DANG! New Orleans Saints coach, Sean Payton, suspended by the NFL for the ENTIRE 2012 Season.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » DANG! New Orleans Saints coach, Sean Payton, suspended by the NFL for the ENTIRE 2012 Season.
emfleek
3/21/12 1:03:21PM
First it was...

...and now he's in trouble for...

LINK

This guy really *is* a Saint, isn't he?

Bubbles
3/21/12 1:31:37PM
FlashyG
3/21/12 1:35:12PM
Rather than type it again.

Posted by FlashyG

Payton suspended a year, Williams indefinitely, GM Loomis suspended 8 games, team fined 500k, and forfeit 2nd round picks in both 2012 and 2013

The NFL doesn't mess around when it comes to dicipline.

Theoutlaw08
3/21/12 2:03:02PM
Saints deserve. Someone should get a free shot a Brees too, then everything will be fair.
Poor_Franklin
3/21/12 2:37:52PM
im happy.
Chael_Sonnen
3/21/12 2:40:03PM
National Flag Football League

There's more contact in Pee Wee Football.
BlueSkiesBurn
3/21/12 5:38:58PM
This is absolute fucking garbage and Shockey is a straight up pussified bitch.
Copenhagen
3/21/12 6:05:11PM
We should have recorded other team's practicing instead.
BlueSkiesBurn
3/21/12 6:10:14PM

Posted by Copenhagen

No shit. If anyone should be hammered it should be Gregg Williams. Clearly this is a problem with him and it's followed him around during his tenure in the NFL. I'm not opposed to being stripped of two 2nd round picks, even though I think that's really harsh, but to suspend Loomis, Payton, AND Vitt? That's fucking ridiculous.

There have been plenty of organizations with a plethora of problems and scandals that didn't receive this harsh of a punishment. Where was Fidel Goodell's iron fist during Spygate? I didn't see this sort of punishment meted out to Dan Snyder's Redskins when Williams was accused of doing this there.

Fuck Goodell. Fuck Shockey. And fuck Gregg Williams. If nothing else for not keeping this more quiet.
Theoutlaw08
3/21/12 6:23:31PM
Apparently there is more contact in pee wee soccer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/hong-kong-10-old-arrested-violent-youth-soccer-184746406.html
BuffaloDave
3/21/12 8:13:27PM
Payton and Vitt aren't innocent like they claimed and were portrayed

Link to report from NFL
Bubbles
3/21/12 11:06:07PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Copenhagen

Where was Fidel Goodell's iron fist during Spygate?

Tom Brady is their golden boy and pretty boy. Only reason for it
Poor_Franklin
3/22/12 5:21:27AM
all about them lawsuits. nfl trying to make it appear that they care.

edit: but i do find it funny

I'm a Cowboys fan. I catch shit daily. If this had happened to my team, every single person i know, including all these new "Die-Hard" Saints fans in the South, would give me shit about it forever.
Saints fans used to be humble & hopeful. They win one championship & act as though they are the best team ever & should expect championships yearly.
cowcatcher
3/22/12 8:19:19AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I'm a Cowboys fan. I catch shit daily. If this had happened to my team, every single person i know, including all these new "Die-Hard" Saints fans in the South, would give me shit about it forever.
Saints fans used to be humble & hopeful. They win one championship & act as though they are the best team ever & should expect championships yearly.

The Saints didn't used to have fans outside of the bayou. Win a title and suddenly people give a shit, have a few losing seasons and they will find another team's bandwagon. That's why I have a really hard time believing someone is a real fan when they cheer for a team that isn't from their hometown/state/is close in proximity to them. If you cheer for a team across the country more often than not you don't know what true blue is other than a Madonna song, and you more than likely listen to it on a regular basis.
emfleek
3/22/12 8:58:21AM

Posted by cowcatcher

The Saints didn't used to have fans outside of the bayou. Win a title and suddenly people give a shit, have a few losing seasons and they will find another team's bandwagon. That's why I have a really hard time believing someone is a real fan when they cheer for a team that isn't from their hometown/state/is close in proximity to them. If you cheer for a team across the country more often than not you don't know what true blue is other than a Madonna song, and you more than likely listen to it on a regular basis.

100% agree. There are, of course, exceptions but I'd say it's around an 80/20 split.

It's going to happen here in Indiana, too. Peyton's gone so Denver fans are going to start sprouting up. Just yesterday I passed 3 cars on my way in to work that were already sporting Denver decals/stickers.
Bubbles
3/22/12 12:15:53PM
its more of the younger generation who bandwagon teams. I know a good number of people around my age (23) who are fans of the Broncos (since Elway), Packers, Steelers, Patriots (pure bandwagon), Colts, Cowboys, Giants, and Dolphins...they all have around the same number of "fans." Buffalo I guess is our adopted home team but there aren't as many Bills fans here as you would think.
Shawn91111
3/24/12 7:17:49PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I dont 100% buy this, sure as a lifelong Yankee fan I have seen a number of bandwagon fans jump on when they started their recent championships back in the late 90's. But I am a die hard Detroit Pistons fan from NY, never been to a Detroit home game but I started watching them in 85' because Bill Laimbeer was my favorite player. All fans start somewhere, its how they continue when a team is at its darkest days is what makes them a fan I guess.
warglory
3/25/12 4:18:16PM

Posted by Bubbles

its more of the younger generation who bandwagon teams. I know a good number of people around my age (23) who are fans of the Broncos (since Elway), Packers, Steelers, Patriots (pure bandwagon), Colts, Cowboys, Giants, and Dolphins...they all have around the same number of "fans." Buffalo I guess is our adopted home team but there aren't as many Bills fans here as you would think.

Patriots fans are pure bandwagon? Have you ever been to New England? It's only been within the last 15 or so years we've won any kind of championship, yet New England has an insane sports fan base, and always has. I hope you don't say that about Red Sox fans too.
Bubbles
3/25/12 8:22:10PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Bubbles

Patriots fans are pure bandwagon? Have you ever been to New England? It's only been within the last 15 or so years we've won any kind of championship, yet New England has an insane sports fan base, and always has. I hope you don't say that about Red Sox fans too.

You should add the Bruins and Celtics to that list too lol

But seriously, I was referring to the area around where I live, not the actual home area of the team. I don't know anyone who lives in New England. The Pats fans that I know have been a fan since their 2nd Superbowl win, aka bandwagon. I only know of one Red Sox fan and he was a fan before 2004.
warglory
3/25/12 8:37:54PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

Posted by Bubbles

You should add the Bruins and Celtics to that list too lol

But seriously, I was referring to the area around where I live, not the actual home area of the team. I don't know anyone who lives in New England. The Pats fans that I know have been a fan since their 2nd Superbowl win, aka bandwagon. I only know of one Red Sox fan and he was a fan before 2004.

haha alright, I'll give you that.
Shawn91111
3/25/12 10:31:54PM
There are no decent Red Sox fans. They all suck the same
cowcatcher
3/26/12 9:24:01AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I dont 100% buy this, sure as a lifelong Yankee fan I have seen a number of bandwagon fans jump on when they started their recent championships back in the late 90's. But I am a die hard Detroit Pistons fan from NY, never been to a Detroit home game but I started watching them in 85' because Bill Laimbeer was my favorite player. All fans start somewhere, its how they continue when a team is at its darkest days is what makes them a fan I guess.

Of course there are exceptions to that Shawn, and I know you're a sports fan so you aren't one of the people I was talking about. I should have mentioned that it's not a 100% of the time thing somewhere in there, because rereading what I wrote comes off as dickish to anyone that cheers for a team outside of their area code. Let me just say that I think a great majority of people that are "fans" of teams that are nowhere near their hometown, are generally bandwagon jumpers and won't be around in the dark times and rebuilding years.

I've been a Packers fan since I was a little kid. I grew up watching and cheering for some terrible teams, and I remember hearing "The Packers suck!" all the time. Suddenly the Pack starts winning and now every Holly Homemaker, and Johnny Dipshit is suddenly a huge Packer fan and live and die with every play. These are the same idiots that said "The Packers suck!" a few years earlier and weren't watching the games until there was a buzz around the team. The point is, there are idiot "fans" in the home team's area too, and they are just as bad as any bandwagon jumper from across the country, but they certainly are more believable fans to an outsider because they are cheering for the "local" team.

I guess what I'm saying in the end is that I hate all sports fans except for me.
Kpro
3/26/12 10:47:37AM
I wish I was a bandwagon-jumping fan, it sounds absolutely awesome.

Instead I've spent over a quarter century rooting for the Seahawks, Mariners, (at the time) Sonics, and UW Huskies. I've only been alive for one team winning it all and that was my UW Huskies football team when I was 8 and I was too young to get hammered, other than on uncertain terms, I put gin in my milk to kill all the germs.

I think I have many years to go before I'll get a National Championship/Super Bowl/World Series. I should start watching the WNBA to expand my options but I imagine even the fan celebrations look like they're happening underwater.

Maybe I should start a poll for a second team I should root for in baseball and/or football so that I can have something to celebrate.
warglory
3/26/12 11:06:11AM

Posted by Shawn91111

There are no decent Red Sox fans. They all suck the same

You know, I am not a baseball fan at all, but I can say there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing every Red Sox and Yankees fan go at it in a bar room brawl. hehehe
Bubbles
3/26/12 12:28:51PM

Posted by Kpro

I wish I was a bandwagon-jumping fan, it sounds absolutely awesome.

Instead I've spent over a quarter century rooting for the Seahawks, Mariners, (at the time) Sonics, and UW Huskies. I've only been alive for one team winning it all and that was my UW Huskies football team when I was 8 and I was too young to get hammered, other than on uncertain terms, I put gin in my milk to kill all the germs.

I think I have many years to go before I'll get a National Championship/Super Bowl/World Series. I should start watching the WNBA to expand my options but I imagine even the fan celebrations look like they're happening underwater.

Maybe I should start a poll for a second team I should root for in baseball and/or football so that I can have something to celebrate.

well technically the Thunder are the Sonics and they have a chance to win it all this year and years to come

as a Mariners fan, you got to watch the best player in the game play in his prime for many years. Add in a pre-juicing A-rod, Randy Johnson and Edgar Martinez and you witnessed a record breaking season.

I'd rather be a Seahawks fan than a Bills fan (which I am) over the past decade. You have seen playoff games and even went to the Superbowl! But you can join me on the Ravens bandwagon come playoff time lol

Maybe Seattle will get a hockey team in a couple years...but until then you have the Canucks who are (again) cup contenders - start cheering for them, and if they lose just join the riot