Dana White thinks Fedor Emelianenko will eventually end up in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White thinks Fedor Emelianenko will eventually end up in the UFC
MMAcca
5/29/09 1:24:14AM
“I would never cross-promote. Regarding Fedor, he either wants to come over and fight here or he doesn’t. If he came over and wanted to fight I’d do a deal with him in a minute. You know we’ve been chasing him since we bought Pride. In my opinion, I think it’s going to happen. He’d be crazy not to. I mean, why not? He’ll come over here and make a bunch of money and maybe even win the title and go down in history as the greatest heavyweight ever. The problem is it’s one thing for everyone to say it, I mean I can say, “Brock is the greatest heavyweight ever” but they have got to fight. It’s the only way to find out. We can argue about it all day but in the end you just have got to get out there and fight.”

LINK1

LINK2 (full article)
XblacksheepX
5/29/09 5:36:59AM
If Fedor beats Barnett in August (and i guess so), there's really not much to achieve anymore for him at affliction.
mrsmiley
5/29/09 6:16:50AM

Posted by XblacksheepX

If Fedor beats Barnett in August (and i guess so), there's really not much to achieve anymore for him at affliction.

I think their are still guys out their for him to fight after Barnett,but the list runs thin for sure. Especially in Affliction.

However,when Fedor didn't sign after the PRIDE buyout fans questioned how he would ever fight top talent outside of the UFC.
Since then he's fought both Tim Sylvia and AA. Albeit,it took longer than most would have liked to have waited he still got two high profile fights.

Who knows,we might see other big names in the HW division flock out of the UFC in the coming months or even in the next year or two.
PABLOMAFIOSO
5/29/09 8:37:37AM
I doubt it, Fedor can only take big money fights for so long and be happy not to show his full potential. He IS the best HW out there and in time he will want to show everyone by smashing the UFC division.
sparky
5/29/09 11:02:52AM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

I doubt it, Fedor can only take big money fights for so long and be happy not to show his full potential. He IS the best HW out there and in time he will want to show everyone by smashing the UFC division.

AGREED
McBee
5/29/09 6:24:14PM
Lesner needs a few more years and a lot more BJJ defence training before he should be mentioned in a sentence with Fedor
prozacnation1978
5/29/09 6:52:56PM
dana the ufc makes alot of money just pony up the dough and get him here for a 3 fight deal
i do think he will be in the ufc but not this year and maybe not next year
lll-lll
5/29/09 6:59:45PM
Win or lose vs Barnett and Fedor is already the best HW ever. It isn't even close. Beating Tim and AA in dominate fashion sealed it. He has beaten everyone but Barnett. There is NO ONE who can say that. I don't know if Fedor will come to the UFC or not. I would like to see him come get the recognition in the US that he deserves. He could be a bigger star if he did go to the UFC and dominate.
Pookie
5/29/09 7:41:02PM
Barnett and Overeem are the only fights i really care about anymore.

At that point id like to see Fedor sign, but the UFC may just have to budge on the Sambo.
Aether
5/29/09 8:02:09PM

Posted by Pookie

Barnett and Overeem are the only fights i really care about anymore.

At that point id like to see Fedor sign, but the UFC may just have to budge on the Sambo.

Yeah that's pretty much my dream scenario. If Fedor fought Barnett in July, fought Overeem in a new year's fight with dream for the japanese fans and then moved over to the UFC to face Mir, Lesnar, etc. That would be the ideal course of events, and it seems like it's pretty likely given the competition out there but who knows?
Manfred
5/30/09 9:41:56PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

dana the ufc makes alot of money just pony up the dough and get him here for a 3 fight deal

It's not the $$$$. When they negotiated, Fedor said the UFCs offer was the highest. It was the contract clauses (and the UFCs uwillinngness to even discuss them) that killed the deal according to Fedor
lll-lll
6/3/09 3:19:49AM

Posted by Manfred

It's not the $$$$. When they negotiated, Fedor said the UFCs offer was the highest. It was the contract clauses (and the UFCs uwillinngness to even discuss them) that killed the deal according to Fedor

It isn't just sambo. Fedor is my boy, but his demands are dumb. He wants sambo, to fight anywhere at anytime, a cross promotion in Russia with thE UFC and his people, and a crap load of money. IMO sambo is the least likely thing the UFC would concern themselves with. Fedor is gettign his money and most/all of his demands in Affliction and fighting top talént so I will not be critical, but if he evér has to go to the UFC for competition then he needs to drop all the demands. Some of the tHE UFC would never do for clear reasons.
MMAcca
6/3/09 3:23:08AM

Posted by lll-lll

It isn't just sambo. Fedor is my boy, but his demands are dumb. He wants sambo, to fight anywhere at anytime, a cross promotion in Russia with thE UFC and his people, and a crap load of money. IMO sambo is the least likely thing the UFC would concern themselves with. Fedor is gettign his money and most/all of his demands in Affliction and fighting top talént so I will not be critical, but if he evér has to go to the UFC for competition then he needs to drop all the demands. Some of the tHE UFC would never do for clear reasons.

He needs to go to the UFC after he's fought Barnett (assuming he wins)....
lll-lll
6/3/09 4:15:33AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by lll-lll

He needs to go to the UFC after he's fought Barnett (assuming he wins)....
I think it would bé a very marketable timé for Fedor to go to the UFC. IMO no one there at HW has anythng for him. He kills Mir. Lesnar, Cain, and Shane aren't ready for him. Kongo is one dimensional. Randy is done. They could move Chuck up as a sacrificial lamb. IMO the only real challenges are sitting at 205 in the UFC (Machida, Forrest, Rampage, or maybe Anderson). Even then I give Fedor a major edge against anyone moving out of the comfort zone at 205. If he beats Barnett and comes to the UFC he would easily reel of several wins and dominate the division.
Kpro
6/3/09 5:00:33AM

Posted by lll-lll

Posted by Manfred

I agree, the cross-promotional isht has to go.

If Finkelstein thinks he's going to get a UFC/AMMA co-promoted card in Russia he is insane.