Dana White Talks Strikeforce Debacle

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White Talks Strikeforce Debacle
emfleek
4/19/10 1:18:50PM
"Have you ever seen him do that at one of my shows?" White asked of Nathan Diaz. White said he believes the incident occurred because CBS didn’t align itself with the UFC. He said he had a tentative deal with CBS, but said that Showtime executives talked CBS into buying into the now-defunct Elite XC instead of agreeing to broadcast UFC fights.

The result, White said, was that an inferior product was put on national television. "Of course, everyone thinks I’m anti-competition, but I’m not," White said. "But everyone knows that they didn’t belong on CBS. Even if you’re the biggest UFC hater out there, you know that. Shame on CBS for this. They knew they should have been with us, but they went out and let those Showtime idiots talk them into going with Elite XC.

"Now, they’re stuck with a bush league, C-level promotion that will probably be out of business next month," he added. "And what you saw on Saturday is the kind of thing that happens when you put a product like that on national television."

LINK
runningman08
4/19/10 3:16:12PM
I agree with most of what dana said. The commentators in stikeforce are idiots. The only thing i think dana should do is let Nate go. Nate doesn't do that in the UFC because things in UFC are watched a little closer but when Nate goes to another company to corner someone he is representing the UFC because he is a UFC fighter and it doesn't matter were hes at. Nate isn't a contender anyway so the only reason they keep him around is because he is one of their TUF poster boys. Everyone knows that the diaz brothers are punks and Nate is really only know because of his brother who actually is a good fight. Nate is just mid level in my opinion. Great ground game but as for being well rounded no. Anybody in MMA can say they are a good striker until they actually fight someone who is a good striker and nate hasn't done that yet. I dont usually hate on fighters but i dont like when guys are put at a higher level then were they really are at.
moob
4/19/10 3:24:12PM
One day, maybe, Dana will say something constructive in relation to a rival organisation.

Or maybe not.
CwB
4/19/10 3:41:56PM
Ha, I entered this thread expecting to see Dana's thoughts about the post fight brawl. Instead 95% of his quote is slamming SF/CBS decisions and promoting UFC.

Dana should pursue a career in politics, he's already a pro at dodging questions and pushing his own recycled agenda and thats 90% of politics right there.
TimW001
4/19/10 5:31:04PM
Why didn't someone ask him what he thought of Jake Shields? I knew what Dana would say about SF.
BustedKnuckle
4/19/10 7:31:40PM
I agree with Dana for once. CBS is at fault here just as much as the gracie crew. They had no control over the cage after the fight, and what happened was very avoidable.
Rush
4/19/10 11:43:56PM

Posted by TimW001

Why didn't someone ask him what he thought of Jake Shields? I knew what Dana would say about SF.

Maybe because he would be banned for fighter bashing.
prozacnation1978
4/20/10 11:54:03AM
Why should nate diaz be cut or punished by the ufc?? Its not
Like he did this in their promotion if anything dana might give
Him a bonus for help destroying strikeforce