Dana White Talks About the End of Strikeforce – “I’m So Glad It’s Over”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Talks About the End of Strikeforce – “I’m So Glad It’s Over”
grappler0000
12/28/12 10:50:30AM
The long, slow painful death of Strikeforce will finally come to an end on Jan. 12, and UFC President Dana White is glad the whole ordeal is coming to a close.

When Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC, first purchased Strikeforce there were high hopes to keep the promotion running as a sister organization with fight cards airing on Showtime, and a completely separate roster of fighters.

Unfortunately a rough relationship with Showtime never got smoother, and Dana White’s hopes to influence and build the promotion just did not come to fruition. Now the former San Jose based promotion will soon land in the organizational graveyard alongside Pride Fighting Championships, and many others that couldn’t survive when push came to shove.

“I’m so glad it’s over,” White said on Thursday about the demise of Strikeforce...

Full Story
Lungsofsteel
12/28/12 2:36:42PM
i think a lot of people saw this coming at one time or another, but that was quick imo
Budgellism
12/28/12 2:45:53PM
I'm glad it's basically over too. These last few months didn't need to happen. I wish Strikeforce had folded much sooner but it's happening now and we're already starting to see the benefits
Lungsofsteel
12/28/12 3:41:45PM
cant wait to see jacare fight in the ufc and luke rockhold
BuffaloDave
12/28/12 4:07:46PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

i think a lot of people saw this coming at one time or another, but that was quick imo

I was thinking around 2 years before it was over.
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
12/28/12 4:27:45PM
I think this makes Bellator look even better,more legit
tcunningham
12/28/12 7:52:12PM
glad to see it gone also. it really fell apart in the last year. the production was very poor IMO and of coarse the commentators were a joke.