undergone surgery and is already looking toward his next bout.
sparky
5/31/12 11:48:18AM
After breaking his hand in his Strikeforce grand prix win over Josh Barnett, Daniel Cormier has undergone surgery and is already looking toward his next bout.

“I had the surgery on Monday,” Cormier told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “[Thursday] I go in and see my doctor, get my splint off and then I can start rehab and start preparing to fight again. He’s telling me now that in six weeks I can start punching again, but as early as Monday I can start grappling and running and everything. I’m going to try to stay in shape, and in six weeks hopefully start getting ready for a fight some time in the fall.”

Cormier first broke his hand in the grand prix semifinals against Antonio Silva. He chose not to have surgery then, but after beating Barnett and with a move to the UFC on the horizon, he elected to fix the hand this time

Link
Bubbles
5/31/12 5:11:42PM
have him fight Werdum/Russow winner
KungFuMaster
5/31/12 5:21:02PM
As long as Cormier saves Carwin for Hunt - I'm happy.
george112
5/31/12 6:25:07PM
I hope he comes into the UFC with some respect for their heavies.

Even the lesser big names are in the UFC for a reason.
If he stays humble and dedicates himself he should make a few waves

Hopefully he rehabs the right way
TeamDEY
5/31/12 7:05:27PM
I would love to see Cormier vs Dos Santos.
tcunningham
6/1/12 1:12:11AM
he's a wild card IMO. he's got great hand speed and obviously has KO power. pair it up with one of the very best wrestling pedigrees in the sport, i think the HW div. should keep their eyes on cormier. that slam he got barnett with was absolutly amazing. im on the cormier fan train now