Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 1
BrutalKnockOut
4/14/09 3:22:41PM
Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 1

Check out what Dana White has to say in the first video blog since the last fiasco! He makes sure to send a message to the fans in this one, give it a look!
Bowen50
4/14/09 3:30:51PM
wapttn
4/14/09 3:48:43PM
Nutso... I actually really liked the video blogs. Ya Dana cusses a lot, but his honesty and passion are something thats very unique to a person in his position and it was very refreshing if nothing else. I suspect that this is in reaction to the 'fag gate'. He simply doesn't want have a camera follow him around behind the scenes and asking him about interesting topics if he's not allowed to be himself. It's funny that he's perfectly allowed to be himself, cus, drop what ever type of f-bomb he chooses when he's off the air... but as soon as he's doin in it the video blogs (which are supposed to be personal and not commercialized), disgruntled sects of the media get on his ass about it.

I would've been more accepting of GLAAD's response had dana dropped the f-bomb on ufc primetime, but this was a videoblog. Whatever happened to freedom of speech and freedom of expression? Dana White said nothing derogatory to the gay community... what he did was rip into a hack reporter for writing a biased article with half the facts using a lot of common, ambiguous North American slang.... and now because there are groups out there who are so desperate to put the spotlight on themselves and their own causes, and to do so will claim disrespect and disregard when anybody with power or fame comes within 100 feet of their cause.... we now have no more video blogs.

Probably a smart move on Dana's part, but it still bugs the hell outta me
cloud301336
4/14/09 4:28:15PM
: X

lol
sclasclemski
4/14/09 5:05:03PM
I hope he keeps going...they are great look behind the scenes...he just needs to use a little common sense and know when to shut up
grappler0000
4/14/09 5:40:21PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I hope he keeps going...they are great look behind the scenes...he just needs to use a little common sense and know when to shut up

my question is...who decided that piece would make it to the blog? anybody that watched the blog knew what would happen, so why didn't the editor?
Darnok
4/14/09 7:04:58PM
Dana's blogs are awesome, I sure hope he keeps going.
kaduey
4/14/09 7:35:32PM
Dana is my hero
SpiderSilva
4/14/09 8:53:36PM
I'm sure Dana has the final say before any blog goes out even more when its based on him he wanted the person to know how he felt and let the world know
sclasclemski
4/14/09 9:08:30PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by sclasclemski

my question is...who decided that piece would make it to the blog? anybody that watched the blog knew what would happen, so why didn't the editor?

His ego is probably what got that blog out there...his need to verbally berate his "attackers"
WheelchairBandit
4/14/09 9:11:24PM

Posted by wapttn
I would've been more accepting of GLAAD's response had dana dropped the f-bomb on ufc primetime, but this was a videoblog. Whatever happened to freedom of speech and freedom of expression? Dana White said nothing derogatory to the gay community... what he did was rip into a hack reporter for writing a biased article with half the facts using a lot of common, ambiguous North American slang.... and now because there are groups out there who are so desperate to put the spotlight on themselves and their own causes, and to do so will claim disrespect and disregard when anybody with power or fame comes within 100 feet of their cause.... we now have no more video blogs.

That's why Dana was wearing the duct tape across his mouth.He was making a statement.Now he can't even say what he wants on his own private video blog.

These groups search out every media source of any kind and pick it apart word for word searching for something offensive.Someone doesn't call them up and say,"Hey,this is offensive!"No,they go search for it and in 99.999% of cases they make a mountain out of a mole hill.They searched out Dana's blog and went after him.Someone didn't call in a complaint on him.

Some people just don't have anything better to do with their time I guess.Instead of searching the internet and the airwaves trying to find if Dana White or Rush Limbaugh or Mel Gibson said something they might be able to interpet as offensive,why don't they just kick back and watch some MMA??

WB.
finnish_line
4/15/09 9:07:14AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by sclasclemski

I think the insanely small amount of sleep Dana and his crew get is mostly to blame for it not getting cut.