Dana White: Tito Ortiz Is a “Complete and Total Moron”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Tito Ortiz Is a “Complete and Total Moron”
buckndro
6/29/07 5:07:07PM
UFC veteran Tito Ortiz is complaining that the organization isn’t promoting him properly, and as expected, UFC president Dana White didn’t take too kindly to the accusation.

The former UFC champ and the organization’s head honcho recently opened up to Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports.

As Ortiz prepares for next weekend’s UFC 73 main-card bout with rising light heavyweight contender Rashad Evans, he says the organization isn’t giving him the exposure he deserves. In fact, Ortiz says the slights are intentional and a way to drive down his price come contract-renegotiation time.

White says the accusations are laughable.

From Yahoo! Sports :-

“There’s a billboard of his big ugly gorilla face at the busiest point in Las Vegas,” White said, “where it can scare kids who are riding by in their cars. Guess whose ugly head is on our billboard in Times Square?

“He’s a moron: A complete and total moron. His whole career, he’s stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime. I’m sick of him. It’s time he started beating up someone other than a nearly 50-year-old Ken Shamrock.“

White also said the UFC has an ad set to run in USA Today on July 6 which has a picture of the lightweight and middleweight title belts that are up for stake at UFC 73 on the top half of the ad and has Ortiz’ and Evans’ faces on the bottom of it.

“Does that sound to you like we’re ignoring him or not promoting him?” White said. “I’ll tell you what it is, it’s more proof, as if anybody needed any, that Tito is a moron.“ -

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva faces Nate Marquardt in next weekend’s main event, and lightweight champion Sean Sherk takes on Hermes Franca in a second title fight. However, as White mentioned, the Ortiz-Evans fight is getting a big part of the spotlight — especially for a non-title/non-main-event fight.

In fact, when you head to the official Web site for UFC 73 (73.ufc.com), it’s Ortiz and Evans — not next weekend’s title-fight competitors — who get top billing.

Despite the war of worlds, White did mention during yesterday’s UFC 73 media conference call that he expects Ortiz and the UFC to come to terms on a new contract. But Ortiz, who has two fights remaining on his current deal, hasn’t sounded as optimistic in recent interviews.

Next weekend’s UFC 73 event takes place at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, Calif. and airs on pay-per-view.

Read Full Story here at Yahoo Sports

Source : ufcjunkie.com
Signal2112
6/29/07 5:13:49PM
For once, Dana seems to be right on the money.
silverbullet
6/29/07 5:25:51PM
I'd love to see Rashad smash his face in
jdubs
6/29/07 5:38:33PM
funny for dana to tal about someones ugly head
TOMMYAYO05
6/29/07 5:42:11PM
Dana needs Tito Ortiz theres fans out there likemyself who if Tito leaves were going to watch him no matter what cuz Tito fans are the most dedicated,especially in Cali.
Signal2112
6/29/07 5:59:07PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Tito fans are the most dedicated

Wait, I thought James Thompson's fans were the most dedicated!
TOMMYAYO05
6/29/07 6:13:50PM
James who????
Aether
6/29/07 6:24:20PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Dana needs Tito Ortiz theres fans out there likemyself who if Tito leaves were going to watch him no matter what cuz Tito fans are the most dedicated,especially in Cali.

I guarantee you that the UFC does NOT need Tito Ortiz. You're right he is a popular fighter with a lot of fans, but there are plenty of fighters who are better AND more popular than him, and plenty of fighters the UFC can promote to make popular. The sport has so many amazing fighters and amazing shows... You're really fooling yourself if you think the UFC dropping this loudmouth would make that big of a difference.
TOMMYAYO05
6/29/07 6:27:14PM
AHAHAHA thats why when they went to the pond last year the card was weak and he sold the biggest venue to that date out.yeah but i agree there is many good ufc fighters they can promote but titos fans love that he is loud and arrogant and cocky hes the best at it.
kingkicker
6/29/07 9:44:24PM
Tito is too woried about $$$$ and he'll not be ready mentally for rashad
blowe1983
6/29/07 10:23:45PM
like i have always said titos a bum. i really dont even have to say anything because he does it himself. hes just another person that makes this sport look like a joke. he needs to go to boxing where everybody is a greedy bastard maybe he will be more accepted over there. and im gonna laugh when rashad shuts his bitch ass up. somehow i doubt that will even do the trick
Therion
6/29/07 10:25:36PM
Ortiz is not only a moron but he's also done
TOMMYAYO05
6/29/07 10:52:20PM
Wow u guys are all haterz but Tito is gonna kill Rashad then hes gonna get hisbelt back.no one realizes he has the best ground and pound in mma history but thats cuz you guys are ignorant.
tmas
6/30/07 3:00:04AM
im a giant freaking Tito fan but i am also a giant freaking Rashad Fan, this fight is great i think, i get to see two of my fav fighters battle it out, the winner to more than likely will end up fighting AnOTHEr of my favs for the title!!!!.....

Well FOR ONCE Dana does have a good point, Tito is getting a lot of the hype, i also think tito has a point though, i never see Tito on TV like some of the others, with commercials that are done through the UFC etc.

They both have good points, and thats whats gonna cause drama both know they are right......
4malcolm5
6/30/07 4:19:30AM
tito won't fight rampage as they are good mates. if Henderson does get the belt tito still won't fight for the belt, if he did he would get his ass kicked by either guy.
Signal2112
6/30/07 8:38:49AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Wow u guys are all haterz but Tito is gonna kill Rashad then hes gonna get hisbelt back.no one realizes he has the best ground and pound in mma history but thats cuz you guys are ignorant.

I've never seen him even come close to touching the ground and pound games of Mark Coleman and Fedor. I really don't think he'll get that belt back. But then, what woul I know, I'm just one of the "haterz" apparently!
blowe1983
6/30/07 9:06:56PM
if he does beat rashad which he wont he wont get the title shot ppl he just had one especially with all of these lightheavies coming over. tito might get another one with his last fight on his contract if he can win out but i really doubt it.
Lord_Lenny
6/30/07 10:51:21PM
Wow you people sure like to deal in definites. wtf do you know whether or not he'll not win, or be never champion again. Not once have i said that Rashad has no chance, because he does (but you guys give him a bigger chance than he deserves though). Truth is that so many of you want to see Tito lose, that you've made Rashad out to be waaay better than he actually is. I hope Tito walks through Rashad and then regains the title just to shut up the haters. Im not saying that will happen for sure because no one knows that.

I am just extremely tired of these unintelligent posts. I miss the threads of Chuck Vs. Rampage, where we all broke down their skill sets, said what each fighter needed to do to win. But it seems lately, you are all judging the fights by your personal opinions of the fighters. I have always been a huge Ortiz fan, but even i can set my judgement of each fighter aside and analyze their true skills.
CincySaint
7/1/07 11:50:45AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Dana White needs Tito like he needs a third nipple. Why would the UFC need Tito? Tito isn't even in the top 10 UFC stars! You Tito fans can enjoy watching him in the WEC or in Pride where he might actually contend for a title.
cmill21
7/1/07 12:03:13PM
I don't see tito winning. His GnP isn't close to the best in mma history, alot of the guys in PRIDE have better GnP's because they all seem to be able to sit up and throw without getting pulled down, they also dive over guards, tito doesn't. He's a good fighter, he made it to the UFC he WAS the champ, rashad's younger, stronger, and if he beats tito he's a star, so he has more incentive, do you think tito thinks he's getting a shot if he beats rashad? He better be smart enough to know he's going through shogun and chuck before he get's a shot. I see a passing of the torch in this one, Rashad by round 2 tko.
blowe1983
7/1/07 1:08:29PM
look the best of tito's ground and pound that we all have seen lately was against shamrock!! come on!! oh wow now theres a big acomplishment. and he didnt do crap against forrest outside the first round and well we all saw what happened with liddell. to state that tito is still on top and will be is rediculous. we dont have to break down their skills. tito has ground and pound and thats it. his stand up is average at best. nothing special. and well rashad is undefeated and making a run at the title. titos already been down that road and has been trying to get back up there since he started fighting in the ufc again. and when he got there he got dominated. hes aging and he uses his mouth more than his fist. hes done and if its not rashad it'll be somebody else. so to the ppl that still think tito still has his belt get off the train.
blowe1983
7/1/07 1:16:19PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Wow you people sure like to deal in definites. wtf do you know whether or not he'll not win, or be never champion again. Not once have i said that Rashad has no chance, because he does (but you guys give him a bigger chance than he deserves though). Truth is that so many of you want to see Tito lose, that you've made Rashad out to be waaay better than he actually is. I hope Tito walks through Rashad and then regains the title just to shut up the haters. Im not saying that will happen for sure because no one knows that.

I am just extremely tired of these unintelligent posts. I miss the threads of Chuck Vs. Rampage, where we all broke down their skill sets, said what each fighter needed to do to win. But it seems lately, you are all judging the fights by your personal opinions of the fighters. I have always been a huge Ortiz fan, but even i can set my judgement of each fighter aside and analyze their true skills.

this post altogether was unintelligent. if you miss those "threads" you're talking about then why dont you post one. and our personal opinions? our opinions are based on what we see and have seen in the fighters. the fact that you think were saying tito is gonna lose because of things outside of fighting is rediculous and i dont think ppl wanting tito to loose has anything to do with making rashad "better" than he actually is. give me a break man your post as a whole was ignorant
nastshabast
7/1/07 5:29:26PM
i want to see rashad win and i think he absolutely will or the world will implode
Metafour
7/1/07 8:31:55PM
I don't think that the UFC is going to renew Tito's contract in the future. Dana seems to take business personal and I can sense he's had enough of Tito's antics.
Ravener
7/2/07 2:51:52AM
I would love to see Tito try to play hardball with Dana come this next contract time. If Rashad beats him at 73, Tito will be stuck fighting Elvis Sinosic on the undercard, then we'll really hear him whine about lack of exposure.

Tito is a joke whose skill hasn't kept pace with his mouth for the last 5 years. He'll overestimate his own value to the UFC, and I predict a rude awakening for him. A loud-mouth chump calling out the boss every chance he gets worked great in the WWE when Stone Cold did it, but guess what? It's already been done.
TOMMYAYO05
7/3/07 7:45:43PM

Dana White needs Tito like he needs a third nipple. Why would the UFC need Tito? Tito isn't even in the top 10 UFC stars! You Tito fans can enjoy watching him in the WEC or in Pride where he might actually contend for a title.

wow this guy is a joke Tito is like number one on the fan favorite especially where im from in cali where the biggest fan base is anyway....If Dana does not resign tito he would be making a huge mistake and have to come beg tito backonce again win the sport strts to take a dive,just like when tito got brought back, the sport shot up,u people need to respect tito ortiz he is here to stay.
TOMMYAYO05
7/3/07 7:47:47PM

I've never seen him even come close to touching the ground and pound games of Mark Coleman and Fedor. I really don't think he'll get that belt back. But then, what woul I know, I'm just one of the "haterz" apparently!

oh an i forgot to respond to this joker too,tito is dominant on the ground and fedor yeah is good mark coleman come on guy he is overrated as fedor is,considering Lindland had him until he grabbed the ropes cuz a middleweight was going to beat him.