Dana White Wants 250 Wanderlei Silvas

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Wants 250 Wanderlei Silvas
DCRage
5/9/08 1:34:27PM
Or guys like him, at least. In a recent interview, Dana put "The Axe Murderer" over and indicated that it won't matter if he keeps losing (Wandy's lost 3 straight overall) because he always puts on a show for the fans.

Article
MMAcca
5/9/08 1:48:44PM
And Travis Lutter doesn't........
Twenty20Dollars
5/9/08 2:09:41PM
hells yeah! 250 mother fuckas like that would be insane.
bustin_mma
5/9/08 2:10:40PM
i also wish dana had 250 wanderlei's, they should clone him!
Snake
5/9/08 2:17:28PM
Wandy should start hitting the Taco Bell to bulk up in the gut region to compete in the HW division. but he'd have to watch out for Kimbo acosting him in the parking lot.
MMAcca
5/9/08 2:22:25PM
Wandy Vs Wandy headlining every UFC card would soon get boring though.......
bullettdodger
5/9/08 2:32:19PM

Posted by MMAcca

but the undercard is wandy vs wandy, its totally worth it!
jiujitsufreak74
5/9/08 2:41:06PM

Posted by MMAcca

to answer your question...No. Wandy gives it 110% and Lutter just gasses out after the 1st. Wandy is always fighting like its his last time and always makes for an exciting fight. i'm glad to hear this from Dana...

WAR WANDY!!!
MMAcca
5/9/08 3:17:26PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by MMAcca

to answer your question...No. Wandy gives it 110% and Lutter just gasses out after the 1st. Wandy is always fighting like its his last time and always makes for an exciting fight. i'm glad to hear this from Dana...

WAR WANDY!!!

As if.....Tell me the last time Lutter gassed in a fight!

Go on....
jiujitsufreak74
5/9/08 3:27:54PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by MMAcca

WAR WANDY!!!

Go on....

your obviously being sarcastic, but just in case...

he gassed against Franklin, and before that he gassed against Silva. so in both of his last 2 fights he gassed. Not to mention against Trevor Prangley he looked worn out.
prozacnation1978
5/9/08 7:30:25PM
i want 250 blondes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben_Hutch
5/9/08 7:54:28PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by MMAcca

WAR WANDY!!!

Go on....

he gassed against Franklin, and before that he gassed against Silva. so in both of his last 2 fights he gassed. Not to mention against Trevor Prangley he looked worn out.

Lutter to me looked in great shape against Franklin, Franklin gassed and that's why Rich got cut from the UFC.
mrsmiley
5/9/08 9:18:51PM
I'm glad to hear that.IMO,a good fighter who always comes out giving it his all,who is willing to take chances,is worth more than an over cautious fighter who will give a boring performance just to ensure a victory.
Rush
5/9/08 9:30:21PM
Ha, this is a laugh. I recall Dana saying he didn't want Wanderlei to fight Chuck after his loss to CroCop. Now that he is in the UFC he is saying the opposite.
juanez13
5/9/08 9:33:58PM

Posted by Rush

Ha, this is a laugh. I recall Dana saying he didn't want Wanderlei to fight Chuck after his loss to CroCop. Now that he is in the UFC he is saying the opposite.

True...I bet his thoughts on Fedor would change alot if he ever signed with the UFC....but i dont blame him either, he is trying to "protect" the UFC and thats his Job as the president, wouldnt make alot of sense to talk highly of fighters outside the UFC.
Rush
5/9/08 9:43:02PM

Posted by juanez13

True...I bet his thoughts on Fedor would change alot if he ever signed with the UFC....but i dont blame him either, he is trying to "protect" the UFC and thats his Job as the president, wouldnt make alot of sense to talk highly of fighters outside the UFC.

I don't think it would be a bad thing to praise fighters outside the UFC. When I see him trashing fighters that are not in the UFC, but they are skilled fighters, it really makes me question what he considers to be a good fighter. And the only answer I come up with is that "they are in the UFC"
MMAcca
5/10/08 2:44:22AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by MMAcca

WAR WANDY!!!

Go on....

Yep
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/10/08 12:30:51PM

Posted by MMAcca

could u imagine all the awesome fights?

i dont even know who i'd pull for
mrsmiley
5/10/08 2:31:34PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by juanez13

I don't think it would be a bad thing to praise fighters outside the UFC. When I see him trashing fighters that are not in the UFC, but they are skilled fighters, it really makes me question what he considers to be a good fighter. And the only answer I come up with is that "they are in the UFC"

I pretty much agree with what Joe Rogan said.Dana is a business man,and he's not gonna hype fighters under a different banner.He even mentioned Wanderlei,and how Dana somewhat bashed him,but once he did sign with the UFC Dana hyped him back up.Take Fedor for example.If he was to sign with the UFC ,the hype Dana would put behind him would be huge. But until that day happens,the best were ever gonna get out of Dana is; "Fedor is top five".And that alone is a huge compliment.
GrandMaster313
5/11/08 1:35:50AM
hell these days i would just settle for 250 bucks!!!