Dana White: Tito Ortiz Is a “Complete and Total Moron”

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White: Tito Ortiz Is a “Complete and Total Moron”
adamsb
6/29/07 2:35:53PM
UFC veteran Tito Ortiz is complaining that the organization isn’t promoting him properly, and as expected, UFC president Dana White didn’t take too kindly to the accusation.

link
ProfessorChaos
6/29/07 3:01:14PM
As much as I hate everybody hating on Tito... I agree that he is being over promoted for this fight. There are two titles on the line, who cares about Tito ******* Ortiz.

Also Dana White gets too much hate. Imagine Kobe Bryant's response if Jerry Buss called him a moron. Kobe would probably sit out the season. White says what everyone else wants to say, but is to scared to do so.

We need more people who just tell it like it is in sports like Rogan and White.
hippysmacker
6/29/07 3:07:05PM
I think Tito will still resign with the UFC. He makes more money fighting there.
richieb19
6/29/07 3:09:05PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think Tito will still resign with the UFC. He makes more money fighting there.

resign or re-sign?
nubby
6/29/07 3:14:17PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Correction, he made more money there. There is no evidence that Dana will still give him the share of PPV sales as he has done in the past, especially with Tito's loss to Liddell. I have a feeling he might get a sweet deal from Bodog or Elite. But we shall see. Tito's a big draw, Dana should be careful.
mmadb
6/29/07 3:17:48PM
You know I always liked making fun of Tito's giant head but it never really seemed that huge, but the picture in that article is ludicrous. Is his head really that out of proportion?

hippysmacker
6/29/07 3:17:56PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by hippysmacker

resign or re-sign?

Re-sign. I think he makes more money there because he can Promote his clothing line more there than in any other org. If he headlines a card and gets back into title contention then I thinbk he will get PPV bonuses. If not , he may leave, but I think it would only be a sign that he was on the downswing if he did. We will know more after we see how he looks against Rashad.
nubby
6/29/07 3:21:16PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by richieb19

Posted by hippysmacker

resign or re-sign?

Re-sign. I think he makes more money there because he can Promote his clothing line more there than in any other org. If he headlines a card and gets back into title contention then I thinbk he will get PPV bonuses. If not , he may leave, but I think it would only be a sign that he was on the downswing if he did. We will know more after we see how he looks against Rashad.

True dat. If he loses I'm going to cry. My heart will be shattered. I love that a**hole.
mkiv9secsupra
6/29/07 3:23:31PM
i just hope Tito stays around long enough for a Tito/Wandy II match....
nubby
6/29/07 3:25:16PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i just hope Tito stays around long enough for a Tito/Wandy II match....

I wouldn't doubt that would be Tito's last fight with the UFC, especially if he wins against Rashad.
zephead
6/29/07 3:53:26PM
It's all about Tito. They should just have a 24 hour Tito channel called, "All Tito, All the Time." 2 belts all the line when he fights and they aren't promoting him enough.

I'm so tired of his "Poor me" act. Time for the UFC to let Tito move on. Become someone else's headache.
adamsb
6/29/07 3:55:11PM
he is to big of a draw for them to let him go
Piccosaur
6/29/07 3:58:59PM
Tito makes his money from the UFC, the UFC makes money from Tito. I don't see him leaving unless he continues to lose.
zephead
6/29/07 3:59:33PM
With Big Nog in the UFC. Cro Cop. Rampage. Ninja. Talk of Fedor. Chuck. You got Franklin and Hughes. Tito can be pushed aside. After the UFC fans get to watch Henderson, Fedor, Big Nog etc. etc. fight, they'll get really bored with the way Tito fights.
mkiv9secsupra
6/29/07 4:02:45PM

Posted by zephead

With Big Nog in the UFC. Cro Cop. Rampage. Ninja. Talk of Fedor. Chuck. You got Franklin and Hughes. Tito can be pushed aside. After the UFC fans get to watch Henderson, Fedor, Big Nog etc. etc. fight, they'll get really bored with the way Tito fights.

IMHO i think Tito can beat most of the Chuteboxe guys. I dont think you can push aside a guy like that. But only time will tell....

tuvok500
6/29/07 4:45:57PM
tito will pass rashad and after the event dana will look at the money he just make and he will understand that he must keep tito.
nubby
6/29/07 5:18:05PM

Posted by zephead

It's all about Tito. They should just have a 24 hour Tito channel called, "All Tito, All the Time." 2 belts all the line when he fights and they aren't promoting him enough.

I'm so tired of his "Poor me" act. Time for the UFC to let Tito move on. Become someone else's headache.

Is he a headache to you? Do you think he is really that big of a headache to Dana? I don't think Dana loses any sleep over it.
zephead
6/30/07 9:59:58AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by zephead

Is he a headache to you? Do you think he is really that big of a headache to Dana? I don't think Dana loses any sleep over it.

With the way Tito runs his mouth all the time, yes, he is a headache to Dana. All his crying. The boxing match fiasco. The ducking of Chuck. Leaving the UFC and then coming back. Imagine all the behind the scenes antcis he pulls that we never hear about.

Is he a headache for me? No. I ignore him completely. I love watching him lose.
His "Me, me ,me" act does get old